my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Good day....sunshine!!!





These photos of morning shadows are all taken in and beyond the Malaquite Visitor's Center through the Park's entry gates some 30 miles from Corpus Christi, Texas...on Padre Island National Seashore's Federal Park System...The longest Stretch of Undeveloped Barrier Island in The World, Rich in natural and cultural history with 70 miles of protected coastline, including a coastal prairie, a dynamic dune system, wind tidal flats teeming with life. A sanctuary and nesting grounds for the endangered Kemp’s Ridley sea turtle. [within the gated park the government environmental agencies team with the scientists to have their own on the grounds facilities to incubate turtle eggs and release the endangered species each year] A haven for 380 species of birds, a rich cultural history including the 1554 Spanish shipwrecks; and the Laguna Madre, one of the few hyper-saline lagoon environments left in the world. At the center, the state highway ends and beyond that, further into the park, it's only accessible with four wheel drive vehicles or hiking. But of course the beaches are wide open spaces, clean and pristine. Don't get confused tho, this area is NORTH Padre Island [all undeveloped and protected], not South Padre Island which is still part of the barrier island chain... South Padre is about 165/170 miles from Corpus Christi, and highly commercialized with tourist attractions and hotels.






CONNECTING TO:



_ _ _

SUNDAY'S SUMMARY [on Saturday afternoon]


This morning I found the last of the two surnames in the Colorado Marriage Records from 1859=1939!!! Now I have them and can find more info. My brother-in-law, this coming Christmas will, hopefully, be quite surprised at what I've found. LOLOL Now I gotta call my sister and see if I can ask for some photos to add that perhaps he may have in his stash somewhere in a closet....and I need to be discreet so she won't have a clue. We'll see what pans out. But I'm done with that long tedious search. YAY!!! Right now as I type, I'm in the middle of cleaning house. Well, not the middle, I only have one more room to scrub down...the kitchen. And I'll get down on my hands and knees to scrub the floor. I did find out, the Winston is shedding...each room has white long cat hairs all over in every nook and cranny. Bought a new bird feeder [should have bought two--will go back soon to get another] and while I was there, bought a new hummingbird feeder. No hummingbirds using it right now, but we had a woodpecker slurping up the sugary sweetness!!! That's about it for the week, it took me days to get through the marriage records so, not much else got done. Don't forget, if you're here for my Camera Critters and my encounter with an alligator, it's just below this post.

46 comments :

  1. with the beach photos today...i want to head to the beach myself!!! great shots anni~ happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hurry...get to the beach before everyone else does.

      Delete
  2. Hi Anni,
    Mom and I are way behind! We thought you were on a blogging break.
    Anyway we are caught up now and congrats on the genaology break through
    Hugs
    Madi andMom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I just couldn't see myself trying to blog/visit/AND do the research. LOL

      Delete
  3. What a lovely spot! Great photos and shadows for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous sense of coastal wilderness here in these photos! Great place to breathe an feel at one with earth and sea! Delightful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anni,

    A great reflection photo of the day.

    TY for sharing eventhough it make me drool... wanting the sunny beach.

    Happy SSS,
    /CC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you are glad that search part is behind you! Glad to have you back! I have been out having fun with my new camera lens...look for some of the gorgeous photos on Wednesday! Have a good evening...missed you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what you share Linda.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful place and wonderful captures for the day!! Hope you're enjoying a great weekend, Anni!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wenn der Tag so schön beginnt, dann kann es ja nur gut werden.
    Einen schönen Sonntag wünsche ich dir und liebe Grüße

    Mathilda

    ReplyDelete
  9. You constantly get tunes a-humming in my head, and now "Good Day Sunshine" is going happily along inside there. Love your pictures of the sunshine. Right now the rain is drumming overhead, and I am a bit worried about my garden plants getting totally buried in heavy rain! (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya...well, let's trade for a while...I'll share the sun if you share some of that rain. Okay?

      Delete
  10. This barrier island is so pristine, the dunes not just beautiful but in place to protect mainlanders from storms. May it stay that way always...nice shadowy views, even the clouds have shadows on their undersides. A place to contemplate nature in all its beauty...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....I hope it'll remain wild and free always too, Ralph.

      Delete
  11. A woodpecker at the hummingbird feeder? That picture would have been TOO funny! I would love to go to this place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are comical...especially with their weight and the feeder tips and drips. I'll see if I can get a picture of it when it returns.

      Delete
  12. Beautiful photos and I love the shadows from the posts in the bottom one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly....for visiting, and the positive feedback.

      Delete
  13. I love the beach so much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lucky you to live in such close distance to the ocean.


    Shadows in my Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are beautiful, Anni. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed your stay here at Hootin's Marleen.

      Delete
  16. Great pictures from Mex gulfbeach!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know you stopped by.

      Delete
  17. Beautiful shots and I would much rather visit North than South Padre.
    Good job on finding the last of the names. When you're done scrubbing there, do you want to come over here and do mine....lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I found the couples....but thing is, now I have to go in and find stuff from Norway...Norwegian. Ugh.

      Delete
  18. Would love to be in the ocean right now!

    I hope you can find time to see my Soft Shadows on the Wall, have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....and I visited...your post below the shadow shot, I can see why she won a smile contest.

      Delete
  19. Sometimes genealogy is like hunting a needle in a haystack. Glad you were successful. Love those pics, especially the mound of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got that right...and my haystack isn't shrinking much these days.

      Delete
  20. Wonderful beach pictures.

    Happy Sunday from Port Canaveral where it is ready to rain like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sunny days are great days for shadows, as you found out!

    Blue Banderas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it was a beautiful morning.

      Delete
  22. The first time I ever flew was to Corpus Christi and we visited North Padre Island. I loved it, and I hope to get back there one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this area much better than South Padre....but there is more to do/see in the southern area...entertainment-wise

      Delete
  23. excellent! i love the last photo. hope you are not getting too much wind/rain with the current storm in your area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....I like the last photo also best. And as far as rain goes....no rain, just high humidity.

      Delete

.