my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


They call it Mellow Yellow....

In the summertime, when all the trees and leaves are green...and the lantana blossoms sing; attracting butterflies---




Then, comes Autumn and early Winter to only become berry-laden and attracting the state bird...the mockingbird!! Not to come across as a braggart, but I love how this next photo turned out, it's like the berries are magically floating in air!!






connected to: Macro Monday and Mellow Yellow Monday [linked buttons at top of blog page]
ALSO LINKING TO:
studio waterstone





- - -


MONDAY MORSELS

I stand on my podium once again...
[keep in mind, this is MY OPINION only]




In the past few months, I've noticed on blogger's sidebars that they are a member of Pinterest. Then, a blogging buddy, Pea, at Pea's Corner had a great Valentine Post about all kinds of fabulous ideas for decorating for Valentine's Day that she found through Pinterest. And if you've visited with me often enough, you know I love to decorate the house for any holiday....and most ALL holidays. Anyway, I found her blog post so very interesting, I thought..."why not?". Let's get the ball rolling, and join in on the fun of pinning ideas and sharing what I find in other accounts and over the internet - or sharing personal ideas. I then, went to the website...and on the page, I added my email account address and clicked "Join"....only to receive an email to inform me that I was put on a waiting list?!! Ummmmm, right there is a clue to the fact that something is probably amiss. Strike one. Hmmmmm. I wondered just what gives? Why a waiting list? And the email was signed "Ben"? Not that Ben is a stigma against the social site, it's just that 9 times out of 10 when a man 'owns and operates' something such a this and others like Twitter and Facebook, it's to get information about you, and sell it to a 3rd party for profit....thus, invading your privacy. Strike two. Next thing I knew, I received another email the very next day informing me I 'was in'...now a member. The way to log in was by using my FACEBOOK account log in information. Or, if I choose to do so, use my TWITTER account. In other words you need to have a FB account [or Twitter] to use as your login information? Why not just set up a separate account through your email?!! Three strikes!!! You're out. I have no interest, or pressing need, for ANY site online that would use my information, to track my online activities or sell my personal information for profiteering. Further, I did some research, and found this site about the privacy issues with Pinterest. ---Also, the founders so to speak are "COLD BREW LABS"?!!!

PINTEREST Privacy Policy Page --read and learn what you are giving them permission to use before you sign up as a member and begin 'pinning'!!

ABOUT PINTEREST

- - - At their etiquette site, I read this that they have posted:
    Pinterest is designed to curate and share things you love. If there is a photo or project you’re proud of, pin away! However, try not to use Pinterest purely as a tool for self-promotion.
Well, ya-a-ah, think about it, they don't want you to pin about yourself continually...they want you to pin dozens of ideas/linked images, etc. from all over the internet, to get more and more information of others to 'expand their horizons' and fill their pockets on my time!!


OTHERS AGREE ---Read comments

For me, I'll just stick to the basics and go out and view without membership; thank you very much.


- - -

Also, I wanted to add a bit to expand on the previous post 'bout the blackout protest held last week regarding the bill from Congress and internet piracy. Guess they've now put it on hold. I still don't understand how the government could police the entire web for piracy. There are so many ways to get around it. I can understand the issue of copying images, songs, prose, poetry, etc. without proper credit, and/or selling something that does not belong to you, but in comparison with some site like wikipedia --isn't that just like a bibliography in a non-fiction book? And I've read books with direct quotations from published works [with footnote credits]. To me, that would be the very same thing as a website. To insure copyright issues to your blog, you can go out and register a license for your work. I did long ago. [see very bottom of my blog's attributions]


The Pinterest Logo is borrowed from home site
No infringement intended

40 comments :

  1. So these are Lantana blossoms? And the berries, too? I don't know of I've ever seen any, they did turn out beautifully! As for Pinterest, after reading this, I will stay away as far as I can, thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Lantana blossoms, and the berries shot is so crisp and clear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there - I have just returned from the wild, woolly and less that wonderful world of wireless only internet - so now I'm catching up.

    Great set of pictures – what a splash of colour.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Australia

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just a fabulous wealth of information! Thanks for the info, and the gorgeous photos! I think you have earned braggin' rights! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blue sky looks amazing in the 2nd shot.

    As for Pin interest.... I do kind of agree but then I also have the same issue with the horror that is blogger and their need to try and force all people commenting on their blogs to do so through their google account. Grrrr!

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm, I'm not sure I understand your on the 'Google Account'....'cause I have it set up thru the Blogger Admin/Edit/Settings page where ANYONE CAN COMMENT and ANYONE CAN READ my blog.

      Delete
  6. I have this beautiful flower just outside my house here in Spain and they are blooming just now!
    Great shot of the berries Anni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love their minty fragrance!!

      Delete
  7. What beautiful flowers! I wish we could enjoy them up here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't call that bragging—those shots are great, and I especially love the berries. Pinterest is my new fave way to kill time—but strictly as an observer. I didn't join either, for exactly the reasons you articulate here so well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen a few references to Pinterest, but I've not followed up, since I spend way too much time with the computer as it is. Now you have released me. I do love your pictures, Anni.

    I heard that all the websites of the Congressional leaders who sponsored those internet censorship bills had pirated images on them! Hahahaha! Pot calling the kettle black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness...that IS a hoot. I've not heard about those pirated images on their own websites. "Do as I say...not as I do" kinda thing. Go figure.

      Delete
  10. Such a beautiful set of pictures!
    I like your new blogdesign also :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. -sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh-

    Having troubles commenting here, with the new Comment Think installed.

    Had to leave and come back again, to find comment box working.

    Will all your Readers do that?

    -sigh-

    If I'm the only one, never mind. And you want the new comment thing anyway. Another never mind.

    But let me tell you, I could not use the new comment thing. I tried to do so, when I could not leave my own new comment. No work.

    I fear the kinks aren't out yet. Come on Blogger... Get with it!

    Oh the berries photo is a fantastic showing of the "bokah" effect or whatever it's called! JUST fantastic! I HAD to get to comment that, because I SOOOOOOO appreciate such a photo.

    Oh and me too! Didn't go for that new Pine-whatever. Gee, if I find a pretty pic, I put it on my blog. Why go to a separate place? Who has the time to look at all their blogging friends Pine-whatever pages?????????????

    Yes, this is *grumbly* Ol' Auntie! -grumble, grumble, grumble- lol.

    .♥.
    'And what are you reading, Miss-?'
    'Oh! it is only a novel!' replies
    the young lady ...
    with affected indifference.

    ~Jane Austen
    .♥.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I've been working on getting the comment thread to work 'cause I like it. I so agree with you on the pinterest and pinning photos, now that you mention it...post it on a blog and then...furrrrget 'bout it.

      Delete
  12. Oh I do so love Lantanas for many reasons. Variety of colors, longevity and hummers and butterflies love them.
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do love the photos of the Lantanas. I also don't really trust to many other sites.. I have troubles enough with what I do!!!
    I will just stick to blogging with friends.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely lantanas. Have a fabulous week.

    Liz @ MLC
    Liz @ MCN

    ReplyDelete
  15. You remind us that it is important to be careful of the internet. I like the Lantana, it reminds me of growing up in Southern California. It grows here, too, but freezes back in the winter. So far mine is just limping along.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We can never be to careful on the internet, lots of scammers out there. As for the lantana, I didn't realize they had berries.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh i always like it...Happy MYM!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful pics, Anni...I've always liked lantana.

    Good info on Pinterest...I think it's good to be a little cautious with many of these sites.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Marvelous photos of your lantanas and berries.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like those flowers Anni so beautiful. Mine is up MM!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love these Lantanas flowers. We have a tiny bush of them standing by my kitchen window. Thanks for telling about the Pinterest! Happy MYM!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the Lantana a lot-and so do the butterflies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the useful info about Pinterest... a few folks have mentioned it to me but after reading your post... I too will not bother! Your macros are gorgeous... especially the berries with their sharply focused glossy beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anni, that is so strange that you would have had to go through your FB or Twitter account to get to Pinterest...I don't have to do that at all and was never told to do that. As for being put on the waiting list, another thing that never happened to me! lol Never heard from "Ben" either. So very weird. I just love going on there for the ideas:-)

    Your macro shots of the flowers and berries are amazing!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful color and details in this macro, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I was also on my way to join Pinterest, but stopped for the same reasons that you did.
    Wondful flowers and berries you've captured.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I tried to leave a comment here the other day but blogger or my server was having any of it. :)
    Love the Lantana blossoms! I keep saying every year I will get some and maybe this will really be the year.
    My complaint against Pinterest is anyone can take one of my photos without my permission and 'pin it'. Not sure I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The lantanas here are always blooming because of our tropical heat, I just love those mix coloured lantanas.

    ReplyDelete
  30. very beautiful flowers, like it :-) Visiting from MYM, hope that you can return the visit too.

    http://www.mommies2ks.com/2012/01/invited-for-a-birthday-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  31. These have become a favorite of mine to grow. I don't recall seeing the berries on mine though in the fall. Perhaps this year I will take a closer look. Your photo's were wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  32. May be the weather here in New Zealand and malaysia is hot, we call them chicken shit flower.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Widzę, że na tym blogu jest sporo ciekawych informacji, dziękuję. Kwiatki te znam i podobają mi się, bo są kolorowe. Zdjęcia kwiatów i i ich owoców bardzo ładne. Pozdrawiam. *** I see that on this blog is a lot of interesting information, thank you. These flowers, and I know I like, because they are colorful. Photos of flowers and fruit and very nice. Yours.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fantastic flower photos! You may consider joining my Floral Friday Fotos meme with your blooming beauties:

    http://floralfridayfoto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. awwwwww...really pretty! I love those flowers but not their smell!

    ReplyDelete
  36. And those blossoms do sing...love the multicolored blooms!

    ReplyDelete

.