“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown...
~Wm. Shakespeare

BOOK BLURB








This is the 'book cover' from the week's posted photo. Upon viewing this, the challenge for this meme is to write a blurb [the inside cover flap] that will entice the reader to drop down their VISA on the counter and purchase the book and enjoying it. It's to be either fiction or non-fiction. For all the rules, just click the linked image on my sidebar; then, participate!! BOOK BLURB MEME LINKED IMAGE found on my sidebar.


Here goes---



book title:
*:*:ROYAL SECRETS:*:*:

    Within the shadowed walls of the complex, rooms are filled with historic scandals. If only the walls could tell all!! As the story opens, the plastered facades whisper and reveal 'closet skeletons' that reach far into the imagination. From the sunlit balcony, behind the ironwork and through the curtained confines, many-a-lovers have had secret rendezvouses. From royal dynasties to government politicians; even some published in syndication as accidental suicides only to discover several ended as cold-blooded murders and cover-ups. Join me now...forget life outside your world as you know it, and curl up with your favorite icy refreshment. Open the book. You'll get a glimpse of an atmosphere filled with deceitful love affairs and dangerous liaisons. Revelations, revolutions, racy!!! And, ROYAL secrets....


[123 - Word Count Tool]


Book Cover designed by Anni...
In its entirety, plus text,
[with the exception of photo and/or credits]
is copyrighted by law.
see copyright on sidebar
© 2011






FRIDAY FODDER


On Monday I mentioned, and gave a 'rave' review of the newly theater released "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" movie. I couldn't say enough good about it. It's one of the best I've seen in months!! Maybe years. Well, another movie, released a couple of weeks ago, we saw. And that is THE SMURFS. It is/was a delightful, fun animation with live action added. Sweet and adorable. I even found myself laughing out loud several times. Tho the movie is quite predictable from its beginning, it's still very much worth seeing. Granted, I admit, I didn't know that much about smurfs other than they're blue...and even tho it's probably considered a 'kiddy show', it's pleasing, and actually makes you forget about everything outside the theater doors, enjoying the 90 minutes or so of entertainment. The 'live' sinister cat [owned by Gargamel] was a hoot. Coughing up a smurf hair ball was hilarious. Only if you own a cat would you appreciate this!! Anyway...getting back to the movie. The Smurfs end up in NYC and the adventure to return home begins. With a 'Sweet Mixture of Smurf Folical Ambrosia' [hairball -Gargamel words] and the 'Magical Window Machine' [computer -Papa Smurf] everything turns out 'Smurfy'!!! [spoken by Smurfette].


Smurf graphic borrowed from Smurf Home Site

12 comments :

  1. Love the book blurb as usual! I remember watching the Smurfs on tv - I'm sure the movie is cute. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of a house filled with secrets...if the walls could talk! I want to know who discovers the truth...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anni, your book does sound like a perfect one to settle in with and get lost in. I would love to read it.

    Your's is the second Planet of the Apes review that I have read in the past couple of days ... it sounds like it is a super movie. I guess we'll have to check it out. Glad to hear that the Smurf movie is great for all ages.

    I hope that you have a fun weekend,

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the movies reviews... Always good to hear them!!! Have a super day my friend!
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who doesn't love a bit of scandal? What fun to get all the dirty details of the high 'n mighty! Your blurb gave me a whole new perspective on that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anni
    Book Blurb:
    You could have stopped at 'scandal' that got my attention. Happy Weekend to you and your B,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great book review as always.
    I will have to check out those movies.My grands liked the movie Planet of the apes.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. A titilating blurb! Andrew Morton couldn't have done better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see a lot of intrigue coming up, more sensational than sensual. Love the alliteration near the end.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic blurb, and I do think one of your best! Everything flowed so well, and this would make an interesting read.
    Thanks for the info on the Smurf movie. This might be something the kids would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like I'll need an icy refreshment to cool off! Sounds scandalously good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh I want to know the Royal secrets!!! hehe If the walls COULD talk, I'm sure they would blush as well, can you imagine what they've seen throughout the years?!!!

    The Smurf movie is another one I want to see and I'm so glad you really enjoyed it. The Smurfs cartoon started airing on tv in 1981 and Shawn who was 3 years old at that time was hooked on them so I watched every show with him:-) He even had a Smurf plush doll he would sleep with!! I have a picture of him with it, I should print it out and show it to Lily. lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete

.