“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Scotty...beam me up...errrr, down.

Where My Heart Will Take Me [aka Faith of the Heart]
From Star Trek Enterpise
this version is recorded by R0D Stewart [his lyrics are a bit 'off' the original, but I like his voice better...hehehehe]
http://www.youtube.com/v/iXx3hgBvako

Tho it's a theme from the movie Star Trek Enterprise, for me...it's almost spiritual!!


PHOTO CREDITS: Just different hearts found around the house - mainly jewelry, a heart bean drift seed, and the Queen of Hearts image is a photo of what's in the movie version book...alice in wonderland.


Lyrics:
It's been a long road, getting from there to here.
It's been a long time, but my time is finally near.
And I can feel the change in the wind right now. Nothing's in my way.
And they're not gonna hold me down no more, no they're not gonna hold me down.

Cause I've got faith of the heart.


I'm going where my heart will take me.
I've got faith to believe. I can do anything.
I've got strength of the soul. And no one's gonna bend or break me.
I can reach any star. I've got faith, faith of the heart.


It's been a long night. Trying to find my way.
Been through the darkness. Now I finally have my day.
And I will see my dream come alive at last. I will touch the sky.
And they're not gonna hold me down no more, no they're not gonna change my mind.

Cause I've got faith of the heart.


I'm going where my heart will take me.
I've got faith to believe. I can do anything.
I've got strength of the soul. And no one's gonna bend or break me.
I can reach any star. I've got faith, faith of the heart.


I've known the wind so cold, I've seen the darkest days.
But now the winds I feel, are only winds of change.
I've been through the fire and I've been through the rain.
But I'll be fine ...

Cause I've got faith of the heart.


I'm going where my heart will take me.
I've got faith to believe. I can do anything.
I've got strength of the soul. And no one's gonna bend or break me.
I can reach any star. I've got faith, I've got faith...faith of the heart.


Cause I've got faith of the heart.


I'm going where my heart will take me.
I've got faith to believe. I can do anything.
I've got strength of the soul. And no one's gonna bend or break me.
I can reach any star. I've got faith, faith of the heart.



....It's been a long road---


connected to: Thursday Theme Song where you match lyrics with your photos.
[linked button on top of blog page]



- - -






It's time for a little sharing...a little gossip over the fence in blogosphere....aka, some weekly trash talk!!
    LOS ANGELES (AP) — William Shatner's stalwart Capt. James T. Kirk died in the line of duty. Now the actor's bargain-touting Priceline Negotiator is headed heroically to his final frontier. In a new 30-second TV spot set to begin airing Monday, the Negotiator rescues panicked vacationers from a bus teetering on a bridge's railing. "Save yourselves — some money," he says, handing his cellphone to a passenger as he and the bus tumble into a dry creek bed. A violent explosion, real and computer-generated, follows. "I'm in grief mode," a droll Shatner said by phone Wednesday. "It's not the first time I've had an iconic character die off." He's been a pitchman for Priceline for 14 years, five of those as the relentless Negotiator preaching the gospel of travel bargains. But an advertising change was needed to reflect the company's broader strategy, said Christopher Soder, CEO of Priceline.com North America. "The challenge is harder to get people's attention than it used to be. ... So we decided to do something really over the top to get the message across," Soder said. The new spot will be on his company's website and, he hinted, may be part of next month's Super Bowl commercial extravaganza.


And, of course, the comments found under the article:

Sean posted: The idiots should of had him get beamed up to his ship!!! So that he could have his "ongoing mission to reach out to new customers on new planets".

Dirk posted: I guess it's better than crashing an Italian cruise ship and running away!

Edward posted: Did this idiot c e o , ever think for 1 momment people aren't traveling because of the economy,dah......

KG posted: As long as Allstate doesn't get rid of Mayhem, I'm ok. That voice is like velvet buttah...

Bob posted: Hopefully Flo from Progressive went with him!

good guy posted: Once again, Shatner ends up where no man has gone before...

Cynthia posted: Is it me, or does that lil mountain in the background look like an alien boob? Just saying! [Anni says ::you'll have to view the photo on Yah00 news...link below]


and last but not least:

Running Man posted: this is news?

For the full article, read here
no infringement intended

23 comments :

  1. thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed my visit here today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that song, I could listen to Rod Stewart all day. Your hearts are all gorgeous Anni.

    I'm not sure if killing off William Shatner is a good idea, he's the only reason I don't hit the mute key when the Priceline commercials are on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading this...and had to laugh at some of the comments at the end of the article...I used to like Flo, but have gotten tired of her...love the voice from Mayhem...but have been a little embarassed by Shatner. I always thought he was better than that! Thanks for sharing the article!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got a good collection of hearts!
    William Shatner doesn't bother me on that commercial, but I wish Flo from Progressive would go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Loving all your hearts, really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know about Shatner. He's changed so much since Kirk I don't even think of him being the same guy. But of course he is, just a whole lot older and fatter.

    I'll watch for that final commercial. it sounds pretty funny, in a weird way. Love your hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

    I can comment.

    Yikes.

    But I already commented on your last post, that I could not.

    -sigh-

    Re: your post. But do they have to blow him up?????????????

    "Deep within the winter forest,
    among the snowdrifts wide,
    you can find a magic place
    where all the fairies hide..."

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a pretty drastic end to poor ole' Mr. Shatner! I would have thought they could have come up with something a little more creative then blowing him up. Good grief! Sometimes I wonder about the writers. The Mayhem guy is still entertaining and Flo is okay but I think she needs a make over! ha!

    Love the music and all the hearts. Made me smile and have happy thoughts. Hope you didn't get the sore throat and all.

    Sunny and warm here, near 40*! ha! I feel like hanging out clothes on the clothesline!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Midlife Mom....I wish I HAD a clothesline...it's against the subdivisions 'rudiments'. I have Bud hang out a makeshift one when I do bed linens. I can't, can not, do sheets and pillow cases without having them line dried!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to thank you for your comment and I will try to un-confuse you.
    The corp office has decided to give us a few more months and see if the economy will improve in our area for construction. So I just live from day to day now and keep hoping it will not come to closing us down.
    We are kind of like the postal dept just waiting.
    I enjoyed reading your post and like the song and photos to match.
    Have a wonderful day sweet one.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great song and pictures, and love the comments on "the negotiator" Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shatner's been doing the Priceline thing for 14 years? I can't believe it's been that long!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty song and Rod Stewart is the right person to sing it. That gravely voice is so unique. I was not familiar with it but I like it!!
    I was not a Rod Stewart fan growing up but I like him now.
    Love all the heart pictures.
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like this song. Very powerful. I like alot of Rod Stewart's later stuff, they seem to be softer meaningful songs and his voice is perfect for them.

    You have some very lovely jewelry.

    I enjoyed the Priceline story. I have always liked William Shatner's commercials. I hate to see him go. It will be interesting to see what they do next.

    Like some of the others, I like the Mayhem commercials as well as the Geico Pig. Hope they stick around awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So herzig schööön und so schöne Musik.

    Herzlichst ♥ Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gotta love Rod Stewart.
    And Bill Shatner. LOL
    K

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mmmmmm I so love Rod Stewart's voice! Been a fan of his ever since I can remember! Loved all your heart pictures to go with the song lyrics, you always manage to find the perfect items:-)

    With William Shatner being Canadian, of course I've always liked everything he's been in...AHEM! lol To tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever seen his Priceline commercials, maybe they don't show them here? I do watch his show "Weird or What?" often, though. I remember people saying that he couldn't act, even in Star Trek, but hey, he's done pretty good for himself:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Ms. Anni my assistant meant to write above the leaf picture but she forgot. We are so glad you liked our post. We try to do you proud each Thursday.
    Anyway it is the leaf of a Red Bud tree...and we are lucky to have it living and thriving in our side yard. It was a volunteer tree too. In the spring, it has lavender flowers (not really red) then the beautiful heart shaped leaves are there all summer.
    Hugs Madi

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi there! I wanted to let you know that I posted the green chili quiche recipe on my blog today. Thanks for asking. It is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have never heard this song, I like it and the words, too! Your heart photos are beautiful and uplifting!!!! Last night on T.V. I heard about the commercial, too bad, he did a good job. The comments are funnier than all get out!! And I would agree to take Flo from Progressive with him. No, INSTEAD of him!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Brenda... I just went back and copied it. It's saved for future use...and it'll be sooner than later, trust me, for me to make this. It looks and sounds delectable.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think I have to agree with Running Man!

    Good pictures with the song words. I have to say I do not like Rod Stewart's voice! Makes me want to take a cough drop. To each his own, eh??

    ReplyDelete

.