my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


...here, on Gilligan's Isle!!!




PHOTO CREDITS: 1] Port Aransas Yacht Marina, 2] Before the Hurricane - Whitecap Beach...posted before, September 2008 [click here], 3] Yacht "Minnow" [I 'x'd out the name "miss lilly" and changed it to Minnow.] 4] Cactus near beach [posted before...click here], 5] "first mate"...me and "skipper"...Bud aboard Elissa [also posted before -click here] -and last one 6] An Osprey Eagle that is always in the same area on the way to North Padre Island...along the causeway. I pulled over and stuck the camera out the car window...enlarge....he was WATCHING ME!! We dubbed him by a name not so unfamiliar to us-------


Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
A tale of a fateful trip
That started from this tropic port


Aboard this tiny ship.

The mate was a mighty sailing man,
The skipper brave and sure.
Five passengers set sail that day
For a three hour tour, a three hour tour.

The weather started getting rough,


The tiny ship was tossed,
If not for the courage of the fearless crew
The minnow would be lost, the minnow would be lost.


The ship set ground on the shore of this uncharted desert isle


With Gilligan
The Skipper too,
The millionaire and his wife,
The movie star
The professor and Mary Ann,
Here on Gilligan's Isle.


So this is the tale of the castaways,
They're here for a long, long time,
They'll have to make the best of things,
It's an uphill climb.

The first mate and the Skipper too,


Will do their very best,
To make the others comfortable,
In the tropic island nest.

No phone, no lights no motor cars,
Not a single luxury,
Like Robinson Crusoe,
As primitive as can be.

So join us here each week my friends,
You're sure to get a smile,
From seven stranded castaways,
Here on "Gilligan's Isle."

OSPREY
"Gilligan"...we see him every time in the same area...along the JFK Causeway. We named him Gilligan!!!


Thursday Theme Song where you match lyrics to photos or visa-versa.

CONNECTING TO:



- - -


THURSDAY'S TRASH TALK

This one is truly, a humdinger......
    "The plan is bold, but it could run afoul of international treaties"


    The race for the Republican presidential nomination is about to blast off into outer space: Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich announced that, if elected, he'd establish a colony on the moon by 2020. In a speech to supporters on the Florida space coast, Gingrich called for a "grandiose" effort to colonize space. "It's the second great launch of the adventure John F. Kennedy started," said Gingrich. Gingrich opened up the possibility of the moon becoming the 51st state, something he believes could happen once a permanent settlement reaches a population of 13,000 Americans. While a 1967 United Nations document says that no one country can claim sovereignty over the moon, the U.S., Russia, and China failed to sign a more recent U.N. treaty to settle the question of who owns the moon.


Read the article in its entirety...HERE
no infringement intended



...and as always, the purpose of the trash talk section of my Thursday posts; the comments on the subject:

allenh posted: Newt...why not pitch a tent on Uranus!

David A posted: Ok...someone tell Michelle Bachmann she can come back, she is officially not the most insane candidate anymore.

_ posted [no name, just the hyphen]: Sounds about right. Cut taxes on the rich and colonize the moon. Must be that new math.

Lori C posted: The current administration might not be able to get out of D.C. for the next four years, even if they want to.

SouthSiderz posted: For many years, it was all of America laughing at the GOP. Now, thanks to Newt, it's the whole world.

NOTE: Guapo SAID THIS...I DIDN'T---

Guapo posted: The Newt is nuckin futts.


...and the last one I'll share is this:

Orang-Utan posted: Newt has finally declared himself a Space Cadet.

21 comments :

  1. Again, you made me smile, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another day, another delightful read from you, Anni! Thanks - I always count on you to make me smile, even if it is a painful smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That article was nearly unbelievable, wasn't it?

      Delete
  3. Oh I love Gilligan!!
    What a perfect song for you living by the water. Great pictures.
    I think you and B look at home on the ship.
    Hugs
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'd be nice to have a ship like that....NOT. Standing on shore looking out to the water is more my cup of tea. Being ON the water is...well, a bit too scary. Just think --- that's how Natalie Wood died; on water from a boat. Not me, thank you very much.

      Delete
  4. I love reading your blog first thing in the morning ... gets my day off with a smile.

    I love your new background, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy...your sweet words and compliments gets MY day off with a smile.

      Delete
  5. Kathy took the words right out of my mouth! Reading here in bed with a cup of tea before I start my day, and coming across a Hootin Anni post is a very reliable way to put a smile on my face! If you are uncomfortable at the helm, it sure doesn't show! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's 'cause the ship is tied to the dock!! It's not going anywhere.

      Delete
  6. Oh I love this post!! The song is perfect for your pictures. Especially the first one, it was like tuning in to watch Gilligan's Island, which was one of my favorite after school shows.

    I am with you when it comes to being out on the ocean, I can sit and listen to the waves coming in or walk along the water's edge for hours, but I am afraid of the water. It is so unpredictable. Plus I can't swim, so I know if in the water I am in over my head. lol

    Your Trash Talk stories are always so delightful. This one is definitely way out there.

    Have a Great Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't swim either. That makes two of us.

      Delete
  7. I would sure take a sailing trip with you and Bud as you sure do look so cute at the helm.
    I just wish they could help us here on earth before they go flying off into space.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now i'm even having trouble, being able to comment, as a reply to another person's comment. -sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-

      and being reduced to using husband's laptop, for the time being, which is hard for me, in itself................... I just don't know if I can comment here. -sighhhhhhhh-

      Delete
    2. Sharon...ya, that Newt article is really out there, isn't it?

      Delete
  8. What great pictures, I especially love the second one, and Mr. Gilligan! I also LOVE your Mardi Gras background!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ginny. Comments from you are always so positive...I like that.

      Delete
  9. I remember watching this show when it first aired and to this day I still love watching the reruns...gotta love Gilligan! lol You look quite dashing as the First Mate, there, Anni. hehe Loved all the pictures.

    I don't follow the American political race so I wasn't aware that Newt Gingrich had said that...well, he's made sure he'll never be elected! ROFL Good grief, what was he thinking of?!! As for the comments, I'm still rofl at the first one! LOL You always make my day when I come visit you, Anni:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwwwww, Anni=dashing!! I like that. But, I'm smiling only 'cause the ship is 'anchored' at the dock and not going anywhere fast.

      Delete
  10. Great giggles, Anni, first Gilligan and then the Newt. Wonderful photos.
    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gilligan and Newt...they do make a pair don't they? Perhaps Running mates? Y'know I think Gilligan would be a better candidate. Even the fine feathered one here in my post.

      Delete

.