“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






A Centenarian Tale...



Join by clicking on Book Blurb Button




BOOK BLURB






This is the 'book cover' from the week's posted photo. Upon viewing this, the challenge for this meme is to write a blurb [the inside cover flap] that will entice the reader to drop down their VISA on the counter and purchase the book and enjoying it. It's to be either fiction or non-fiction. For all the rules, just click the button above; then, participate!!

Here goes---





book title:
*:*:Quandom Popularity:*:*:

    A reflection; a youthful image faded into view. Today had been a monumental day...a celebration at Shady Willows Sanatorium. In lavender silk, Beatrice still had a stunning way about her. Her nurse assisted in preparation. Miss Christian, a Washington Gazette freelance reporter, arrived to interview her. Anxious to begin, Chelsea had many questions for her, but realized upon meeting, she'd just enjoy whatever conversation Bea shared. Years had passed. The once elegant debutant, Bea became the city's newest centenarian. Looking back into the mirror with daylight dissolving, the young woman's reflection, beautiful and virginal, danced like the shadows on the wall. Beatrice Part I was published in the Editorial section the following day. It began: "I was as dishy as the gal in the mirror..." Beatrice spoke clearly. "...Washington Politicians; including a few presidents had their way, many many decades ago...." Part II; made front page news!!

[148 - Word Count Tool]


In its entirety, the text is copyrighted by law.
see copyright on sidebar
© 2011



"Juicy, tart... right down to the core!" H. Clynton, retired

"Everything you wanted to know about Washington's elite, but were afraid to ask!" Woof Blister, CNN-Cable

"Quandom Popularity makes my Twitter pages seem prudish. Wow!" Oscar M. Weener, ex-Senator.




FRIDAY FODDER

If you follow me faithfully you may recall the post I did for Show n Tell several months back. The one about the Blue and White Oriental Carafe? [shown here] Well, a few weeks ago, while Bud and I trekked the antique mall in town, I came upon some matching cups. With the same scenery! The dealer was asking a high price for them, but I bargained with her and got the four for $10 less. Now I have the whole set; made in England...carafe AND cups!



16 comments :

  1. AAAAhh a juicy tell all book...Yep,,,I would buy it! LOL
    Soooo when is the tea party??? Now that you have a complete set...its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fiction - always makes me want more! WooHoo on matching dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anni,

    Great story, cover and reviews, as always! I'd love to read more. Your dishes are beautiful too.

    Thanks so much for stopping by to say hi.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds a juicy, unputdownable, page-turner of a book:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting book blurb, Anni. You are an imaginative storyteller. You've got me doing the math on your centenarian, and wondering why Part II made the front page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great find the cups are... Have a super day Anni!!
    HUGS
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blue and white dishes. Don't you love it when you find just the right item in an antique store...
    Loved the story.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anni--As usual, your reviews are a "hoot"--a perfect finale for your blurb.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So the lady was no innocent? LOL! Great blurb and I love the blue and white china!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL Yes, I'm sure Part II made the front page. Bea certainly has some tales to tell, and I'd love to hear them!

    My father-in-law is 87, and I love listening to his stories. He never shares anything as juicy as Bea promises, of course; but he has some wonderful memories of his worldwide travels!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the shadowy, lavender silk picture you created that tucks neatly in between the lines of those blinds! Cool china, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved your blurb, but got distracted by those dishes. The pattern and deep blue color are close to Royal China's Willowware, although the base of the cup is more tapered. You got yourself a bargain for sure. I'd be happy to buy your book and the cups as well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Annie what beautiful china....
    We have a family wedding this weekend things will get crazy starting tomorrow so we wanted to wish you all a very happy 4th of July,
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anni, your cups & pot are FABULOUS!! I love that old blue design. How lucky to find the cups.

    Have a wonderful holiday weekend, my friend ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  15. How awesome is that to find the matching cups!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yet another book from Anni I want to buy:-) You always make the blurbs so darn interesting and make me want to know what's going to happen next!!!

    LOVE your tea set and what luck to come upon the cups of the same design at that antique market. Now I want to come over for tea:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

.