“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Let it snow!------

We're back home! It was an amazing, fast paced road trip, but we saw a lot of things we missed and wanted to see this time around. Holiday Traffic was a mess for the weekend, and I will write all about it in due time. We ended up in Houston, Baton Rouge, and then...down to New Orleans. So fun!!! Drove over 600 miles to buy an authentic, blessed by a voodoo priestess...voodoo doll. Talk about eccentric. LOLOL [nah, that wasn't the prime reason...but it WAS in the back of my mind all along after reading the book about Marie Laveaux]. Anyway, Bud and I are glad to be home...our kitties are following us around like 'lost pups'. It's cold here this morning...nearing the freezing mark [about 37 degrees], but after the long hot summer, I'll not complain. First thing this morning, the two of us got out our tree and decorated it. So many 'firsts' this year: no cooking, no turkey for Thanksgiving, no decorating the tree during the Cowboys football game on Thursday, BUD helped decorate the tree!!, and this year NO TINSEL on the tree. It's all done in evergreen and white for a 'change of pace'. White Santa faces, white doves, white poinsettias, white snowflakes, white icicles [and some iridescent], white lights and one HUGE clear snowflake for the treetop. I have to upload the pics from the trip/camera to the computer, re-size them. And probably put out more Christmas decorations; then I'll return to blogging with tons of photos to share. BBS.









13 comments :

  1. Fine looking tree. You both did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How have I missed so many posts, how, HOW???? My sidebar is acting up again, I guess. It takes people off for a few days once in a while. But I am caught up now! SO glad you got a good report at the doctor. LOVE the bee on the flower, and your header and background are gorgeous!! Festive without being overdone! Love your tree, it looks a bit like ours and has some of the same ornaments!!! Hey, let me know if I miss posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Das ist eine ganz, ganz wundervolle Deko, gefällt mr sehr.

    Herzlichst ♥ Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. WElcome home...sounds like you both had a nice road trip! A Voodoo doll...now that is going to be a real conversation piece! Your tree is very pretty! My four grands are coming over sat. to decorate our tree. It's a fun time for them n grandpa n grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bee-YOU-tiful! I love that tree, Anni. And the pretty silvery whiteness of it all. Excellent...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anni
    You were missed!! We're glad you had a good, safe trip. It is always go to be home.
    YOUR TREE is gorgeous. We normally put ours up the weekend after T-giving but due to my back issues we decided to wait until this weekend.
    Tomorrow I start wearing the beautiful Christmas scarf I won from you last year.
    Hugs and welcome home,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a very cool looking tree. I will have to show my wife...for ideas next year (already done for this season). Can't wait to see your voodoo doll, I can't find the last one I bought in NO and that may be a dangerous thing! Sounds like you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your images. They are incredible. Merry Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome Christmas pictures, love the look of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome Home!
    It sounds like you and Bud had a great trip. I want to hear more about the voodoo doll.

    Your tree is gorgeous Anni. Glad to hear there is no tinsel, very bad for kitties.

    Looking forward to those photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome home!!!

    What a lovely tree! Our little one is sitting there, with the bag of decorations in front of it. We must "bite the bullet" and put-'em-on.

    Hooray for a Season with different happenings. Change is good too. :-)

    Gentle hugs,
    "The orange-scented zephyrs stirred, the branches rustled, and the tinsel crackled like merry music, to which the sparkling lights danced."

    ~~E.T.A. Hoffman "The Nutcracker"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anni, glad that you had such a fun time on your trip. Your tree looks beautiful. I need to get going on mine today.

    Welcome home,
    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you really have a nack for decorating. I love your tree. We need to get going on putting ours up (slacker here). DO you do a themed color every year? I like doing something a bit different every now and again myself. Usually with changing the color. Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. I love new followers. OH btw, I also dabble in water colors, and painiting in acrylics. Would love to see some of your work.
    Janelle from deomestically seasoned.

    ReplyDelete

.