“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Whispers from Bud..."I love You"---

Today is my birthday...
The beauty of flowers, the charm of feathered friends, the daughter's & son's love and:
Waking up to the whispers of "I love you" is all I ask for---


SONG LINK: Lady in Red http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt2YIpZWBqA
artist: Chris DeBurgh
PHOTO CREDITS: Red wildflower blossoms in downtown park [first two images], "Mister Lincoln" patented rose [our rose box], LADY IN RED--cardinal [downtown park], Scarlet Knight rose [our rose box], LADY IN RED--metal coca cola sign hanging on our wall, and LADY IN RED...me.


I've never seen you looking so lovely as you did tonight,
I've never seen you shine so bright,



I've never seen so many men ask you if you wanted to dance,
They're looking for a little romance, given half a chance,
And I have never seen that dress you're wearing,



Or the highlights in your hair that catch your eyes,
I have been blind;

The lady in red is dancing with me, cheek to cheek,
There's nobody here, it's just you and me,
It's where I want to be,
But I hardly know this beauty by my side,
I'll never forget the way you look tonight;



I've never seen you looking so gorgeous as you did tonight,
I've never seen you shine so bright, you were amazing,



I've never seen so many people want to be there by your side,
And when you turned to me and smiled, it took my breath away,
And I have never had such a feeling,
Such a feeling of complete and utter love, as I do tonight;

The lady in red is dancing with me, cheek to cheek,
There's nobody here, it's just you and me,



It's where I want to be,
But I hardly know this beauty by my side,
I'll never forget the way you look tonight;

I never will forget the way you look tonight.
The lady in red, the lady in red,



The lady in red, Bud's my lady in red...




- - -




It's time again for my Thursday Trash Talk....
    LEXINGTON, N.C. (AP) — Do you have change for a million-dollar bill?

    Police say a North Carolina man insisted his million-dollar note was real when he was buying $476 worth of items at a Walmart. Investigators told the Winston-Salem Journal that 53-year-old Michael F. tried to buy a vacuum cleaner, a microwave oven and other items. Store employees called police after his insistence that the bill was legit, and "F" was arrested. The largest bill in circulation is $100. The government stopped making bills of up to $10,000 in 1969. "F" was charged with attempting to obtain property by false pretense and uttering a forged instrument.



...and of course the comments below the article are always a hoot!!


Quackers posted: Should have walked in with a top hat, monocle and cane. He had a better chance using Monopoly money.

Pakal-Moon posted: And as Foghorn Leghorn, the big rooster said, "That Boy is about as sharp as a pound of wet liver"

Completely Satisfied posted: It's just as valuable as our "real" money.

Political_Alchemist posted: We need institutions for the criminally stupid. Wait, we could call it "Congress." :)

* posted: Could someone please define "uttering a forged instrument"? What does THAT mean?

W posted: There's an entire culture in America that, if given a million dollars, their first thought is "Wal-Mart". And that is simply pathetic.

LAST ONE I'M POSTING IS THIS:

[there was no name by it] "Wait for tomorrow's headline when he trys to use his 'Get out of jail free' card." [Anni here -note: see how the word 'trys' is spelled? Ummmm, maybe the poster is related to Michael "F"?!!!]


READ complete story HERE
no intended infringement.

18 comments :

  1. Happy Birthday Anni!
    All of those beautiful red flowers are making me wish for summer. Lady in Red is one of the most beautiful songs, I believe it was written by Roy Orbison.
    Hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the article - and you are right - the replies are too funny!
    Now, on to more important things...the photos were lovely, as were you, lady in red! Very nice post for your birthday!

    I once had an employee whose Platinum Visa card was stolen from her wallet at work by one of the day-laborers doing some painting. They used it at KMart and she said she was almost more insulted at using a Platinum card at KMart than she was by the theft! At least they could have gone to Macy's! People are funny, aren't they?

    Have a wonderful day - may you have all you wish for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Anni! Hope you have a wonderful day!
    I enjoyed the song and the pictures that went with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Happy Happy Birthday Anni!!! Bud is a wise MAN and a KEEPER!!

    Red is absolutely my favorite color and I love this song. Thank you for sharing it today. It has been years since I hear it.

    LOL at the NC man. He certainly spun a fantastic tale about the money!
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, Anni, and you're right: no better way to wake up on your birthday, or any other day! Love the story of the man with the fun money. And the comments! Great...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your day is as special as you are....
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

      And this is the only way I can comment. Because no Pop Up Box is offered.

      "If you fix on yourself and your tradition,
      believing you alone have got "It,"
      you've removed yourself
      form the rest of mankind."

      ~Joseph Campbell

      Delete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU and I love all of your photos.
    I really did enjoy the comments on the funny money. We had a dummy who tried to rob a quick stop and he bought a soda and then left his credit card on the counter. Love it
    Hugs and enjoy your day.
    I hear that this is also Garth Brooks 50th birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anni, Happy Birthday! Loved this post, thank you so much for putting it together for us. Hope your day and year will be your best ever. Hugs,

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Anni!! Lady in Red is such a beautiful song in itself, but hearing it as I am reading your blog, especially after reading your Bio from the Blogazine last night, brings a tear to my eye. You and Bud are very lucky to have each other.
    Your photos are beautiful. The single rose shot is my favorite, so pretty.
    As for the NC man, I guess he choice the right store to try passing off the bill. You definitely never know what will happen at Wallyworld.
    Enjoy your day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy, Happy Birthday my friend, so glad you are part of the world. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Ann, gorgeous photos and of course the words to the song are so romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Anni! I stopped over from Squirrelqueen's blog. I just love the song you chose for today! It's always been a favorite of mine. :) Hope you have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday dear Anni!! I hope you're having a wonderful day celebrating YOU! You don't look a day over 40:-)

    I've always loved this song and remember playing it over and over again after I had bought the cassette tape of it. The pictures you posted to go with the lyrics are perfect and look at you in that last picture...lady in red indeed:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anni all that red and that song are nice. That story on the other hand including the comments (especially about Walmart) was priceless! Thanks for stopping by my site and leaving such nice thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you had a super-happy birthday, Anni. Somehow I suspect you did, and as I post this at 6:45 Thursday evening, you're probably still having a happy birthday.
    Enjoyed your flowers and your choice of song very much.
    Luv, K

    ReplyDelete
  17. GORGEOUS photos!!! I love that you woke up on your birthday the way you deserve to wake up :) Happy Birthday, Anni!

    ReplyDelete

.