“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Happy Trails to you!!

There's a hidden arroyo [or creek] on a hilltop northwest of town. In fact, it's called Hilltop Community. A quiet, peaceful, family area with a twisted, hilly, trail that is a beautiful, sometimes with running and babbling creek meandering through; tranquil setting. Along the trail, in a few turn-off paths, you'll find wooden gazebos in natural locale for birding. Also, in other nooks and crannies along the way, there are exercising areas for stretching, push ups and other calisthenics for those who choose to utilize the equipment. Wooden bridges cross over the brook several times...it's a perfect 'oasis' away from the hustle and bustle of the city traffic noise, and it's all within the city!!

Welcome.... come along with me on this Spring day where the wild flowers bloom in the fields and the birds flit from tree to tree, last season's spanish moss drapes off the tree branches here and there... and the deep green hills await you to explore...



camera setting on macro of overhanging tree branch on trail path
[bridge in background]...






CONNECTING TO:
studio waterstone


- - -



MONDAY MORSELS
[continuing with Hilltop Community Birding Trail]









NOTE: At the end of the trail there is a Texas State Historical Marker that I'll explore with you...on tomorrow's post.

42 comments :

  1. Nice pictures, - it is perfect for MYM.
    I wish you a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and the same wish to you Hans...hope your Easter is peaceful and happy.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely place that would be! I have seen some of those trails that have the exercise spots along the trail, complete with instructions. Very nice for people who are into exercise...I do well just to get out and walk! This is very inviting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...actually, I've always like just walking...not jogging, or running, or any of that kind...walking is much more pleasurable.

      Delete
  3. I would love to explore this one in person. What a pretty place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once away from the highway and the parking lot...It IS a great place. All the lush green and brook...pretty.

      Delete
  4. the sky looks a bit ominous in the first shot, I love dark skies
    so much lovely nature here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was at the beginning of our walk, and I too love the ominous, dark, heavy overcast skies.

      Delete
  5. Looks like a lovely walk... I need to be better about getting my children out to explore what nature has to offer here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, walking is so pleasurable. Yep, kids would find all kinds of places to explore.

      Delete
  6. I like the pink flowers in one of your later photos, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too....I love having a Spring full of wildflower blossoms.

      Delete
  7. Nice, Anni. I enjoyed our little walk together. Thanks for taking me along! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you came with me....I also enjoyed your hike to the lake.

      Delete
  8. Wonderful pics! Have a fabulous week.

    Liz @ MLC
    Liz @ YACB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a fabulous week yourself Liz.

      Delete
  9. Enjoyed the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, sweet lady.

      Delete
  10. I love beautiful trails this time of year. Everything is fresh and fragrant.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...some of this area tho is evergreen...it rarely goes dormant around here.

      Delete
  11. Wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you....you know I loved your butterfly image.

      Delete
  12. Are the pink flowers Missouri Primrose? This looks like a lovely place to relax and enjoy natures beauties. We still have snow in our oasis, but next month it should be blooming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really not sure what any of the wildflowers are called, except for the one I DO know and that is the blue bonnet. LOL

      Delete
  13. just a gorgeous photo u have here Anni..here for MYM. Hope you can look at my entry too at Staining Of Fence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on my way to pay you a visit...thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  14. Great shots..

    Visiting for MYM- hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.sweetposh.info/2012/04/carmex-lip-balm.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a wonderful little Paradise, thanks for taking us with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it IS a little bit of paradise...but I'd prefer the vast paradise by the sea. LOL Glad you enjoyed it Ginny.

      Delete
  16. I love trails but I won't walk alone it's with my hubby following me with his gun ^_^ Happy Monday!

    Jelly Beans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sad...having to carry a gun to walk.

      Delete
  17. Lovely images. Happy Easter...love the bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly!!! [You KNOW I loved your butterflies yesterday...gorgeous images]

      Delete
  18. What a neat idea for your post. YOur captures are so nice and I love the idea of the different stamps. You are so creative. Happy Week. genie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just 'dotted' border code to make it look like 'stamps'. Thanks Genie.

      Delete
  19. Beautiful macro. Your area looks so inviting... Thanks for sharing!!!!

    Gonna be out-of-pocket for a few days...
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betsy....enjoy your 'days off'.

      Delete
  20. Very pretty shots. That third photo reminds me of a Yucca or Joshua Tree relative... which I see out in my neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS a yucca...in the subtropics no less.

      Delete
  21. Arroyos are presidents in Philipines. Is it Spanish?

    ReplyDelete

.