my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes

NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



the joy is in the chase not the owning of it....


Anni notes: "I seem to always go back in time with my song choices. I guess it's because the lyrics make SENSE...comparing to the songs of today's generation.


SONG BY BOBBY LIND
BUTTERFLY OF LOVE - VIDEO LINK HERE
and
LYRICS below
PHOTOS ARE FROM OUR BACK YARD one day...the elusive butterfly; captured!! There were TWO at one time, but I couldn't get 'em to cooperate much. Finally, got one of them both, but the 2nd one isn't clear. [last photo]



You might wake up some mornin'
To the sound of something moving past your window in the wind
And if you're quick enough to rise
You'll catch a fleeting glimpse of someone's fading shadow
Out on the new horizon
You may see the floating motion of a distant pair of wings

And if the sleep has left your ears
You might hear footsteps running through an open meadow

Don't be concerned, it will not harm you
It's only me pursuing somethin' I'm not sure of
Across my dreams with nets of wonder
I chase the bright elusive butterfly of love


You might have heard my footsteps
Echo softly in the distance through the canyons of your mind
I might have even called your name
As I ran searching after something to believe in
You might have seen me runnin'
Through the long-abandoned ruins of the dreams you left behind
If you remember something there
That glided past you followed close by heavy breathin'

Don't be concerned, it will not harm you
It's only me pursuing somethin' I'm not sure of
Across my dreams with nets of wonder
I chase the bright elusive butterfly of love


[Instrumental Interlude]

Across my dreams with nets of wonder
I chase the bright elusive butterfly of love...




Note: A week or two ago, I added four more monarch photos on my photo blog, Colors of the Wind. View HERE

16 comments :

  1. Gorgeous pictures of these butterflies, Anni! They look like jewels against the sky! I remember that song, and the singer, too! I had forgotten completely about it. They never play it on oldies radio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beyond awesom my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Anni, those are the most beautiful butterflies. I love your second shot with the full wing on the blue sky.

    I haven't heard this song in ages. It used to be one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard that song for a long time! Good to hear it again, and I love the pictures you ut with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. My. Goodness! Just spectacular butterflies! One of my favorite things in the whole wide world! Do you ever get the big luna ? butterflies? The big soft green ones that are HUGE? We get them around the barn as we have a dusk till dawn light that seems to attract them. They aren't as pretty as the monarchs but I enjoy them, so do the bluejays, they eat them for breakfast! :o(

    76* !!!!!!!!! I am sooooooooo jealous! That is perfect weather for me, not too hot and not too cold. We will be in the 50's today which is not too bad and our snow is all gone. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice photos and poem to go with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful butterflies and what a peaceful relaxing song!! I love it!! I haven't heard it in a while but have always loved it.
    This song and Billy Joel's River of Dreams make me stop what I'm doing to listen and sometimes dance.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice photos and blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect song to match your beautiful butterfly photos! Love your new header too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very appropriate...
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos. The butterflys are so colorful and the blue sky is the perfect background for the shots. I like the last photo with one butterfly in focus and the other slightly out of focus. Butterflies are much like humming birds when it comes to trying to capture them in photos. They are always on the move.
    The song I have not heard before, but I like listening to all kinds of music and enjoy hearing different things. And, this song fits the pictures so well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are beautiful shots of the butterflies.
    You really know how to pick a song also.
    Have a great day
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous photos for the song, Anni, and I looked at your four new Monarchs. Just gorgeous.
    Enjoyed your TTS post a lot this week. Thanks!

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous butterflies. Now I know where they all were this year...with YOU!!!! We probably had a total of 20 of them all summer. I did see one single one the other day and that was it. So sad and disappointing. Hope it is NOT the global warming. Hugs....genie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful pictures, and a great song.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great photos and color capture! I like the last one with them both. One in focus and one a silhouette. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

.