my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



If you DREAM it...it'll COME!!




Someone told me long ago
There's a calm before the storm,

I know
It's been comin' for some time.

When it's over, so they say,
It'll rain a sunny day,

I know
Shinin' down like water.


I want to know, have you ever seen the rain

I want to know, have you ever seen the rain

Comin down on a sunny day

Yesterday, and days before,
Sun is cold and rain is hard,

I know
Been that way for all my time.

'Til forever, on it goes
Through the circle, fast and slow,
I know
It can't stop, I wonder.

I want to know, have you ever seen the rain

I want to know, have you ever seen the rain

Comin down on a sunny day


Match song lyrics with photos...the THURSDAY THEMESONG graphic link found on sidebar

SONG LINK: here
PHOTO CREDITS: All, I've posted before. Rain in our yard, rain over the bay looking into the city's skyline, the beach near North Shore [seagull], sunrise from our yard, downtown during a cloudburst [traffic] and the Gulf Waters just after Hurricane Emily [one prior to the one that's out in the Caribbean right now -about 5 years ago] touched Old Mexico...


We were privileged years ago to see this group, Creedence Clearwater Revival in concert! I tellya, the whole show just had my heart pumping in rhythm and my legs couldn't stop dancing!!! What a showcase of greatness!!! Some day, I'll get to scanning old photos of all the celebrities we've seen in concert. Oldies, but goodies! HAVE YOU EVER SEEN IT RAIN by Creedence Clearwater


ALSO NOTE:
From yesterday's Watery Wednesday Post, I had challenged y'all to find ice chests [coolers] and two flags. HERE IS THE ANSWER BELOW



American Flag and Texas State Flag are aground [not on the boat]...on Shoreline Drive in front of the Bank and the two coolers, one blue and white - one red and white, both on the shrimp boat.

18 comments :

  1. I am really enjoying all the showers on this week's TTS, your's is the second rainy post tonight. Wish some of those showers would come our way.

    Your photos are great Anni, I really like the one of the clouds with the city skyline in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up in Sarawak, where we have tropical rain storm everyday, I wonder why anyone would sing have you ever seen the rain.

    I was trying to comment from my work, but the computer, i don;t know why won't let me post my comment.

    yes, i saw the two flags.

    yes i saw the blue ice bin. I didn't recognize the red one. In New Zealand, we call them Chilly bins, in Australia, they call it Eskies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun picture search! we could use some of that rain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh - I love that song - great choices of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep!!!! we saw the rain last nite...came down in buckets...Thank U Lord!! Hope you all get some too! Love CCR...great songs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos to go with the song. Are you having drought there, too? What a hot summer it has been for so many. We've cooled off a bit, but have never been as bad as a lot of places - but it was in the high 90s for two weeks or more. And the heat the first day in Maine, for the golf tournament, was unbearable. But thankfully it cooled off for us the next day.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your photos as always. Glad to see that you are getting some much needed rain.
    I love the song by CCR
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post and GREAT pictures... Loved them!
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always liked CCR and your pictures go perfectly with this song. I guess we both must be wanting some rain with our "Rain" posts this week. I know I sure would welcome it if it would cool things off a bit. I am ready for this 100 degree weather to go bye-bye!
    Hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Upon seeing those first photos, I was hoping you'd had some rain finally.
    I love that group but never seen them in concert. "If you go down to the River, bet you're gonna find some people who live. You don't have to worry, if you got no money. People on the river are happy to give."
    I looked at your Wednesday post, too....I play hidden object games all the time....do you have more?
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love CCR and I'm sure you had a great time at the concert!
    I enjoyed your photo find yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a neat idea! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Three out of four wasn't too bad. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That has always been one of my favourite CCR songs! I remember when it first came out, I just HAD to go to the store and buy it:-) My mom only played country music at home but when she first heard CCR she was hooked and one Christmas dad gave me the money to go buy the 4 CCR record albums that were available. She loved them:-) I can well imagine how fantastic it must have been to see them in concert.

    Loved all of your photos you chose to go with the song lyrics, perfect!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very good rain photos! Love those green leaves with the drops - so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. CCR...brings back memories! We could use some of that rain here...it's been too hot and too dry! Thanks for the trip down musical Memory Lane!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very clever use of your photos with the song Anni! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW, those vehicles in that deep water, great but scary graphic.

    Please send Austin much H2O falling from sky -- thanks!!

    xoxo

    And hey, if I never made you a special sidebar button for my site, yours will the the 3rd next one to appear!!

    ReplyDelete

.