my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Walkin' in the Sunshine...sing a little sunshine song ---



I'm always showing the Gulf Waters...so I thought I'd turn around and show you what's behind us as we walk along the shore ---a 'panoramic' view of the sand dunes.

Now, on with the best part of the beach [water and water fowl]....










connected to: Watery Wednesday, Outdoor Wednesday [linked button on BOTTOM of blog page]




- - -

HODGEPODGE

1. What is something you are loving right now?
Plain and simple....my LIFE. If I didn't love life, I wouldn't be here to answer the questions.

2. Paris, Venice, New York, and Rome are considered four of the most romantic cities in the world. Which one would you most like to visit?
I ♥ NYC You could spend a lifetime in that city; not leaving the city limits, and never do everything there is to do.

3. Are you a romantic?
No, I don't think so; well at least at my age now - romantics are those that live in a dream world if you want my opinion...those in love with love and the whole misconception that romance is life...they are the romantics. There is much more to life than loving love. Oh, there are still books/movies of 'love' I like to, for the lack of a better word, indulge in every once in a while. But for my own personal life, I have a lust for life as I see life in my own perspective; not romancing the fiction of some kind of fantasy that never will be.

4. What's your favorite love story made for the Big Screen? Well, now...see?---Just as I posted above in #3 ---I do indulge in a good love story once in a while. You'd think my first thought should be Gone With the Wind...but in all rights, it's really not much of a 'love story' now, is it? More historical war story and of survival. So, I would have to say it'd be a toss up between two. My favorite[s] would be THE WAY WE WERE...starring Robert Redford and Barbra Streisand. The story is good, but oh the music!!! And the other one would definitely be the newer version of PHANTOM OF THE OPERA...again, it's the music!!! [tho, to be honest, I really 'got into' this story of the unreachable love that Phantom suffered through, through the book, long before the musical or the movie].

5. Everyone loves Pooh bear and friends...which character are you most like and why? Click here for help in answering this question. I would have posted that my favorite character is Eeyore and that I'd definitely be him...I love the guy.
    Eeyore: End of the road... nothing to do... and no hope of things getting better. Sounds like Saturday night at my house.
But after taking the quiz, I guess I can't be my favorite...instead...this is who I'd be. The issue of the matter is...Bud would agree...he says I DO talk too much---I don't know why...

    Owl: [frustrated] No, no, no! I'm not catching a cold! The word is ISSUE, not AH-CHOO! And 'ah-choo' isn't even a word! It's just some sort of sneezy sound, like 'Ah-choo!'

6. What's the best chocolate something you've ever eaten? TURTLES...those ooey gooey caramel, pecan and chocolate creatures....YUM

7. Share a favorite quote about love. Paul Newman once said of his wife, Joann Woodward, when asked if he's ever had love affairs with his co-stars...his response was: "Why go out for hamburger when you've got steak at home?". I really liked hearing this at the time. And another 'love' quote I like is found at the top of my blog just under the blog header. See above.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Tomorrow is my birthday...and I'm not one of those that shies away from divulging my age, 'cause I'm proud to be the age I am....I'll be 23.....63. Anyway, I won't be online much tomorrow for planned stuff on our itinerary, but I do have a Thursday Theme Song and my usual 'trash talk' pre-scheduled. :o) With the Hodgepodge theme this week being love....I chose the song this week, that Bud LOVES. So, come back in the a.m. tomorrow and see/hear one of his favorite "Love" songs.




connected to: Wednesday Hodgepodge [linked button found at BOTTOM of blog page]

53 comments :

  1. Loved reading about your likes & loves! We are the same age...within a few months anyway. My birthday is May 31, and I will also be 63...happy birthday! As usual, your post is an enjoyable read, and the photos are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good song for today! I like the pictures that go with it as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mari....tomorrow I'll post my song for the week :o)

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday!! I love the song walking on sunshine, now that it's in my head I will probably sing it all day long and my favorite movie is the way we were!!!!!!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phantom is one of my favorites too, definitely my favorite Broadway show but I thought they did a great job with the movie too.

    I love NY but since I live here I chose another. To me NY is all about energy as opposed to romance. Not that it isn't romantic-I had a wonderfully romantic 50th birthday weekend there a couple of years ago, but what I love most about that city is its energy.

    Happy Birthday to you! Enjoy your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures! Like that song also :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have been to NY only once and could definitely go back and have a blast. Love the city--could spend so much time there!
    Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never been to NYC, and it intimidates me to think of it. But everyone loves to visit, so I must do it someday. Sure would not want to live there.

    I was thinking I was more older than you than I am - does that make sense? I know it's a terrible grammatical sentence, but, oh well!

    I love that quote about Paul Newman - classy guy he was.

    I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite chocolate treat, being the chocoholic that I am. But it might be the Godiva chocolate I had at Union Station in DC when I was wandering around while Dwight was in training classes - now that's a city I love. Not romantic, of course, but so very interesting. Except for all the politics, of course!

    I'm afraid I'd have to say I'm Owl, too. At least everyone else would say that about me.

    I must visit Corpus in the springtime sometime - WAY before it gets hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn...so, does that 'terrible grammatical sentence' mean that I'm younger than I look? *kidding*

      Delete
  8. Nice watery shots...Hope your B.day is the bestest ever Anni...enjoy!
    BTW I love NYC too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful place and beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, it does. But I thought I remembered in times past when you mentioned your age, that I was older by far. Good - you're close, but you'll never catch me!

    As for the Marlo look-alike - it's funny that you're the only one who has answered my question about that. I guess you had to be there - it struck me the first day I met her, and the personalities are a lot alike - at least what she was like on That Girl.

    Not only sexual content but language - just such a lack of good writing. These old shows - especially MTM - such excellent writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...the language and writing abilities are so far fetched these days. Which makes me think of one that bugs me --altho, it has nothing really to do with TV. LOL And, that is the word 'too' vs. 'also'. So many times I have witnessed the over use or should I say misuse of the word too. For instance "I like that too"....when in proper grammar, it should be "I like that also". Too is used in context and construction of speech/language TOO many times; in the wrong place. LOLOLOL

      Delete
  11. Happy early birthday! Love the beach shots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday, Anni! I myself would have chosen Paris. I love the city but have only been there once. I also absolutely LOVE Parisian coffee! Have a great day... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DJan....well, that does it...Paris is off my list 'cause I don't "DO" coffee at all. {{{snort}}}

      Delete
  13. Oh my, be still my heart ... your beach pictures just took my breath away. I almost couldn't scroll down past those pictures! I don't know where exactly you are on the Gulf Coast ... but I want to come visit you!!!! ;-)

    I forgot about Turtles ... my ONE TRUE LOVE when it comes to chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy...oh me too. Those turtles, I just can't say "no" to 'em.

      Delete
  14. Oh, and I'm curious ... how did you get that baseball scoreboard on your sideboard? I am a huge baseball fan and would love to add that to my blog. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can email that to me privately if you wish ... at nanato4ts at charter dot net. ;-)

      Delete
    2. Kathy....I just answered over at your blog comments. But if you are confused, let me know...I'll be more than happy to help.

      Delete
    3. 63! Oh chuckle. You are so young! No wonder you don't shy away from telling your age. Young! Young! Young! And Happy Birthday, my Dear Young One. :-)

      In not too long, I too shall have a Birthday. And it will be 75. Now THAT's a number, to hoot about sharing! -giggles-

      Haven't yet taken the "Pooh character" quiz. But I do love "Pooh" himself. I love his "Oh bother"... ,-) And wish I could learn to say that, instead of what usually springs off my tongue, when something messes up. LOL.

      Have a lovely Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      "Successful marriage
      is leading innovative lives together,
      being open, non-programed.
      It's a free fall: how you handle
      each new thing as it comes along."


      ~Joseph Campbell

      Delete
    4. Anni, I got the link to work. It was exactly as I expected ... except I'm missing the lines about the Cardinals being the W S Champs ... which is, for this Cardinals fan, the best part of that! ;-)

      Delete
  15. -heh- See that. First time I try to comment here, I can not comment ON MY OWN. Only as a Reply to someelse's comment.

    But now, this is the 2nd time I am trying.... And betcha' it will show, as a separate comment. All my own.

    Dang it! I wish Blogger would FIX these ISSUES! And not make people, have to come back a 2nd time, in order to comment, as themselves.

    Grrrrrrrrrrr Blogger.......

    "Successful marriage
    is leading innovative lives together,
    being open, non-programed.
    It's a free fall: how you handle
    each new thing as it comes along."


    ~Joseph Campbell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're too funny. Thing is, no matter where you comment lies...I get to read it. That's what counts.

      Delete
  16. Have a happy day tomorrow. (And today!) Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday! And I love your pictures of the beach (as I watch the snow fall here lol). Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful day celebrating!
    I enjoyed your answer about romantics.
    I do love the ocean though we don't get to visit very often. Last time was after a trip to Disneyland about 6 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your pictures. They are beautiful! I am so glad you stopped over by me, love meeting new friends. I am your newest follower, I will definitely be back. Just curious, I have the coding to make your pictures show copyright alert if someone right clicks on them to save them, would you like it. I just have it on file then copy and paste at the bottom of my post. I noticed on your photo blog you have them with a watermark which works, but did not see anything on this post. Just shoot me an email or post on my comments if you would like it. Can't wait to come back and look around more. Hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow!
    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nel....Ya, my images today have watermarks on them. Just enlarge them and you'll see. Thanks for the info, and thanks for becoming a follower. I appreciate and enjoy meeting other bloggers and becoming friends.

      Delete
  20. Well, now, I'd say walking on the beach with Bud, holding hands is romantic.
    Walking in the Sunshine: I sing that to Smokey all the time, changing the word walking to laying which he does. No sun today, though.
    Happy, Happy Birthday! I'll be 63 this year, also.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  21. I enjoyed reading your hodgepodge today and I also love those Turtles.
    I agree that you should love life.
    Happy Birthday to you on Thursday. It is my niece's birthday also.
    I got a couple of years on you. That makes you my babyblogsister.LOL
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon....I'm a baby blogster....I LIKE that. BTW, if you know by now, which you probably do already, I have a sister named Sharon, so I'm a baby sister and blogster. Cool, huh?

      Delete
  22. Thanks for dropping by I like the hodge podge Cheers Don.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Enjoyed this post. I love the beach. Pooh Bear, of course, is my favorite, and my favorite chocolate is turtles, yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Ms. Anni
    My assistant had to take my Grandmapeep to the dr. today we are soooooooo late. You KNOW how much Mom loves your beachy pics!!
    She wants to get her toes in the sand big time.
    SOMEone has a big day tomorrow...MOL We're just sayin'
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Anni
    I did not know that you had a sister named Sharon. I also have 2sils with that name I am #3 That is how my mil used to call us when we were all together. I am the baby of the bunch there.
    I got that recipe from Vicki @ Homespunsimplicity. It is so good.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  26. I hope you have a wonderful birthday! And we moved here to Idaho from Pensacola, FL - your gulf shores pictures made me miss those sandy white beaches! Sigh... not a whole lot of warm beach here in idaho!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Birthday, Anni! I hope you have a great day. I love your beach and shorebird photos. Happy Watery Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  28. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANNI!!!!!! I have found two things we have in common. My birthday is next month and you and I are both the same age! And I LOVE the Phantom Of The Opera!!! The newest one...and I have the C.D., I love the music in the musical.

    ReplyDelete
  29. those vaders look so small beside that gull. Great watery shots Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous pictures of the Gulf! Would love to be there myself! I'm a huge turtles fan, too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy Early Birthday! And you are never too old for romance!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Eeyore is my favorite too! Someone's gotta love him, right?

    ReplyDelete
  33. Did I just read you correctly...Gone With the Wind is not a romance??? Hey now...don't be dogging the Rhett/Scarlett thing. Have you read the follow-up book? Oh my...DEFINITELY a romance!!!!

    BTW, happy early birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the photos, Anni. The beach is always so relaxing. Wish we lived closer. Our closest is Lake Erie. I love the ocean but it's a long way to go to see it.

    Loved Gone With the Wind but like you say, it's more historic. The Way We Were was an awesome movie.

    Thanks for dropping by the Writing Nook and commenting on my post. Hope you and Bud are well.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  35. Interesting #3 answer. Happy Birthday to you - 63 and going strong. I like you view of life as well.

    ReplyDelete
  36. New follower from the hop, hope you come by and follow!! Great Photos

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very entertaining read.... and I hope you had a very Happy Birthday.... and I am a bit older than you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your beach photos are wonderful. My favorite is the last one; so much character in those quirky birds...

    ReplyDelete

.