my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




A Big o' Texas Howdy to y'all...

...and still I am getting more work done on the family tree. Progress has been slow, but fruitful. This morning, early, as I am cropping scanned photos of ancestors' headstones and getting them ready to add to my growing 'stack of pages' to be published, I had an assistant. Of course, he quickly got bored with it all - the mouse wasn't moving across the screen - so, Winston decided to lay down. Notice the grumpy look on his face? That's 'cause I had to slide him off the keyboard!! He loves to prop his furry noggin' up on the head...keyboard. Then, I have to stop and readjust and realign all the tools and taskbars since they are either messed up with his weight or they totally disappear.

Once again, I must add my thanks and appreciation for all those who visited with me over the last few days....I appreciate your leaving me comments and encouragement. But, I must confess...I truly feel guilty to not return your visit-------I'll get around to personal blogging, I hope, very soon. After this last group of photos you see on the monitor in this photo, I think I'm done with cropping and posting photos. Then, it's the last step. And this'll take the longest time ever. The last step before setting up the pages and proof-reading all the text will be Pedigree charts. From 1996 [the family's youngest] to the late 1600s. Each generation!! Lots of text and compiled research to this part.

Have a great day.

11 comments :

  1. You are doing something that is important and will be appreciated by your family for years. Keep at it - I'm impressed and I must admit to a little jealousy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still working hard I see...in the long run this project will be a wonderful keepsake to pass on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you can soon climb on the family tree ??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure do miss your smilin' face! But totally understand - I can't imagine having the patience to do what you're doing. You go, girl! Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't give it a second thought! What you are doing is wonderful and fascinating. Plus, I might have to call on your new found expertise when I begin the process in the coming months! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a huge job! But I get a huge smile each time I visit and see that cute header. So you have a cyber-cat! He is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know how time consuming it can be...
    Love your buddy there. I know just what you mean. Smokey likes to walk across the keyboard when I'm typing and it really can screw things up.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  8. Winston is too funny he doesn't like that big old monitor and moving mouse taking up all his Mom's attention.
    Sounds like you are making good progress.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, Winston looks so cute but definitely grumpy. If he's like my Cindi Lou he is jealous of the keyboard and monitor because they take away mommy's attention.

    Not to feel guilty about the visits, I totally understand how much time it takes for this kind of a project. I've been working on both our families on and off for ten years and I'm still not finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been on a bloggy break so am trying to catch up with everyone. You are doing such a wonderful thing for your family! This will be something that will be handed down for generations. Lots of work though, you have been very dedicated to it!

    Love your buddy by your computer! Noodles likes to set here with me too but will try to scratch my screen trying to catch anything that moves! Bad kitty! But I love him!!

    Keep up the good work and I am also glad to hear you got some rain!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Anni! I am so proud of you. Keep up the great job that you are doing. I love how you are just focusing on it to get it done. I flit around from thing to thing.

    Hope that you have a wonderful weekend.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete

.