my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Early morn in September...









End of Outdoor/Watery/Wordless Wednesday - what follows is another meme that will be my first attempt ----WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE.



*- *-* -*

HODGEPODGE [link on sidebar]



1. What's your favorite meal to serve on a chilly autumn evening?
    I'd have to say any kind of hot, bubbly, soup. From Ham and Split Pea to a spicy chili con carne. Oh, and my favorite side dish with the chili would be a huge tossed salad AND to accompany it it wouldn't be crackers but......a warm, fresh cinnamon roll. The cinnamon compliments the spicy chili so well!!! Try it.

2. Are you a creature of habit? Explain.
    Probably. If you ask family members, but to surprise them...I'll take a wrong turn on purpose just to bum-fuzzle 'em good!!

3. What food product (no longer available) do you remember and miss from days gone by?
    Y'know, this time of year it's caramel apple season...and long ago, the grocery stores had 'daffied' apples. They were delicious. The red sweet candy coating...caramel like but tasting more like red licorice and the red candy coating was then dipped and covered in crushed dried, crunchy, sugared oats. Now all I see is the same red caramel apples but all are covered with peanuts instead...what happened?!!!

4. What's something you've lost that you've never been able to find? Any theories as to what happened?
    My mind!! Theories: Having kids!!!

5. Zoo~circus~carnival...your favorite?
    Zoo! Most definitely. Circuses are too repetitive. I can go to a circus in 2011 and the show/shows are still the same ol' same ol' that was on the venue when I was a kid some 50 years ago. Carnivals...nah. Too commercialized.

6. What song makes you feel instantly happy?
    From Risky Business..."GIMME THAT OLD TIME ROCK AND ROLL"

7. To what extent are you an argumentative person?
    That depends on who you ask. If it were me you want a response from then, I'd say I don't argue. There is a right way a wrong way and Anni's way. So why argue...just prove myself right.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
    The past week or so, I've been craving this on the menu and tried to replicate it at home...nada, zilch, nothing. It did nothing to satiate my 'hunger/craving' ---Right about now, I'd give both my ovaries for a McDonald's Fish Filet Sandwich and Fries...supersize it. What the heck. Thing is....I have no ovaries left to trade!!

26 comments :

  1. Beautiful, beautiful pictures! My favorite is the next to last, you even caught a bird flying past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey anni! how are you??? beautiful pictures you've posted for our viewing pleasure. i read below you're nice and busy, love the little kitty kats on top here...
    life's been good this side, still drumming and having fun, and at the moment we're in a re-decorating and revamping phase at home, fixing and painting etc etc etc, you know the drill...
    so, just a quick 'hi', 'how ya doin', 'hope you're well' and 'see ya soon'!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sunrise captures, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sunrise at the beach.

    Happy WW!

    ~EdT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous shots Anni...love the way the water meets the sky!
    Best wishes to your Son on his persuit to continue his education...Kudos to him!
    FYI on your #8 random thought...I had that exact thing this past Sunday! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those seashore photos are fantastic! Would love to sit on the shore and simply relax!!! Ok, I'll go have a fish filet for lunch today as I go from one site to work at another at noon - and I'll think of you! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the Hodgepodge...glad you joined the fun! I will come back and visit when I have a little more time. I like 'Old Time Rock n Roll' too : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning pictures today...WOW!!

    Cinnamon roll and Chili?? Seriously? I might have to take your word on that one.
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful sunrise. a perfect way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Old time rock and roll makes me smile and laugh right out loud! I love it! Had to play it twice! Hummmmm.....now I am craving some Micky D's fries with a vanilla milkshake......it's only a couple miles away....... Great meme!

    Pictues are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, these are real dramatic skies ! but beautiful ! I love your template ! these black kittens are adorable !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous shots Anni. A great reward for being up early!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I truly enjoyed this but I really had a good laugh at #4. That is the answer I'd put down.
    We had a beautiful sunrise Monday and I just pulled off the road to look and snap a photo on the cell phone, I just have to figure out how to do that.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your photo's so beautiful. And Welcome to Hodgepodge. It was great to read through some of your responses.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely skies!

    Beautiful!

    Flamingos on the Lake, please come and see.

    ReplyDelete
  16. There's definitely nothing on earth the same as a McDonald's craving lol! I'm terrible - once I get the idea I want a sausage and egg mcmuffin there is no stopping me....droooool...... :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Anni,
    Glad you decided to play.
    Do you remember the Kraft caramels, sometimes they had one or two fudge ones in them and came with the pop sickle sticks to use with the apples. Hadn't seen those in a while until last week. Maybe they just have them in the Autumn now.

    You know that Tom Cruise still is a hottie.

    I think you should go on down to Mickey D's and buy that meal. I had an email yesterday about just that sort of thing....you only live once.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so funny! Risky Business was the first time I saw Tom Cruise. I loved that movie! Really. Love it. LOL

    Beautiful photos of the morning sky!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL...our number four was the same! Good call!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sunrises are so very special, aren't they, the promise of a new day:-) Gorgeous photos, Anni.

    It surprises me when I see the caramel apples covered in peanuts considering that now kids can't even bring anything with peanuts/nuts because of allergies that some kids have. Seems like everything has to be peanut free these days! As for my favourite meal on a cold Autumn evening...chili for me, yummmm!

    ROFL good thing you can't trade your ovaries, otherwise McDonald's might just put them up as part of their menu!!!! LOL xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am laughing at your #4. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. like your header phot. I had to count how many kittens there are.

    Sorry have not been doing the Thursday Song theme, was moving house, and internet was down.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous pictures, Anni! Just gorgeous.

    Glad you're back.

    When I worked in the school kitchen, we always had cinnamon rolls with chili - the best cinnamon rolls (except for mine!) and we could buy the left-overs and take them home. No wonder I gained weight!! Perfect combination. Runza restaurants sell that combo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous morning .... happy WW!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome shots, Anni:)

    ReplyDelete

.