my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



Deep in the Heart....

...OF TEXAS!! From yesterday about the stars and sky over Texas, I thought, "why not"? Go with another George Strait recording. Of course the song is as old as the Texas Hills...but still----

The stars at night - are big and bright

Deep in the heart of Texas.
The prairie sky - is wide and high

Deep in the heart of Texas.
The sage in bloom - is like perfume

Deep in the heart of Texas.
Reminds me of - the one I love
Deep in the heart of Texas.
The rabbits rush - around the brush
Deep in the heart of Texas.
The coyotes wail - along the trail

Deep in the heart of Texas.
The cowboys cry - ki-yip-pie-yi

Deep in the heart of Texas.
The doggies bawl - [bawl and bawl]

Deep in the heart of Texas..

Deep in the HEART OF TEXAS

note from Anni: "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as quickly as I could!!"




Song on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/v/-hPL2s68dHA
PHOTO CREDITS: The night sky photo taken, March 5th [Venus and Pluto are the 'stars'], Texas prairie near Kingsville Texas, Texas Sage Bush in our yard, howling coyote statue in our yard, cowboy on King's Ranch, and last is Santa Gertrudis cattle breed sign.

Thursday Theme Song where you match lyrics to photos or visa-versa.

CONNECTING TO:




- - -


It's Time for Trash Talk!

Now, I've come to the conclusion that Texas has a lot of 'idiots'...and by this I mean those that get behind the steering wheel and call it driving!! I'm sure there are those in ALL states [in my experience, I think the worst of drivers are in the state of New Mexico]. Sorry...but that's my experience. Even those driving in Los Angeles aren't as scary as those that hail from New Mexico. That's my opinion...don't chastise me. LOL Anyway, speaking of states...Texas, New Mexico...there are those you may think twice about the description "idiot". Take New York for instance....in fact, more closely, take a look at NYC for an example today---
    A giant, obvious misspelling on a New York City crosswalk has city, utility and school officials pointing fingers, and assuring that none will win a spelling bee. Even worse, the misspelling is right outside a Manhattan high school, and involves the word "school."The painted pavement on Stanton Street outside Marta Valle High School reads "SHCOOL X-NG,"

Okay, now it's time for the best part of this weekly blog segment. I so enjoy reading the comments. Oftentimes I find myself just skimmin' over the article to get to the 'juicy' part...the hilarious [and sometimes so funny, they're true] comments!!



Tony D posted: What a bunch of Fhools!

Jeff posted: It should say..."HEY I'M WALKIN HEA"

GunslingerXXII posted: I have a dog named Phydeaux.

Joe posted: "Welkome" to U.S. Public funded schools where NO ONE fails!

Terry posted: I am not a genius but shouldn't XNG be XING or should we just let that slide.

Oz posted: Now this is the funny thing. The DOT [anni notes: department of transportation] idiots makes more money than NYC Teachers.

Timothy S posted: Same people who dial information to get the number for 911!


...the last one for the day reads as follows:

Bob Smith posted:
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnat tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

And now, if you wanna...here's the REST OF THE STORY
No infringement intended.



30 comments :

  1. Woo Hoo, smiling really big here, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to make you smile sweet thing.

      Delete
  2. You are so right - the comments are better than the articles often! Funny stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me...your watercolor class...tell me all about it sometime. I'm most interested. Oh and yes, I oftentimes just forget reading the entire article and jump right to the comments they're so funny.

      Delete
  3. Now that is a toe taping boot scooting song.
    I love your pictures. I don't think I've seen sage blooming until today. Is it fragrant.
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooooooooo, that comment reminds me of "Boot Scootin' Boogie". Been ages since I've heard that one. LOL

      Delete
  4. I always loved "Deep in the Heart of Texas" especially when I lived in Texas. You don't hear it much in Oklahoma for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm sure the citizens of OK don't appreciate a "TEXAS" song. Yogi? ---I was so impressed with your sky photo today...it blew me away.

      Delete
  5. You can't go wrong with a George Strait song! This particular song has been sung many times by many different artists... signs of a GOOD Song! Your pictures are all Great too. The sage blooms are beautiful, never seen those before. We have a howling wolf statue in our living room, much like the one you have pictured. Ours is one that my husband bought in his first marriage and payed a small fortune for, my kids and I tease him about paying so much for a concrete wolf.
    The Trash Talk story is funny. I like the comments best too. I have seen the last comment before. It has been posted on Face Book several times. It is odd how we have no problem reading it, but you would think that city officials or road department workers could spell a simply word like "School"!!
    Happy Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I guess the Trash Talk got to me...that should be simple not simply in that last line.

      Delete
    2. Awwww, heck...you trying to tell me YOU'RE from NYC too? [kidding] Yep, yep, yep...George Strait is one of my favorite country singers.

      Delete
    3. And yes, you can't beat George Strait's songs and singing. I can't believe there are two men out here in blogland that bought a cement coyote!!! Amazing. LOL

      Delete
  6. Loved the article and the comments, Anni. You make me smile and give me a lift every time I come over to visit. That's what friends are for, I guess. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'mornin' DJan. I must confess, even tho you posted snowy images today, I loved the tracks in the snow. So fun.

      Delete
  7. -chuckle- Why do I *have* to feel sorry for the mis-spelling sign painter? Because I never could fully grasp spelling.

    I had one dear grade school teacher who took it upon herself, to make a speller out of me. Sadly, all her work, did not do the trick. -grin-

    And to top off not spelling, as I get older, I transpose letters. So, even if I spell something properly, I have to check to see that I didn't mix letter up.

    -grinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear hubby's philosophy is [since he can't spell either]..."When in doubt, add an 'e'". LOL

      Delete
  8. Texas is beautiful! And there are idiots in every state!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mari...I am gonna try your recipe you shared today. Soon!!!
      By the way, I think Michigan is a pretty state too.

      Delete
  9. I love George Strait and never tire of hearing him, no matter how old the song is:-) You did a great job choosing the pictures to go with the words!!

    I swear there are idiot drivers everywhere! lol Oh my goodness, I can't believe they screwed up the word "school" on that crosswalk! That's hilarious and made even worse by being right in front of a high school! lol Can you imagine the ribbing the guy who did it must be getting?! The comments are my favourite as well, too funny!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't these little weekly ditties...a hoot? Laughter is always good in my estimation. Oh,ya...George Strait. Just as yummy as your donut muffins today...LOL Okay, maybe so.

      Delete
  10. Great song! But what does George sing that isn't? We have our fair share of idiot drivers here in Phoenix. The only safe place to be is in front of a computer. Loved you trash talk. It was in light ing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day Marti...I actually thought AZ drivers [the decade we lived there] the drivers were always so courteous, it was like a culture shock to us when we retired there at first. Cute play on words added too, at the end of your comment.

      Delete
  11. This is so funny, and the comments are a scream!!! Why doesn't anyone get out there and change the spelling??? I remember this song well, love your howling coyote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't these a hoot?!!! I tellya I have more fun that a barrel of monkeys doing this Trash Talk post weekly!!! Loved your gazing balls post today.

      Delete
  12. Ya just made that great old song even better with those beautiful pictures.

    We drive the miles and miles of Texas goin' to Brownsville to visit my Mom and sis. Ya gotta drive really fast or you'll get ran over. Texas consistently passes on the wrong side. I'll stop there...'nuff said 'cause what does this old hillbilly know anyway!!! Heeehehehe!

    God bless and have an incredible day sweetie!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Nezzy...I enjoyed your "BEST" post.

      Delete
  13. I think every state these days have their share of bad drivers.
    I wonder if the commercials they show anymore on how fast or the stupid stunts they show a car doing has anything to do with it.kinda like monkey see,monkey do!!!!
    Who would not like anything that Sweet George sings.
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monkey see, Monkey do....so true.

      Delete
  14. Love your "Texas" post!!! Great (and beautiful photos) and of course, the song was terrific to listen to. There is a reason people love Texas--great place to live. Have a good weekend, Anni. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas is a very impressive state to live in....to be sure. It's always fun to make a tribute to its wonder. LOL

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

.