my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



Emerald Eyes... I wish....



EMERALD EYES -yacht's name
notice the satellite dish to the far left - I guess that's called the bow of the boat--for TV I'm sure. A yacht with a TV...must be one difficult life to have such a luxury when out to sea, huh? LOL Oh, and on the stern [to the right in the photo, a small wind generator?] Whoa. But, I LOVE the emerald green sails!!!
[photo taken at the marina downtown]


- - -
SPEAKING OF EMERALDS - Emerald City Just read the news of Wizard of Oz Munchkin's death...he was 93. The article I read HERE tells of how his father sold him to European "Traveling Show" because of his dwarf size....how sad.
- - -




WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE

1. What song reminds you of a specific time in your life and what is it about that song that makes you remember? I answered the phone...it was a phone call from my youngest older brother. He told me that our dad passed away. I drove to my dad's house to find my brother there pacing the floor. To make a long story short: When I finally drove home with blurred vision through my tears, I heard the song on the car's radio: "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You?" by Michael Bolton. That's just how I was feeling at the time. I had to pull off off the street into a parking lot and bawl my eyes out....and the song still reminds me of that day back in 1994 when dad left us behind.

2. What's something you've given up on? Congress as it is today. I want to vote 'em ALL out of office. If only I could rally each and every state's registered voters to follow suit.

3. What's something you'll never give up on? Freedom/Our Rights as American citizens.

4. If you had to cook something from scratch in the next hour what would it be? Right now, being this early? I'm thinking a breakfast omelet with peppers, ham chunks, cheese, onion, and salsa....with toast.

5. Have you started Christmas shopping? Decorating? Listening to Christmas music? No. Well, no in a way anyway. I'm window shopping; getting ideas. It's just the two of us so, what I send to our kids and grandkids has been purchased already. So, yes and no would have to be my answer. I guess. I always get Bud a little something special, but again...like I said, just window shopping right now. And as for music and decorating. Not yet, that is for the week after Thanksgiving for my tradition.

6. What do you know about your parent's wedding? I know what day, WHERE, and who was witness to the event. That's all.

7. I can't believe I am not gonna be cooking a Thanksgiving dinner this year. It's a FIRST for me. For over 50 years and especially 43 years of married life I've either cooked the entire meal, or prepared pies, desserts, main courses or something. Nope, not this year. And it'll be a very odd thing I'm sure.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I love humor, and I love to know sharing humor makes one smile/giggle! It's good for the soul. A local priest and a rabbi were fishing on a bank on the side of a road. They thoughtfully made a sign saying, "The End is Near! Turn yourself around now before it's too late!" and showed it to each passing car. One driver that drove by didn't appreciate the sign and shouted at them: "Leave us alone, you religious nuts!" All of a sudden the two men fishing heard a big splash. They looked each other and the priest said to the rabbi, "You think we should just put up a sign that says 'Bridge Out' instead?"

And a secondly:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away...








    photo taken 1/1/11
    Luby Park Beach Access
    Mustang Island, Texas

    Sea Gull silhouette



29 comments :

  1. Anni, Love your quote for the day and the photo that goes with it.

    Thanks for fixing my blog so I can change the template. I appreciate you doing that for me.

    Wishing you and Bud a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed as always. The color of that boat is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boat is beautiful, and it has the perfect name! I just love the color. And did you take this last picture? Wow, it should be on the cover of a book of inspirations. I hope you can relax and enjoy not having to cook on Thanksgiving, it will be a luxury!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be cooking this year but we usually go to my dad's. So it's going to be interesting here too. LOL We have a wedding to attend on the Saturday after Thanksgiving so we have to stay home. Christmas shopping? What's that? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sailboat!!!
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Green boat? It would match my color if I sailed on her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought for sure that last picture was a skydiver! Thanks for all the fun today Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful yacht...I, too, love the green.

    I have too many songs that remind me of something..
    I've pretty much given up on our congress, too...it is just plain PITIFUL.
    I'll never give up on making my family as happy as I can.
    I just finished making cornbread.
    I am just about finished with my Christmas shopping..YAY
    My mom and dad were married by the JP in Dallas in 1933 with my aunt and uncle as witnesses.
    I can't believe I am letting my daughter and daughter in law help me with cooking Thanksgiving dinner..I generally do it myself but...hey...I'm getting olden and time for a little help. :))

    Come by for my giveaway...I think you will like it. :)
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like this yacht is pretty fancy! And I think the owner don't want to missed his/her favorite tv show ^_^


    Watery Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous seagull photo, Anni. I love it.
    And, I could be wrong, because I haven't seen the Emerald Eyes under sail, but maybe just the sailcover is green? Just a thought. Really like the bridge-out joke so I'm sending it to my husband, who will probably put it on Facebook. (My Watery post is a bridge today.)
    Any music by Glenn Miller or Louis Armstrong reminds me of my parents. It is two years this month since Dad died. I'm so glad I was with him. I'm also grateful to have been with my mother for the last week of her life. I never thought I would want to be there but, when it came to it, I realized I didn't want to be anywhere else.

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is that the door in the clouds that opens into Heaven? It certainly looks that way. Gorgeous shot. genie

    ReplyDelete
  12. cool photo...I'm with you on bootin' them all out and starting over...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree! And your photograph of the clouds and bird does take my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...the boat with the modern facilities...
    Great find and shot, Anni...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Me again. Just came back for a look at that seagull photo one more time before I go to bed. It is SO lovely.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always enjoy reading your answers, Anni. Enjoy your rest from cooking for the Thanksgiving Day meal. You've earned it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Funny, if I had a boat like that, and was out at sea, watching TV would be the last thing I would do!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is a lovely boat. Our passion is camping but we removed the tv that came with our little Roadtrek. We don't go camping to watch tv.
    Your #1 comment makes me think of my father as well. I don't recall the name of the piece of classical music, it was the theme of the noontime radio program on the classical station my dad listened too. Whenever I hear it I am instantly transported to my childhood home, the light streaming through the window and I'm having lunch with my father.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both wonderful shots... the emerald green yacht might be a little much for me, but it is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. She's a beauty.

    I played too. Mine is here.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What Gorgeous pictures... the sky picture is absolutely breathtaking. I hardly noticed the seagull. I enjoyed learning more about you in your Q&A. I've cooked T-giving for the last 20 years. Up until them My mother in law cooked for us and my parents and bil. This year I have my parents and hopefully my daughter and sil. SIL caught a nasty cold hopefully it will be over by next week. My mom has a compromised immune system and cannot knowingly expose herself.
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving and that you can enjoy it even though you are not cooking for it. It must be difficult for you, but don't look at it as an "odd" experience, more of a "new and fantastically wonderful to be waited on" experience!

    Blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great shot of the boat oh the life must be rough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Are you going to be eating Thanksgiving dinner? I hope so! Not cooking the meal isn't such a bad thing...I've had a few breaks thru the years but I have to say it is one meal I enjoy preparing, especially now that my girls are older. They love to cook and the three of us have a lot of fun spending the day in the kitchen. Hope your Thanksgiving is a happy one!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ahhhh....that emerald sailboat captures my heart! I miss sailing!!!
    And your random thoughts...well, we definitely agree on 2 and 3. And 8 gave me a much needed chuckle! Enjoy your non-cooking Thanksgiving. (I cannot imagine that, but my time is coming, too)
    Jane (artfullygraced)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh what a gorgeous sailboat, I love the green!! Can't believe they even have a satellite dish, though! lol Talk about traveling in style:-)

    It brought a lump to my throat when I read about which song affected you and why. I've given up on politics a long time ago! lol They're all idiots, it doesn't matter who's in there. Just call me when that omelet is ready:-) You won't be cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year and I won't be cooking Christmas dinner...a first for me too!! Going to Corey's for Christmas:-)

    That joke is so cute, had me giggling. LOVE the picture and the quote! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

.