“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






I'm a rebel!! And Irish. [guess it goes hand in hand]....

  • It's the most dreaded week [and part of next week] for us local beach lovers!!! HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE SPRING BREAK hits the beaches on the coast---
      ..."City tourism officials said they expect more than 100,000 people to come to the Coastal Bend this week for spring break, with an economic impact in the tens of millions of dollars."
    Read the rest of the story if you're interested. I'm not. rofl

  • Blah, blah, blah!! I am refusing to do what our government tells us to do by ONE aspect. LOL At least the timing is right....by this I mean, I am refusing to go onto daylight savings time in my home, car, smartphone, computer...refusing to reset the clocks. I've had it up 'to here' with my whole bodily system being confused...and my hour[s] to take my meds, when to begin dinner, go to bed etc. etc. etc. With all the hoopla of daylight time, nothing is being saved as in energy consumption [the sun still rises and sets no matter what the clock says -lights are turned on when it's dark and off when it's light] ------and besides, I'm retired! I have no schedule or time clock to punch. If I ever have an appointment set up with a doctor or a hair cut...if they tell me to show up at 8:00 a.m. I'll write down 7 a.m. Simple as that. In other words...I deplore the time change and never again will I adjust my clocks.

  • Did you change YOUR clocks? READ THIS - it's all about time change putting your heart at risk --I can relate to this!!!


  • Benjamin Franklin is the culprit...he's the one that suggested Daylight Savings Time. If he were around, I could really give him a piece of my mind. Kicking his butt clear back to England where he belonged [at least coming up with THAT conception!!]

  • Studies show that the time change does NOT conserve energy...in fact on an average, the states [except for Arizona] tally up MORE consumption during daylight savings time by 1%; costing states extra money in the MILLIONS of dollars. All contributed to the extra time needed to air conditioning and/or heating either in the summertime or early autumn.

  • I've written to my Congressmen in Texas...they all highly disagree with the nation-wide studies. Why does that not surprise me? I think it all boils down to lobbyists and big money exchanging hands with oil.

  • Also estimate social costs of increased pollution emissions that range from $1.7 to $5.5 million per year during the savings time months.

  • That was one of the BEST parts of our living in Arizona for a decade!!! No Daylight Savings Time!!!!

  • Speaking of SPRING...Saturday is St. Patrick's Day. Of course, I didn't go without doing a little decorating o' the house and hearth...and I do mean a LITTLE bit. Didn't have that much time to go all out this year....






    All images are from the coffee table, table top
    ...in living room














  • CONNECTING TO:
    Mommy's Idea





    - - -

    I titled this "Irish Interlude"




    Effects and steps to come to this:

    Pastel of the original from above in my Fragments...then-
    Feather, Eclipse, copy, paste add picture tube of Irish Green hat...frame, Goldplate, title it.




    CONNECTING TO:
    Photo Art Friday

    43 comments :

    1. Enjoy your weekend, love you.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Have a great weekend yourself dear Denise.

        Delete
    2. The beauty of being retired is that you can do what you want...mostly! I applaud your rebellion, however, I am not smart enough to keep my life in check without changing the clocks...so I do it! Love the green decorations!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think I'm liking my decision too. Makes life a whole lot easier.

        Delete
    3. Happy St. Patty's Day - have a lovely day no matter what time it is!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. LOL....when you get my age, time schedules for eating, sleeping, and medication is part of life...and it all gets horribly messed up for me. Happy St. Pat's Day to you too.

        Delete
    4. I'm with you. I HATE the time change! I am not a morning person and this getting up before the buttcrack of dawn really ticks me off!

      Love your St. Patty's decor! :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. The majority, I've found, IS dead set against the concept, but they still conform to the government. That I can't understand. Now I'm a morning person...I love the quietness of early morning hours and late evening hours.

        Delete
    5. I guess I'm the oddball. While I'm not a fan of the actual change (if for no other reason than it's a pain to change all the clocks/timers around the house), I just love having more daylight later in the evening. I'm retired, too, but I was up before dawn before the change, so getting up now in the dark doesn't affect me. But I do love the later daylight. ;-)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Well, Kathy, you really don't "have later daylight"...the sun still rises and sets as usual. And no, you're not an 'oddball'...you just like the system.

        Delete
      2. Instead of saying that I love the later daylight, I should have said the later sunset (and yes, I know that means a later sunrise because DST doesn't change the number of daylight hours). I just like sunset at 7PM better than 6PM. I know that means that the sun rises at 7AM instead of 6AM, but for me, it's worth it (especially since I'm usually up before sunrise anyway). ;-)

        Thanks for stopping by. We'll be a half block from the beach ... we're staying over on the Atlantic coast, since the Cardinals play in Jupiter. I prefer the Gulf coast of Florida, but I'm not so picky that I'll turn down the Atlantic coast. ;-)

        Delete
      3. FUN!!!! ---so, you get to go to a Cardinals Game?!!! How exciting. I've been following all the Spring Training games online. Getting ready for opening day.

        Delete
    6. I actually wish we would stay on Daylight Saving Time all year round. Makes more sense to me. But then again, we peons don't get much of a say. That is, unless you're Hootin' Anni! She's not going to go there! Hawaii also doesn't do DST, either.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yes, I've thought of the very same thing...but then, you have all the parents of little ones in the DARK waiting for school buses and early, classes at school, in the DARK.

        Delete
    7. I hate the time change and wish we would just leave it be. However - I have to change my clocks or I would be all goofed up!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. If I were younger, and still working, I'd probably conform to it also, but not necessarily like it in any way shape or form.

        Delete
    8. Yeah, I agree with you on DST. It is an anachronistic!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Most definitely....you and I think alike.

        Delete
    9. Happy St. Patrick's Eve!!
      Love all your green pictures of your collectibles.
      My human sis lives on the NC coast she feels the same way you do during spring break!!

      As for springing forward. OMC it played havoc with our G-father clock. It took days for it to regulate.
      hugs Madi and Mom

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I can only imagine trying to regulate a Grandfather clock.

        Delete
    10. I agree with you 100% on daylight saving. It is now dark again when I go to work and it really messes up my old body.
      I can not imagine that many people on the beaches. I bet there is a big mess left when it is over.
      I don't do decor for St Pat day anymore.
      Have a great day and weekend,
      Hugs

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Even to me and I live here...the amount of people flocking to the beaches around here is mind boggling.

        Delete
    11. Here in Kentucky, we changes our clocks last Saturday. I too hate the time change. It messes with my already out of wack system.
      My Great-Grandfather used to never change his clocks. He would say that it was silly and un-necessary. I remember him saying, I hate that Fast Time!
      The "Time" was always a confusing topic in our house when i was growing up. My Dad worked in the Eastern Time Zone, and lived on that time, but we lived in the Central Time Zone. So the question was always,"My time or yours"?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oops!! That first sentence should have said changed, not changes.

        Delete
      2. Good for him....I can't see anything that is positive toward a time change myself.

        Delete
      3. I figured out the typo...no problem.

        Delete
    12. We "save" daylight from the last weekend in March on in whole Europe. Then we have the official Summer time. Once in Morocco my friend and I wondered that at supper the dining room was so empty and the food not hot enough. No wonder they had switched to Summer time and we were always 1 h late, lol ! and that for 3 days, we almost missed our bus to the airport because of this ! Nobody had told us. Now the first thing I do in a hotel is looking at the local time the clocks were all hanging over the reception. I knew the time in New York but not in Morocco !

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I see what a dilemma you had in your travels.

        Delete
    13. Really love the processing you did for the PAF image; beautiful. And, I soooo hear you about daylight savings time - and, I am in Alaska - doesn't matter much except when you want to call somewhere and they are closed! LOL - have a fabulous St. Pats. Karen

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I can understand being in Alaska and all. Makes no sense for you residents, to be sure.

        Delete
    14. I do change the time on my clocks when we're told to do so otherwise I'd be completely confused! lol And you do realize that it's not nice to confuse a blonde even more!!!! hehe My body seems to adjust to the time change pretty easily, I don't really notice much of a difference healthwise so I guess that's why I don't mind it.

      I love your St. Patrick's day decor, the figurines are so darling. Will you be putting out your Easter decorations right after St. Paddy's Day is over or do you wait a while? I might wait a week or so and then decorate for Easter;-) xoxo

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I swear, your Friday posts are gettin' funnier and funnier each week. I LOVED meeting Bruno.

        Delete
    15. I agree with you about the time change. It's stupid and annoying. I suspect you computer and smartphone changed automatically.
      Great Shamrocks - Happy St. Paddy's day.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I have everything set for STANDARD time...and there is a place you can make you settings to a certain time, without it changing to daylight savings time.

        Delete
    16. I wish I could follow your plan and refuse to change my clocks too. I like the idea.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Easy...just don't do it. LOL It's different tho, when you have kids and family and a job.

        Delete
    17. Very interesting read about your "rebellion" against DST - Personally I'm one of the "odd" ones who also likes the extra daylight in the evening.

      Your art piece is really fun. I love the figurines you used.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Ida...you're not 'odd'...if you like DST then, that's okay. Right?

        Delete
    18. totally hate DST - it takes weeks for my kids to get with it... and then we have a few weeks and switch back... not useful at all...

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Your profile link took me to no where. Sadly, I can't pay you a visit.

        Delete
    19. I like the idea of blending 3 different photos with the same theme that compliment each other, especially like yours do..the gold frame is quite the bling...I am Irish, and a rebel also..

      ReplyDelete
    20. O.K. I laughed so hard about not changing your clocks! Unfortunately, our alarm clock in our bedroom changes automatically and since they changed the dates this year and forgot to inform our clock it was going off at the new time a week early! That was awful. If we didn't have so many "time" things I don't think I'd change mine either. When I travel to see my grands in California, I don't change my watch...never!

      ReplyDelete
    21. I know what you mean about daylight saving time and meds. I have a pill that I take twice daily and it has to be taken as close to 12 hours apart as possible. The side effects can be dangerous if they’re taken too close. So I skip one pill every time the time changes. I have alarms that go off on my cell phone to remind me to take the pill as close to alarm time as possible. No DST, no need to mess with the pill schedule or skip a dose!

      And on the early and late ends of DST, there is extra energy to have lights on to get the kids ready to wait for the bus in the dark.

      I LOVE your Irish figurine! As a digital scrapbooker, I think your Irish Interlude is an outstanding work of art!!

      ReplyDelete

    .