my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Birds of a feather...hodgepodge








Sharing a walk along the pathways to Oso Bay through the Suter Park --

White Pelicans, a heron in the reed grasses, and a roseate spoonbill through the wooded area onto the bay.



- - -

The Hodgepodge Part...




1. How do you typically react in a sudden, extreme, pressure-filled crisis? Would we want you nearby in an emergency? Actually, I think I would have to answer this with "it depends" on the emergency. If it entails a family crisis, I try to remain calm and coherent. But heck, these days an emergency could be a terrorist act...or a huge storm destroying our house and home. And, to be honest, I don't know HOW I would react. [Don't wanna know 'cause I wouldn't want to experience.]

2. Caramel apple-caramel sundae-caramel corn-caramel macchiato...of the four, which carmel treat would you choose? Caramel Apples. I love 'em.

3. Is there such a thing as destiny? Explain. If you're referring to the word/term, destiny...ya, I think there is such a thing. What happens is something that was destined for the future. Oftentimes I have stated "that fate had something to do with it". Oh, and if you're referring to a gal named Destiny...then, ya there is that too.

4. What's your favorite piece of furniture? I'm referring to something currently in your possession as opposed to something on your wish list. Depends on the time of day...early morning, my favorite piece of furniture is my office chair. During the day...it could be the couch that is by the patio door....bright sunny area. Ya, I think it's more the AREA that the couch is placed by instead of the 'piece of furniture'. At night...it's my waterbed. Yep, I never parted with my waterbed. Cool in the summer....warm in the winter. But here again, to be honest...furniture is NOT something I'm 'liking'...now that I'm retired, furniture is just a possession and not important.

5. Wednesday night marks the start of the 2011 Baseball World Series. Did you know? Do you care? Will you be watching? Ever been to a professional baseball game? If you're not an American do you find the title 'World Series' annoying or amusing? Ha!! You don't stop by often, do you? I'm talking about baseball periodically throughout the time from Spring Training to the World Series!! And yes....I'll watch. I don't think I've missed more games than I can count on my fingers one time around in all my married life. And yes, I've been to the Rockies games often. We had season tickets during their first year as a franchise. And I've seen the D'Backs games ---even traveled from Colorado to Tucson years ago to follow the Spring Training at Hi Corbet Field. Been to the farm team games for the Houston Astros also. As for "world series" I'd much prefer and use the term FALL CLASSIC.

6. A sound that takes me back to my childhood is____________. Right now, as I type, the sound of an air gun brings back my youth. I used to get the use of my dad's car several days a week...he worked for the City Government where we lived and I'd have to drive to pick him up after work....and waiting around for him, the sound of the air gauge I'd hear many times before it was quitting time.

7. On average, once you've linked your hodgepodge post to mine how many other participant blogs do you visit? Do you ever come back to the Hodgepodge later in the day or even the day after to read posts? I try to visit as many as I can.

8. Insert your own random thought here. I really have three...Two random: The Winds of Change are blowing in!! Cold Front coming our way! Yay. And -- Everyone has some beautiful Autumn Foliage on their blogs. Alas, we don't get the tree color change around here 'til mid December. I have a really pretty pic somewhere in my photo archives on my computer/folder somewhere from last year. I must dig it up and post it here soon. Then, the not so random thought: CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A GOOD HORROR/THRILLER BOOK for me to read?! I'm so in the mood to have a spine tingling novel to read. I've read a few Stephen King novels, they're just okay. Koontz? Nah. Yesterday in fact, I went to Barnes n Nobel looking for a good book from that genre...nothing but Vampire books. I'll be glad when that craze peters out!!!

25 comments :

  1. Hello sweet friend
    I have missed coming by here. You have me now trying to think of a good scary book for you to read. I too am tired of King his last six books have been disappointing.
    If I think of one I will let you know.
    Love your pictures.
    It will be cool in the morning which sounds strange to say in Tx. lol
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your birds of a feather post. Such pretty shots. YOu are just the best at what you do. Love our blog...but you already know that :-) genie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am used to seeing swans in the water, so these pelicans are a nice treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice bird shots! A caramel apple sounds yummy right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really interesting. Happy OW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Staying calm and coherent would be perfect for all situations. :)

    A thriller book would likely bring about a totally opposite emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pretty scenery pictures. My best friend just loves her waterbed! I used to read the Anne Rice vampire series, it was set in New Orleans and pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shots, especially that first one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No books to recommend right now. I've been on a biography kick for some reason. After my last book though, I'm looking for a change. I was just recommended The Reliable Wife. I was told it's not what you would think.. Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're into reading horror books right now and I'm into watching horror movies...does put you in the Halloween mood doesn't it:-) Enjoyed reading your answers to the questions and I'm like you, I love caramel apples. In fact, right after the haunted hayride we went on this past weekend, we bought one and I enjoyed every bite!! Teeth were sticking together for a while though! lol

    Love your bird pictures. We have a lot of birds that have now left for warmer regions so we're just left with the doves, grackles and starlings. I miss the hummingbirds and the robins!!

    I'm sure you won't mind getting some of that cooler weather:-) It's 43F here right now and raining...at least it's not snowing yet! lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wicked: The Complete Book and Lyrics of the Broadway Musical
    by Winnie Holzman, Stephen Schwartz (Composer)

    I haven't read it myself yet but I heard reviews this morning (must have been destiny for me to answer you question)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My Kid's Mom...read the original by G. Maguire that the musical was based on. And I have the book Wicked the Musical...that's just about how the musical was produced and shows still from the play.

    ReplyDelete
  13. First off, LOVE the blog name and your apparent "pen name?" - Hootin' Annie!! We have a daughter named Anna and she gets called a variety of Annie names - I haven't tried Hootin' but it may suit her?!?!? :) She's a hoot too!!
    I hear ya on the Vampire thing ... MORE TV shows about them ... eye rolling ... I just can't do it. Not even the Twilight thing that ADULTS are reading. Nope. As for horror/suspense, I'm more of a crime/suspense reader - I like Tami Hoag as of recently - just a little spine tingling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love caramel apples too. although I don't have much luck with making them--I'm not very good in the kitchen! : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hadn't thought about air guns in years... my daddy used to work at us steel and they had one that went off at quitting time. we had to pick him up sometimes and remember being excited when i heard it because daddy was off and coming out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Terrific views Anni! Pelicans are such funny looking birds.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love caramel apples too. Sad to say, I have experienced different kind of crises, it is not easy to cope up with any kind of crises, most specially if somebody in the family or relative is involved. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anni great post and answers!!
    Madi is having an open house and wanted to invited Tahoe and Winston....they can bring their special food too.
    Hugs Mdi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  19. You still have a water bed! We had one once then we had a power outage and when we went to bed we almost froze to death! We got rid of it really fast! So glad I stopped by today and thank you for coming to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh...your couch by the patio door sounds divine! I'd venture to bet that you've taken a snooze or two on that thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'll be glad when the vampire craze runs its course, too! Sorry, but I don't have any book suggestions for you :(

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post and I love the photos of the birds. you always come up with such beautiful photos.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's true about #1. No telling these days just what crisis situation we may encounter! Would I have known exactly what to do on 9/11? Not sure :/

    Sorry, I can't tell you what horror book to read, because I avoid them like the plague!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love living in a part of the country with a beautiful autumn. I could do with a little less winter though : ) Glad you played along today...enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

.