my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




turtle soup...





Wednesday we drove to a birding park on the island, we walked along the short boardwalk and sat down about a half an hour looking through the binoculars into the live oak thicket near by. Nothing. While Bud was reading the historical markers in front of the entry, I walked around the thicket from the park's road a bit. I spotted a lone bird flitting around from the corner of my eye. Thing is, even with the camera aimed at it...it did NOT land long enough for me to focus. And, I don't know what kind of bird it was...it was marked like an Oriole in color, but VERY very small. After Bud was finished reading the two signs --we hopped into the car and left. As we were driving over the bridge/causeway, Bud informed me that we needed to stop at the pet store for cat food. So, what else is new? ---- Along the way, there is a lakeside park. Mostly filled with ducks and geese. Pulling off and getting out to walk around the lake, I was astounded to see so many turtles!!! Some were magical...appearing from beneath the water's surface, poking out only the head to breathe and magically disappearing again. In the top photo, you can notice three heads poking out of the water...away from the logs. Of course, I took photos of the ducks, geese and clear on the other side of the lake, a beautiful yellow bird was showing its stuff. I got a photo of that bird also...one that wasn't marked in our bird book [where I keep records of where and day we spotted them]. All in all, even if the island park was for naught, the lake in the city was 'fruitful'. In the one photo...on the top of the post, I counted 22 turtles--------







CONNECTING TO:
Camera Critters




May Categories for Photo Hunt
5th * Zap
12th * Scoop
19th * Magical
26th * Creative

My son turns 40 today!!!




- - -


WEEKEND FUNNIES

Once there was a King who was loved by all of his subjects, especially
because of the hunting excursions he shared with them. As will happen,
one day he died and his eldest son took the throne. Now this new king
was an animal-lover to the core, and immediately outlawed all forms of
hunting and fishing. His subjects accepted this for only a short time
before they ousted him. This is a truly significant event, because it's
the first time reign was called on account of the game.

*

Two hunters went moose hunting every winter without success. Finally, they came up with a fool-proof plan. They got a very authentic cow moose costume and learned the mating call of a cow moose. The plan was to hide in the costume, lure the bull, then come out of the costume and shoot the bull. They set themselves up on the edge of a clearing, donned their costume, and began to give the moose love call. Before long, their call was answered as a bull came crashing out of the forest and into the clearing. When the bull was close enough, the guy in front said, "Okay, lets get out and get him." After a moment that seemed like an eternity, the guy in the back shouted, "The zipper is stuck! What are we going to do!?" The guy in the front says, "Well, I don't know how about you but I'm going to start nibbling grass."

*

What is the best way to hunt bear? With your clothes off!!

46 comments :

  1. Ha! Love the moose joke. The turtle pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was funny...it was Bud's favorite too.

      Delete
  2. Cool shots of the turtles. They must be out enjoying the day like you. Love the jokes. Have a great weekend, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, that's a lot of turtles.
    Loved the funnies. Reign called on account of game cracked me up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked that one joke too Ann.

      Delete
  4. I have need seen so many turtles hanging around at one time, but we have about that many frogs living and croaking here. It is amazing. I love the shot with them marching one behind the other...Onward Christian Soldiers...oops, I meant to say Onward Creeping Turtles. genie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....a good play on lyrics Genie.

      Delete
  5. Always fun to see the turtles lined up enjoying the sun...then if you get too close, one by one they slide off their perch into the water. Loved the funnies, as usual! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was flabbergasted to see so many in one 'sittin'.

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday to your son, Anni! Happy weekend!

    Kim,USA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a spot to be had for the turtles in the water. Turtles sunning themselves is such a relaxing scene. Love your pictures, Anni! And I smiled at the funnies. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by as always, your comments are much appreciated, and love your company.

      Delete
  8. turtles make me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love all those turtles! Happy Birthday to your son. Our daughter turns 40 this October. I guess we'll take her on a cruise. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm having more of a 'bloggin' moment on his turning 40 than he is! LOL

      Delete
  10. LOVE the turtle photos Anni!! I crocheted some turtles recently, and then even read up on them a little. I never knew that Native Americans used their shells as calendars!.. (just thought that was interesting).. Have a great weekend! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina....glad you could stop by today.

      Delete
  11. Nice Photos! I thought the turtles was riding on a alligator, now I can see my mistake...They are still alive probobly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mentioned it....it DOES resemble an alligator.

      Delete
  12. awwww! so many cute turtles :-) great shots :-) Dropping by from Camera Critters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Jessica.

      Delete
  13. Oh ja, die Schildkröten mögen sehr gerne in der Sonne liegen.
    Das sind schöne Fotos.

    Liebe Grüße und ein schönes Wochenende.

    Mathilda ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you 'Tilda....you're always so positive, I love having you visit.

      Delete
  14. A plethora of sunning turtles!
    I love your template and framing - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carletta!!! And I must say I really had to giggle with your Sponge Bob post today.

      Delete
  15. Its always fun to go for a walk with you.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've been missed!!! Glad you could stop by to say hello.

      Delete
  16. Those turtles are pawsome!!!

    The Florida Furkids and Lexi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet play on words...a given from the fur kids mom!!!

      Delete
  17. Great shots and a very enjoyable post, thanks Anni.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No....thank YOU Denise, for visiting with me!

      Delete
  18. That's a great shot of all those turtles!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Please tell your son Happy birthday for me! Love those turtles, looks like they are having a convention!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it does, doesn't it. a convention, indeed.

      Delete
  20. I love those turtles lined up. Happy birthday to your son.

    Come and see the cicada in my critter entry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose....I did see your cicada yesterday. Awesome.

      Delete
  21. The turtles are just magical.

    Happy birthday to your son.

    http://hindmarsh-island.com/?p=659

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the turtles I shared are not even close to the magical on YOUR post!!

      Delete
  22. Oh I never saw so much turtles on one photo. Thats a great shot Anni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then....glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  23. Such cute turtles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was something I've never seen before...so many in one spot.

      Delete

.