my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Sign of the Times....







Spoonbill [Roseate Spoonbill]
taken several months ago [before drought]
at Indian Point Park
between Corpus Christi
and
Portland, Texas
Camera Critter












Linked to -Saturday 9: How Long
Thought I'd play along with this meme to be different---

1. Have you ever discovered a betrayal? If so, did you ask, “How long has THIS been going on”? Let's just say I've felt betrayed a few times, but I let it just fall off my shoulders. I'm sure I've betrayed others so, turn around is fair play. Y'know?

2. What is the longest line you've ever stood in? Would you do it again? Actually, in 2008...the campaign speech from Barack Obama ---in line from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.--that's when the doors opened. Would I do it again?---Depends.

3. Someone has hung a sign around your neck, and you have to wear it all day long. What does it say? In all reality, with Congress these days, I've been tempted to make a sign for myself. And it would say: I'll hug your elephant and you kiss my...donkey.

4. As the Christmas season approaches, what song is it that you just can't wait to hear? I love Christmas in Sarajevo.

5. What Christmas song do you dread to hear? Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer.

6. How often do you read the last chapter of a book first? Never

7. Do you have a favorite movie that you just love to see each year during the holidays? Polar Express

8. Do you enjoy winter in the area that you live? Yes...no snow!!!

9. At holiday I think we all show more kindness. In your opinion, is this a “concept” that has value (like money or other tangible things) or does it exist as simply emotion? Why? I ask, why just during the holidays? Should be kind ALL the time. Now THAT IS THE CONCEPT!!!



WEEKEND FUNNIES



Mother Goose and Grimm
Used with permission
According to directions for fair use, I must add link to Mike Peters's home page...LINKED HERE






courtesy of About.com -while searching Occupy W $treet signage

19 comments :

  1. Oh Anni, that pink Spoonbill is absolutely gorgeous, I want him as an ornament! lol

    ROFL love the Occupy Sesame Street funnies. There's an Occupy Sudbury group that's been staying in one of our parks and things are beginning to get ugly.

    The sign is hilarious...now that's angry! LOL xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the spoonbill but have not seen one in person!! I'm so angry I made a sign, did a very nice job of printing!
    Hugs
    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bird. I can't quite figure out this occupy stuff. I wonder if they have their Christmas shopping done?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your spoonbill picture is just gorgeous!!! I didn't know they are pink like flamingos!! I love that sign picture, so funny! Catching up on your post before this. I ADORE Target. I had been waiting years to see one when we finally got one. The first time I entered it, It was so heady that I almost fainted!!! But it would have been a good kind of faint, ha ha!! Hubby loves that popcorn, I drop him off to eat it, then he can't see how much I'm buying. I MUST have those Junior Mints!!!! We usually keep some of the regular, we both love them and so do the girls. Where did you get them???

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Spoonbill is a stunning colour, and what a nice pose for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, Anni! I love the spoonbill, they are such a pretty color. I enjoyed the weekend funnies and the occupy sign.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post Anni, your spoonbill is beautiful, such an unusual bird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beauty!
    Gorgeous photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a nice shot of this beautiful bird!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never seen one of those & never heard of one either... what a beauty, love that pink! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the OWS sign!!
    us NYers need to keep our sense of humor

    the pink beauty is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely spoonbill. And that last sign made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amen for #1 & we have the same view for #5 I hate that song! Enjoy your weekends ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  14. The spoonbill is an awesome colour!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE your sign idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your spoonbill is great. He seems to be wearing a tutu.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was an interesting post! I once stood in line to buy a washer and dryer for hours on end! Never again! Had to buy the higher priced one and eventually went elsewhere! Ha!
    I am not sure what the heck to think anymore aobut the Occupy people. My kids get hassled on campus trying to get to class. It is very frustrating. It is costing the taxpayers millions to clean up! My Uncle Tom from Baton Rouge always said the environmental groups wanted to celebrate Earth Day then the city has to fork over millions of tax dollars for the clean up! Makes no sense.
    Grateful to have a day off today! My boss is out tomorrow but we have to work. Two ladies took the day off and two of us are stuck! But I am grateful to be working! :)

    ReplyDelete

.