my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Do you remember being 18?


CLICK HERE to Join

...a meme where you match photos to song lyrics

Song Video Link
Photo credits: all with mouseover captions. I also, revised the lyrics to make it for both women AND men.



At a bar down in Dallas an old woman chimed in,


And I thought she was out of her his head.
Just being a young man I just laughed it off
When I heard what that old woman had said.

SHe said I'll never again turn the young mens ladies heads,


Or go running off into the wind.
I'm three quarters home from the start to the end.
And I wish I was 18 again.

I wish I was 18 again.
And going where I've never been.
But old folks and old oaks


Standing tall just pretend.
I wish I was 18 again.

Now time turns the pages


And oh, life goes so fast.
The years turn the blond black hair all grey.
I talked to some young folks,
Hey, they don't understand
The words this old woman's got to say.

I wish I was 18 again.
And going where I've never been.
But old folks and old oaks
Standing tall just pretend.
I wish I was 18 again.


Lord, I wish I was 18 again!

16 comments :

  1. At 73 1/2, I STILL can remember when I was 18.
    A totally different world...a totally different person. Isn't it funny how much we change over the years...not just in looks but in every way.
    Life is good!
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie you haven't changed a bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, not me, at 18, I was in high school AND facing university entrance exams.

    I am quite happy to be me this year. I achieved my dream and wrote my book.

    You looked beautiful then, and you have a beautiful heatt now, grey may your hair be,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great song and post Anni. I LOVE the pictures especially the picture of you.
    Oh yes to be 18 again but only if I could know what I know now.......
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if I would want to be 18 again... Pretty happy where I am now but would love to have time slow down some instead of going by so fast!!!
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good one Anni....oh to be 18 again...when I think back...those were some real growing pains!If I could have the youth n the wisdom I have now..I would take 18 again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do I remember 18? Heck, I'm still wondering how I survived 18! Someone MUST have been praying for me! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos. 18 was a good year for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, you were cute at 18 just like now! I'm hitting 65 and Medicare this November. Ick! I wouldn't mind having a young body again - no more sore hips - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How about 16? That was a fun year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG if I ever was 18 again I would just puke!!! LOL OMG I just can't help but say what I have to. I should have used better words but...pffft I wouldn't be 18 again for the life of me. How's that? Much better LOL I love the song and the photos are spectacular. You hit the nail on the head with this one my dear sweet one. How's that for buttering you up? LOL I really like where I am now and wouldn't change anything. Okay shut up Thom...you've rambled enough as usual LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know that song, but you did a great job! Love your high school pictures. You know, Anni, I GLAD that I am not 18 again. I like things just the way they are.

    I really enjoyed your San Diego post too. I think that I have only driven through there once.

    Hope you week has been fun!

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always liked George Burns and I had never heard this before. Although I must admit it was never my genre of music. Nice post Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yeah, to have the whole world before us again? That would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't want to be 18 again:) And I adore the tree picture!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Anni, I love love love this song by George Burns. I always loved that old darlin' man.
    "Old folks and old oaks" ...brings a tear to my eye.
    Thanks, Anni. This is wonderful. I have it on a cassette tape somewhere, but not on CD.

    —Kay, Alberta, Canada

    ReplyDelete

.