my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Wave Dragon and Rose Geranium?

I don't know if y'all have ever watched a program on Nat'l Geographic [I believe] on how the Red Sea could have possibly, truthfully, parted in Biblical times. From wind and water and wave actions...all to actually separate from the surface and expose the sea's land mass below? Well a Wave Dragon is built quite a bit on this whole scientific principle [not exact, but close]...But wait, this isn't about science or the capability of what a turbo charged wave dragon can accomplish. It's about glass...a glass dolphin to be exact...and the macro of the blown glass 'wave'.




At closer inspection of the image I took for today's post, I can see a keen resemblance of a dragon's face...in the wave. Hence, Wave Dragon!! [call me crazy weird, go ahead...I know I am]:

ANNI: "Bud? Come here a minute!"
Bud walks in behind my chair...
ANNI: "Do you see a dragon in this section of glass wave?"
He comes in close, closer; eying the picture...
BUD: "Not really." As he points along the surface of the monitor, he says:
BUD: "Actually, I see an ogre."
ANNI: "An ogre?"
BUD: "Ya...see?" He drags his finger around the image.
BUD: "This is his nose, that's his eye, and there is the cheekbone and lips."
I don't see it...I see the darned dragon. So, I get busy with my paintshop and trace around the DRAGON!!! I even, for his consideration and interest in Sci-Fi... I thought of adding fire!!
ANNI: "Come here now...do you see the dragon?"
BUD: "I guess". And as he leaves, he's scratchin' his butt...
I KNEW there was a dragon in there. [no, not his butt...well, on 2nd thought, there IS a lot of hot air sometimes!]
As he walks through the door threshold, I yell out to him...
ANNI: "Told'ya so!!"









And in case you want to see the entire glass dolphin...
This is it.
















CONNECTING TO:
studio waterstone


- - -


MONDAY MORSELS


I'm posting this on Sunday afternoon since Bud and I will be leaving early Monday morning.

To go out on a tangent here, I ask you if you've ever really wanted a product from long ago and wish you could convince a company to either duplicate the product or prompt and try to persuade them to make something similar...but it would have to be nearly a perfect match to the original? Well, I have. I've emailed the 'model' company...AVON...and suggested that they consider returning an item that they had in the 1970s. Only, to get a response that they'll 'take it to the board' on their next meeting. Ya, right. Nothing came of it. The only thing close to what I would like is found in 'essential oils'. Well, I really don't want an oil. What I would like is hand and body lotion!! Or even a body wash, body spray. And essential oils, the fragrance I want, can't be found in the stores here. I'd have to order online. Which I know I'd have to pay shipping and handling charges ----in turn, making it expensive stuff!! A lot more expensive than what it's worth in my estimation. I've searched for this on e-bay even. The product from Avon that is. I found it long ago, but never even bid on it, because the item was not listed as 'new or unopened'. That in itself was a trip!!! Ummmmm, bidding on a product that was at "one time opened but never used"? I don't think so. I have sanitary issues. And I don't need it THAT badly. Then, just recently it popped up again on e-bay. But I was too late, the item was listed as NEW --but the bidding had ended already. I was bummed. LOL I just wish some other company would think about bringing it to the public once again. Thinking of lotions and body washes, I thought "Anni, try contacting Body and Bath corporate office and try to 'sell the idea' that it would be a nice new and refreshing fragrance." If they would market this right, and have in mind any mention that it's soothing and calming [which would work wonders for the conscientious consumers, who would buy anything that is 'natural and healing'...right?]. Anyway, I did go out to the corporate home page and contacted the consumer alert section with an email...begging suggesting a new fragrance with a Victorian flair. Doesn't hurt to try. I may have to resort to the oil...if ever I find it without having to pay for the shipping and handling ---I would much prefer buying locally and doling out sales tax to keep the companies we HAVE in town...it only makes economic sense to me. Keeping local stores in business instead of always shopping online. Then, again, if they don't carry it...I think it's THEIR loss.


PS...Most of Sunday afternoon, late afternoon, I've had a heckuva time getting in to visit any blogsters that left me comments on my shadow shot!! I kept getting a "503" error message on my browser - "Service Unavailable". Hope it straightens out soon.

47 comments :

  1. Never thought about the 'wave' much before. Love the Rose Geranium idea, will look to find it.

    I think water marks are just fine. Shoot! if you don't do them to your special photos, they'll b snagged by others for credit.

    Have a beautiful day ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ~ GIVEAWAY ends 3/30 ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marydon!! I'll try and get by to visit with you tomorrow. I'm having a difficult time getting other blogs to load for me for some reason. Yes, I wish AVON would reconsider and come back with this scent.

      Regarding my so called 'obtrusive' watermark -- it's MY blog and I'm doing it for protection of my photos and trying to make it more difficult for those that want to 'steal' it. Glad you understand. I really dislike those who get 'nasty' in their commenting here. Words used, like: "photos are very spoiled, by the *mark* being right across - Very spoiled." That's rude and not good blogging protocol if you ask me. People like that just take the fun out of sharing your world with a blog post.

      Delete
  2. I see the dragon! Nice work on those flames. (Can't see Bud's ogre though)
    As for the watermark - I've never been bothered by it. And as you say - they are your pictures to do with as you like! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't see it even while he was tracing 'it' with his fingers! LOL Glad you have the courtesy and positive thought on watermarking...no matter HOW I do it.

      Delete
  3. Your watermark doesn't bother me, in fact, I completely understand it. And, actually, after the first few photos, I rarely even notice it anymore. And, I saw the dragon...but not the ogre, so there, Bud! I like what you did with it ..and I like the original!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, Bud....Na-na-na-NA-na!!!!

      Delete
  4. I saw the dragon with no problem...I have weird vision that way. I believe the watermark thing is your right. They don't bother me and never have. Most all good photographers I follow watermark their shots. I have 4 watermark programs on my computer and haven't decided on which one I want to use. God, my photos are so disorganized!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both....the dragon just pops out atcha, doesn't it? LOL

      Delete
  5. Been forgetting to tell you how much I like your bunny background! I love your dolphin, and it IS a wave dragon!!! By the way, the sea did not split UNTIL the men stepped out in faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the program wasn't really "Biblical" in its own sense...it was scientific experiments of such to prove that it could've really happened....the parting of the sea...by weather phenomenons. That bunny graphic is a cropped paintshop pro tube I got in a tube group with Yahoo.

      Delete
  6. Hello Hootin' Anni,

    Personally I think that you should be able to do what you want with your photos - I say watermark them. Yup!, I see the dragon, cool.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you stopped by Jenny!!! Thanks for the input.

      Delete
  7. Your photos are gorgeous and a watermark on anyone's personal property is their right. If you would put it on the side it could easily be cut off. No worries - it's your blog! Lovely dolphin and wave dragon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly....it's too easy to steal if you make it small and put it on the side, kinda defeating the purpose of it all together.

      Delete
  8. Your conversation made me laugh and I do see the dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya...he scratches his butt often. [snort]

      Delete
  9. Wow! What a cool and great macro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Birgitta....I feel privileged that like it 'cause I know how great your images are.

      Delete
  10. That is beautiful!! I can definitely see the dragon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great....thanks for stopping by Tasha.

      Delete
  11. I actually see *two* dragons... but then I am tuned into such mystical creatures :)

    Thank you for visiting my blog!

    ~Kazi xxx
    http://kazigrrl.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see TWO?!!! Where oh where is the 2nd one...do tell...so I can point that out to Bud, too. LOL

      Delete
  12. Lovely ~ excellent macro photos ~~ thanks, namaste, ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are lovely. Have a fabulous week.

    Liz @ MLC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....you too, have a super week ahead.

      Delete
  14. I think the watermarks are fine. Of course, I'm not looking to steal your images without giving you credit.

    I totally saw the dragon in the first picture of the wave. I saw the hanging man in the tree shadow too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been nothing but a 'guessing game' with my last two blogs, hasn't it? Thanks for the watermark comment.

      Delete
  15. I like the colors in the glass, very abstract and interesting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wayne...being that you're such an artistic photographer, this coming from you means a great deal.

      Delete
  16. No matter how I see it, I see an eagle ^_^ And the watermarks are find I do it too.

    The Pot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not see an eagle at all....where? Thanks for the vote of confidence on the watermark issue.

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. Thank you....but, I must say I loved YOUR post today much better than mine. :o)

      Delete
  18. your glass art is beautiful!!
    have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still swirling around in my mind your post today...with coloring 72 eggs.

      Delete
  19. You always have the best of features. So interesting and informative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my....thanks for the compliment. You made MY day.

      Delete
  20. So pretty!

    Please come and see my mellow yellow entry. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the invitation....I'm on my way.

      Delete
  21. You are getting very artsy my friend. This is beautiful. The twirls and swirls are beautiful. You really did a fine job with this one The more I look at it the more I see. Do not worry about the watermark. I use one sometimes but forget it at others. I need to make a brush of it, but have not figured out how to do it. genie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for understanding...some people that blog just don't get it...unless it's done their way. y'know? Glad you liked the 'dragon'.

      Delete
  22. Actually, I saw an eagles head at first glance, but did seen the dragon after I looked a little closer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmmm, I believe another said nearly the same thing...I don't see the eagle at all.

      Delete
  23. That was pretty cool!

    Visiting for Mellow Yellow Monday- hope you can stop by:)

    http://myrecipecollection.info/2012/03/champagne-mango.html

    ReplyDelete

.