“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Hotter 'an a Match Head....




Hot town, summer in the city


Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty
Been down, isn't it a pity
Doesn't seem to be a shadow in the city


All around, people looking half dead


Walking on the sidewalk, hotter than a match head


But at night it's a different world


Go out and find a girl
Come-on come-on and dance all night
Despite the heat it'll be alright

And babe, don't you know it's a pity
That the days can't be like the nights
In the summer, in the city


In the summer, in the city

Cool town, evening in the city
Dressing so fine and looking so pretty
Cool cat, looking for a kitty


Gonna look in every corner of the city
Till I'm wheezing like a bus stop


Running up the stairs, gonna meet you on the rooftop




PHOTO CREDITS: Just around the city...1] along shoreline drive, downtown 2] as the sun rises, the moon sets -notice the moon? 3] "half dead" > no, but lounging in the sun on the seawall steps 4] Joggers & "Match head" 5] "Night" light 6] Summer in the City...looking west with the hot sun shining on our backsides 7] "Cool Cat" -Winston 8] City bus nearing a bus stop 9] Begun in Corpus Christi Texas, the fast food restaurant, "Whataburger" ---this one is the ONLY one throughout the nation with a rooftop dining area overlooking the Bay.


THURSDAY THEMESONG Linked button graphic on my sidebar


SONG LINK: here

30 comments :

  1. Nice pictures Anni.I like them

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a very "fresh" blog. Nice images. Thanks for the music too.
    Greetings from Gunn, in Stavanger/Norway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos to go with your song, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. Thanks for putting it together. That's one of my favorite songs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anni oh that was a good song and what memories...which is why I love your TTS meme.
    You have certainly had hot days in your city.
    Madi has a kitty crush on Winston.
    Hugs Madi and C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! One of "those" songs, well illustrated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that song. It reminds me of my high school boyfriend. I drove a red VW bug and he used to run look out the window when he heard the horn honk in the middle of this song. He thought it was me honking outside. lol

    The photos go perfectly with the lyrics! I really like this meme, but I haven't played in a long time. Note to self. Make a plan for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow it's a long time since I've heard that song. Thanks for the images and the trip back in time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good one...sure does match the mood this days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute post... I love that song ~ brings back so many memories!!!
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect song for your hot summer! Have a terrific day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anni, this is great! Not Jimmy Buffett, but your photos fit perfectly to the theme. I hope that you guys get so weather relief soon.

    Take care,
    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hootin' Annie, nice to meet you! Yes, it really is, because I have been seeing you For a long time, commenting on my followers blogs! So we share quite a few followers! This is the best theme song post I have ever seen! For one thing, I remember the song well and love it. And the pictures are just perfect, right down to the match head and the kitty! Gosh, you have a LOT of followers!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What great finds on the story board. Pretty awesome. Thanks for your visit today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great blog! Moma's humming along, recalling days gone by, and we're sittin' here on the deck on the record breaking hottest August 18 on record. At least it's s'posed to be ... 99° in Denver. It doesn't feel that hot, though, in the city. All 'cause of a great breeze fluffing our furs.

    Nice to meet you!
    Jake and Fergs and Family

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel like I am line dancing ^_^ Beautiful post Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely pictures and song works so well with them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. One of my favorite songs! I walk to it some days. When I sweating way more than I should be because the heat index is 115. Have you had any rain yet?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi There, Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Hope you come back often. I have several blog friends who participate in your meme... Love seeing all of the creativity that comes out of the songs... Yours is fabulous...I've enjoyed reading more about you... I used to live in the Clear Lake area --and have a song in Galveston and one in Seabrook.. SO--Texas is special to me.

    AND--I love Whataburger!!!!!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  21. interesting shapes in your hot city. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I so remember when this song came out, even though I was only 9 years old. My older brother had bought the single and would play it over and over again:-) You posted the perfect pictures to go with the words, even the kitty!! I don't envy you that heat all summer long, I would be a puddle somewhere on that pavement! lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great pictures and perfect song for the summer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great Post. Love all the pictures. They go very well with the song.
    Whataburger....have heard of it but never eaten there. I do love restaurants that overlook the water.
    Thank you for starting this Meme. I have such fun creating my posts. My daughter has even started suggesting songs for me.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I was singing along as I scrolled through your photos Anni. This is the perfect song for all this hot weather across the nation.

    I wasn't expecting to see Winston, he gave me a big smile.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I started sweating again just reading this post. That song sure takes me back to my youth. Nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cool ... and great shots who goes nicely along the song!

    Irene :)

    ReplyDelete

.