“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Orient Express?

Recently I purchased new shower curtains and shower liner for our hallway bathroom. Colors mingling with ruby rose, vanilla cream and gold and green...
Tina, at Picstory, would like to see ideas with the letter *B* this week...

"B" is for Black. I not only like to wear a lot of black [sweaters and sweats in winter to black slacks, capri pants, leotards, jeans...in summer; yes, I still continue to wear some black, sleeveless blouses, tank tops and shorts]. I also like black for decorating. In fact our hallway bath [two separate rooms for shower and lavatory] is in black. Mixed with black painted walls and brocaded gold and flocked wallpaper... The two rooms are Black, gold, red, and touches of the Orient.




ceramic panda and silk scarf that was framed [geisha girl]


Some of Bud's Oriental figurines from overseas when in Navy


New shower curtains and blackened bronze HoTei with redstone mini-Buddhas





connected to: Ruby Tuesday2 and Picstory [linked buttons on BOTTOM of blog page]

20 comments :

  1. Such interesting features in your home! I imagine black red and gold scattered around would create quite a dramatic atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a collection! Loved the photo of the ceramic panda and the geisha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics I love the last one, I am now off to look up Ho Tei. Have a good week. XXX Don

    My Ruby Tuesday 2 pics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ascu75....here is a good description of a HoTei: HOTEI

      Delete
  4. Hi! Miss Annie! Bud's oriental figurines are very interesting. But I gotta say I love the Panda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somebody has rubbed that Buddha's belly for luck a whole lotta times! I would LOVE to see your black bathroom, BTW. Sounds intriguing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The curtain is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome panda bear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anni,
    You should consider a 2nd career as a decorator. We love your description of your new decor. Red, white and black outlines are NCSU colors...Go PACK,
    Hugs Madi

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lot of Bs in your home.
    Have a nice evening

    ReplyDelete
  10. Most of what I wear is also in black:-) I'm loving your new shower curtains and I need to go over there to look at Bud's oriental collection, it looks to be quite interesting!! As for the Panda...adorable:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, very elegant! I am always interested in things Oriental as our granddaughter is Chinese, and two of our great nieces.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now I feel like I took a trip on the Orient Express. Which was one of my favorite Agatha Christie stories. Love the buddhas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anni, I also like black and really love the panda. Enjoyed visiting your home through cyberspace.

    Hope you and Bud are doing well.

    Blessings, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. PS. Come over to my Writing Nook. It's Black History Month in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for joining us with your nice black B´s :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Black is the colour of my kittens!

    Cheers from Cottage Country!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool and interesting photos.. Like that scarf..

    Visiting for RT 2- hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2012/02/caterpillar-stuff-toy.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful red pictures especially the buddha :-) Visiting from Ruby Tuesdays 2, hope that you can return the visit too.

    http://www.adventurousjessy.com/2012/02/thank-you-mommy-ruby.html

    ReplyDelete

.