my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Don't mess with Mother Nature! --

For the last couple of days, between no power and intermittent cable for working on blogging or visiting; not to mention some more offline genealogy work...I find myself apologizing for lack of blog visiting. I finally got to get this uploaded to YouTube this morning taken Sunday morning [by the way 'long 'bout midday Sunday we received a welcome 2" of rain in our part of the city!!]. Before sunrise, off to the north of us...in the darkened sky, there was a light show ---watch closely, it's a fast video!!! Tho, for a few hours in the vast ebony, the sky was so very beautiful when the lightening would strike...the clouds illuminated were huge and billowy!! I grabbed my cellphone and used the cam-corder to have you witness along with me this one short second of nature's wrath........






...and again today, I'm going to produce more PDF files for my book. I'm somewhere close to 2/3's done with that. Getting closer and closer to reality!!!

12 comments :

  1. Hi Anni! What an awesome video. Wow, all that heat and now all this rain. A bit of moderation would be nice it seems.

    So did you decide to self-publish the Kinko's way? I'd really like to know how you are doing your book ... do you copy and paste each blog post on to a separate page?

    Hope you have a great week WITH electricity.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a spooky video everything dark but that one flash....talk about timing!! Well done
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all get busy at times with other pursuits..no need to apologize for not visiting...
    I'm thankful for the rain you received. It has been raining most of the morning here, slow and steady...I hope you get more.
    I wanted to tell you that I love those little black kitties, they remind me so much of my Smokey..
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love watching lightening shows! Spectacular! No worries about not visiting - I'm sure I miss lots of posts too! God bless! Prayed that your son would be accepted for his PhD studies - hadn't seen that before!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a good catch! It is beautiful, how long were you videoing till you got this? Glad you got rain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad to hear that you finally got some rain.
    We got 4-5 inches of rain from Thurs to Monday am
    It has really set back harvest however.
    We had a really bad storm Friday night and the sky would light up like that.
    Enjoyed seeing yours.
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. THAT was a great lightening show! We flew into Florida with some near us but I didn't like that!!!!!!! It was BUMPY! We had a safe landing though and hopefully won't experience that on the way home. Was that the cause of your power outage?

    Keep working on your projects my friend, we are just glad to hear from you whenever! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that was beautiful! And quick. LOL So glad y'all got some much needed rain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man, now, THAT was quick. :)

    Thanks for the cuties you are handing out. I am taking one to my sidebar. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Make sure you come over to my blog today to enter my birthday giveaway and to see your princess costume! hehe I will be back later to catch up on your posts. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome captures, Anni. So love watching storms, that are safe.

    Have a beautiful weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the video. Storms fascinate me. I have always wanted to capture lightening in a photo. Maybe one day I will buy a camera that has the capability to do that.
    Sounds like the book is coming right along for you. Good to hear. You must feel so accomplished with the progress you are making.
    Hope your power stays ON for you, it is no fun being without power.

    ReplyDelete

.