my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


'round Hootin' Anni's 'hood...

This week's prompt for Picstory is *round*. I chose two to depict the challenge, and both are 'close' to me. One indoors year 'round and the other is evergreen---also year 'round!!! And one is loaded with Ruby rich red tones....
from wikipedia:
    Ixora is a genus of flowering plants in the Rubiaceae family. It consists of tropical evergreen trees and shrubs and holds around 500 species.[1] Though native to the tropical and subtropical areas throughout the world, its centre of diversity is in Tropical Asia. Ixora also grows commonly in subtropical climates in the United States, such as Florida. It is commonly known as West Indian Jasmine. Other common names include: rangan, kheme, ponna, chann tanea, techi, pan, santan, jarum-jarum, Jungle flame, Jungle geranium, and many more. The plants possess leathery leaves, ranging from 3 to 6 inches in length, and produce large clusters of tiny flowers in the summer. Members of Ixora prefer acidic soil, and are suitable choices for bonsai. It is also a popular choice for hedges in parts of South East Asia, like in Thailand. In tropical climates they flower year round. Red ixora flowers are commonly used in Hindu worship, as well as in Indian folk medicine.


Ixora blossom in our backyard raised flower bed.



Then, there is Sir Winston's beautiful Caribbean Sea-blue eyes...as round as round can be [for a cat anyway!]













CONNECTING TO:


next week's prompt for Picstory is *BEST OF - 1 year Picstory*

48 comments :

  1. Wow, both of these photos are just stunning!!! I have never heard of an Ixora!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're mostly found in the south/southwest. Not sure.

      Delete
  2. I love Ixora--I always get one or two every summer to put out on the patio. Two very creative "rounds"--nice work. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I like the yellow best...we have a yellow one also.

      Delete
  3. I love that plant - don't think I have ever seen one! And the eye photo...simply gorgeous! Can't believe he sat still for you to take that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of that flower but it sure is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like 'em better when they get bushy - so far mine isn't thick like I've seen.

      Delete
  5. Morning Anni
    Red is Mom's fav color and she was about a nanosecond away from going all crazy over the red posies.....UNTIL
    I hollered wait look at the most handsome Winston and his beautiful Caribbean Sea-blue eyes. Oh my gosh we had no idea he had such gorgeous peepers. Yes indeed the are truly the color of the sea.
    Tell Winston I'm smitten.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....I am not gonna tell Winnie that you're smitten...he'll be climbing through your patio windows.

      Delete
  6. If that ixora doesn't have a fragrance, it surely should have!

    Tiny Red Leaves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty image for your RT2, MMT!!!

      Delete
  7. Wow, that's impressive, I've never seen one before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are something not seen often. Even around here.

      Delete
  8. Both beautiful rounds. I enjoyed the flower for its vibrant color and the cat's eye for its mystery. Lovely, Anni...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mystery? Knowing Winston is more day dreaming. LOL

      Delete
  9. Awesome photos.... Loved them!
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still wiping off my Hershey's mouth while I read your comment. LOL

      Delete
  10. Interesting 'rounds' today, Anni... Love that flower. I've never heard of it --but it is gorgeous.. AND why not feature the ROUND eye of your kitty!!!! Great choices.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betsy...Winston didn't appreciate having the camera stuck 'in his eye' tho. But the way it turned out, it was worth it.

      Delete
  11. I love the quote on top - U believe the flowers and birds make us feel more alive. See God's handiwork. And I love the red flower - have never ever seen one of those before. And is that your sweet cat? You are doing great on your photography. Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous cat eye shot! And, I love Sir Winston's name. Great cat name. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's my all time favorite Winston. LOL

      Delete
  13. Fantastic shot! Happy RT2!

    Mine's here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Captured beautifully, lovey lantana too! Have a nice day.

    Purrfect Pens for RT, come and see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....your red pens are very fun.

      Delete
  15. both pics are wonderful! thanks for your round :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good pics for Tina's meme! And, oh, THAT Sir Winston Churchill (I forgot or didn't know that was your kitty's name)....and the flower is beautiful -looks like red velvet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep....he reminded me of Winston Churchill when we got him. With his pudgy face. LOL

      Delete
  17. Lovely shots, Anni. Good illustrations of the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Vibrant color and so pretty!

    Hope you'd come and see my Red Cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose...and I enjoyed your whimsical red cake.

      Delete
  19. Love the color of that flower. I've never seen one like it before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're more tropical, and not widely seen.

      Delete
  20. That flower is gorgeous. I've never seen one of those before. That is one very blue cat eye :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty...they come in the yellow variety too.

      Delete
  21. What amazing photos. You're more than a hoot, Anni. You're a great photographer!
    Greetings from Cottage Country!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That set of pics is pretty neat. The ixora looks very exotic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine you can see a lot of exotic things, Chuck, if you'd open your bottle of absinth.

      Delete
  23. Great photos!!! The flower is beautiful and I'll have to see if I can find one but I am absolutely in love with the eye photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winston is proud of his eyes too. LOLOLOL

      Delete
  24. Replies
    1. Glad you stopped by Denise.

      Delete

.