my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Seafood Diet?

Usually, the whole and unbroken sand dollars are found, partially buried. After the exposure to the continually moving surf, the fragile dollars break up. When you walk the beach during a certain season, you can see thousands of sand dollar shards. Look closely at the sand tho, buried and partially visible are the whole ones----



sometimes you're lucky to find hidden treasures like this...even lucky enough it may be a TEXAS Lone Star!?!



...but for some, this may be edible and a special delicacy...me?, not this "food"!



Clam Shell
MACRO MONDAY Linked Image found on my sidebar




MONDAY MORSELS

After all the hoopla on the national debt these past weeks, one person stood out of the crowd and made me happy once again to be an American. Oh sure, I get frustrated, VERY frustrated over Congress and their eternal bickerings and goings-on. And I'd like to personally have the pleasure of kicking them ALL out of office. 'Til I heard this, after the shocked members of Congress gave her a long-standing standing ovation:
    "I have closely followed the debate over our debt ceiling and have been deeply disappointed at what’s going on in Washington," Giffords said, in a statement from her office. "After weeks of failed debate in Washington, I was pleased to see a solution to this crisis emerge. I strongly believe that crossing the aisle for the good of the American people is more important than party politics. I had to be here for this vote. I could not take the chance that my absence could crash our economy." READ MORE HERE...
I was proud of her. And secretly wished that ALL members had the same thoughts and emotions. The fact that she put 'the good of the American People' first in line of importance...CHEERS!!! Her act and presence that day in history was astounding. And no, it has NOTHING TO DO WITH PARTY [Democrat or Republican---or these so called 'tea party advocates']---it's doing what is right for the country no matter if YOU agree. And I can't sit by idly and say I didn't voice my opinion either. Yes, I called and emailed Texas Reps and Senators...you can't play with peoples' lives and livelihoods...what Congress was doing...it may have been a scare tactic...but, for me, it all backfired!!! The economy of our country can't be blamed on our current president either...not entirely....it's past presidents that have spent monies such as the SS...borrowing and not paying it back, etc. etc. etc. Their ploy opened my eyes and I actually saw the fickle, money hungry Congress...a Congress who didn't care about US, but their party. They're not representing the people any more...they're trying to save a party...be it the right or left side. And come election time, I hope the voters don't forget this fiasco and vote these fear mongers/hate mongers out of office!!!!


THINK ABOUT IT...Our country is NOT about parties per sé!!! It's a REPUBLIC. Has been, always will be!!! These days Congress, I believe, has forgotten this standard. Democracy and Republic are two forms of government which are distinguished by their treatment of the Minority, and the Individual, by the Majority. In a Democracy, the Majority has unlimited power over the Minority. This system of government does not provide a legal safeguard of the rights of the Individual and the Minority. It has been referred to as "Majority over Man". In a Republic, the Majority is limited and constrained by a written Constitution which protects the rights of the Individual and the Minority. The purpose of a Republic form of government is to control the Majority and to protect the inalienable rights and liberty of the individual, which seems to be lacking in our Congress today...it's more so about ousting our present president and making him look bad...but, not matter who is in office, our Congress should NOT work on being better than the other...it's about the individual rights here, people!! The United States of America is founded as a Republic under the Constitution. No matter what party is in 'favor' at the time...it's still and always should be 'for the people'. America is NOT a Democracy as so many [sadly] think!!! ...AND TO THE REPUBLIC FOR WHICH IT STANDS...ONE NATION!!




MELLOW YELLOW
in Caesar's eyes...


Another segment I'm going to add to this week's Morsels and addition for Monday's Mellow Yellow, is a movie review. We saw The Rise of the Planet of the Apes over the weekend. I must say, I'm really not one to hype up Science Fiction, but I've seen all of the previous "APE" movies, and this one by far is the most outstanding feature flick to come down the pipeline in months!!!! Extremely well written, gives us all incite of how the primates took over the world, showing us one outstanding story!!! Filled with emotion, fear, stamina, strength and the weakness of the human core. Outstanding...absolutely a must see! And, when in the near future I hope, a must buy!!! I solemnly predict some mega bucks coming to this movie's stash....and I'll wager my ovaries [if I had any left], that it'll be an Oscar contender. "Caesar IS Home"!!

MELLOW YELLOW meme graphic link found in my sidebar marquee.

24 comments :

  1. Anonymous8/08/2011

    Enjoyed this. This is Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice photos, especially I like the second.

    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sand dollar images Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sand dollar photos! I wouldn't thought to look for them buried in the sand.
    I agree with your thoughts on the budget crises! Gabrielle Giffords said it well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really rare eye color. Truly befits MYM.

    May you have a fab week ahead.

    See you around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sand dollar images. As for the political goings on, it saddens me too. And to blame Obama is short-sighted since he inherited problems that started in previous administrations. I have no solutions but find it frustrating that our elected officials are expected to turn things around in a short time frame when the problems they must deal with are the result of situations that took some time to develop in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that our current crisis goes back. Way back. AT LEAST 25 years, but even further. And the bickering is driving me NUTS!

    I absolutely love your sand dollar pix! We have them all over the beach too but you have to get there at just the right time. The last time I made it I was with the pooches and Birdie. Now, Birdie is in Texas. Dang it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Anni - I absolutely love driving through Maine and seeing all of the beautiful white churches with their tall steeples standing against the trees - and in the fall , oh, my goodness.

    The sand dollars just barely buried are fascinating to me.

    I have to agree with your rant this morning - outrageous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the sand dollars - and I didn't know they were so fragile that you could only find whole ones half-buried!

    I also agree about the politics. When will our politicians ALL realise that it should not be all about them, but about what is good for the country, whether it be England or America?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post Anni...I have to say...I love clams! An to find a sand dollar is a real thrill in my book!! I am on the same page as u with whats going on with our government...as I think most Americans share the same sentiments. It's a wake up call n us Americans have to pull together n demand changes! Does the Fall of the Roman empire sound familiar!!!!
    Thanx for the movie review...I may just go see it now! Had no desire before! Have a great week n stay cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREAT photos Anni ~ I loved your post today!!!
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Sand Dollar pictures. The Texas Star one is awesome. I love looking for treasures on the beach. I have a Starfish that was found on our Honeymoon. It was purple when we found it, but turned white as it dried out.
    I always enjoy reading your posts.
    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those first few images are really pretty. Hope to find them someday. None available here. I may have to travel half way round the world.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice collection of photos, I enjoyed seeing what you find on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I so love those sand dollars, I think they are so neat and I can just imagine the thrill of it when one is found intact. As for eating oysters or anything like that, nope not for me either!!

    Not being American, I haven't really been paying attention to what's been happening politically over there but I had heard about Ms. Gifford having showed up to put in her vote. Just like our own government, way too much bickering goes on and not enough making the right decisions for the people. How awesome would it be if all parties worked together instead of acting like a bunch of 5 year olds!!

    I just saw the trailer for The Rise of the Planet of the Apes and it certainly does look like the type of movie I would love to see. I'm going to rent the dvd once it becomes available in the video stores:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post Anni, your sand dollar find is awesome and that clams did I miss it already ^_^


    MYM

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great macros! You always find such treasures on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anni, Love the sand dollars--I could walk the beach for hours looking for shells. I have a Christmas ornament that has a Santa face painted on it--it is the cutest thing ever! What a time our country is going through!
    We have brought many of our difficulties on ourselves, but hopefully we can overcome the many challenges that face us. Henry Ford quote--"Coming together is a beginning, keeping together is progress, and working together is success". Have a nice week. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Anni
    Your Monday Morsels very thought provoking. I keep hoping each day to see improvment I just heard the stock market lost big time today.
    I'm going to keep thinking positively though.
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it when the sand dollars start showing up on the shore. Sometimes there are so many along the central coast you just hear crunch crunch as you walk and wish you could scoop them all up!

    Amen to the difference between a Republic and a Democracy. If our politicians would only read The Federalist Papers they would not govern they way they do. Big government has not and is not doing any of us any favors. There is something wrong with a group of people who can vote themselves raises and raise our taxes to pay for it while they spend our country into the hole. Democrat, Republican, Tea Party...I say we all reregister as Independents and vote for the best candidate. Then there would be no "aisle" and no party pandering!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous artwork in the sand!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anni, Lovely photos of the sand dollars. They fascinate me and I love to find them. Years ago, in the 70s, I actually found two on the beach in Nova Scotia. Most were broken but in hours of searching, I actually found two in their entirety.

    You should be proud of Gifford. She did indeed take a stand on what was right for the people of America. Glad to see it.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very cool! Love this shot.
    http://reesspace.blogspot.com/2011/08/mellow-yellow-monday-beautiful-snacks.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. This post made me smile. We went to the beach a few weeks ago and collected some really nice sand dollars. I didn't think to photograph them though, they are really beautiful and so is your photography.

    ReplyDelete

.