my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Where's the beef? Or...can you YODEL? ---


Song: Eddy Arnold CATTLE CALL
PHOTO CREDITS: All taken at King's Ranch near Kingsville, Texas [I have a slide show that I shared on the blog [while exporting these photos, I read an update that SLIDE© will be shutting down as of March 2012, so I will be saving these photos again].

The cattle are prowlin',
The coyotes are howlin'
Way out where the doggies bawl
Where spurs are a jinglin'

And the cowboy is singin'
His lonesome cattle call


He rides in the sun

'Til his days work is done
And he rounds up the cattle each fall...


Singing his cattle call


For hours he would ride
On the range far and wide


Singing his cattle call!!

Connected to: Thursday Theme Song [linked button at top of page]


- - -


It's that time of the week. The day I 'talk trash talk'!! And this one will rattle your bones to be sure...
    HONOLULU (AP) — A Hawaii man was charged with four counts of assault after allegedly attacking a group of men with what is believed to be a cow's thighbone, police on the Big Island said Wednesday. Officers responded to a report of a brawl outside a Kailua-Kona bar on Christmas Eve and arrived to find four men with injuries from an attack. Bar patrons were holding Gregory H., 45, who witnesses told police attacked the men with the bone. "He did indicate that he did actually find it in pastureland here in the Kona area," Lt. Gerald W. said Wednesday. The weapon was recovered at the scene and taken as evidence. Police are sure it's a bone from a large animal and are trying to determine with certainty that it's from a cow.

And...now, for the comments. Of course these are typically hilarious, there's no "bones" about it:

georgie corgi posted: I find this story awfully humerus.

Allank posted: BAN BONES! How many more people have to be assaulted before these are taken out of criminal hands?

mouthpiecer posted: Udderly amazing story.

Chris posted: Seems like they are trying to milk this story.

Billy posted: COWardly act

richard posted: "where's the beef?!"

Tim posted: When that dude wakes up from his alcohol induced "blackout"...he's gonna have a cow when he finds out what all he's being charged with.

[Anni says: not only his/her comment below, but I LOVE the nickname!!]

Mush Limpballs posted: I wonder what this guy's beef was?


...and I have to put my two cents in this time. I'm wondering....

Anni's posting: JUST WHAT IS THE MARROW OF THIS STORY?

okay, okay...well, never mind, I thought I was quite funny. roflmao


- - -

Article found on Yah00 News. In it's entirety, read here
no copyright infringement intended

17 comments :

  1. O.k., I love these segments you do. You would give Jay Leno a run for his money, it is funnier than Headlines that he does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, you made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonder if he had a license for a concealed bone? Those comments are funny and so it that nickname.

    Yep, I read Forever Amber way back when. It and Tom Jones were both considered rather "naughty" at the time so being a typical high school student I read them both. By today's standards they are of course very tame. Hope you enjoy FA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never know what you are going to find in the news! Love those comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos. I like the boots shot. I wonder if those spurs jingle as he walks? (Like the cowboys in the old western movies). I sure wouldn't want to make those cows mad, those horns look dangerous. I've been butted by a cow or two, even when they are just playing or nudging you for food, they are strong animals. I can just imagine what they could do with those horns.
    Love the bone story... you always find interesting stories. I guess the attacker had a BONE to pick with those four men! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to love to watch westerns on TV as a child...this song is a blast from the past for me! Thanks for the fond memory Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are SICK! In a good way, though. I laughed mostly at the comments, even yours, Anni. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the "Ban bones!" one. A jibe, at a sooooooo typical public mind set.

    “Anne came dancing home
    in the purple winter twilight
    across the snowy places.”

    ~L.M. Montgomery, "Anne of Green Gables"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Liebe Anni,

    die Stiefel wären etwas für mich....und die Musik *g*

    GLG Marianne ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. MOL MS. ANNI WHEN THE YODELING BEGAN MOM CACKLED OUT LOUD!!! Excellent post and song. My peeps are members of the NC Preservation Society of B Western Movies. They go to cowboy movies the 3rd Thursday of each month.

    LET ME JUST SAY MOM HAS HAD A BEAR OF A TIME WITH OUR BLOG TODAY. She got lots of message about Blogger not being supported by our browser told us to change to Google Chrome which we did and now we have the upgraded blogger interface which is 200% different from what we were used to. After all of that she finally got on our blog and can read comments. The only problem is she isn't sure how she got here. MOL. At one point she thought this would be the end of blogging. Mom is not at all technical.
    Hugs Madi

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember this song in the 50s, Anni. Is this Slim Whitman or Eddy Arnold? I think the recording I remember was Eddy Arnold, but this version is a bit faster than his, so maybe this is Slim Whitman?
    Anyway, I remember both singers, and definitely remember this song. My mother used to whistle along with the yodeling in a quite remarkable manner. She was an amazing whistler.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the song Cattle Call. I have several CD's of true western songs. Your trash talk mooo ved me to LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kay....this is an OLD version [perhaps the 1st recording] of Eddy Arnold.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, Anni! Nice to meet you. What a fun post this was. It appears you're very creative with words. Thanks for the visit and kind remarks on my blog. I love the "Cattle Call" song. In fact that's the first one I sung for Frances after we were married. We had arrived at my Dad's for a visit and I picked up his guitar from the case and yodeling just came out... Woooo doooo woo doop dee dooo! Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just this morning I had one of my country & western cds playing and one of the songs was "Cattle Call"!! I remember as a little girl, loving when mom would play the song because she actually could yodel along with it!

    Omigosh, those comments regarding the man charged in Hawaii are hilarious. I even laughed at the one you made! LOL When I was reading the story, I thought for sure it would end up that the bone was human...glad they figure it's from a cow!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all this Texas country stuff. :))
    Eddy Arnold is another that does a mean Cattle Call.
    I love your POLITICAL SOAPBOX on your sidebar. Awesome....I need to find something that says "everyone is entitled to their own opinions on religion and politics..."

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha, yes it is very funny thanks for sharing , a very plausa-bull story.

    ReplyDelete

.