“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Nostalgic...


CLICK HERE to Join

...a meme where you match photos to song lyrics



Song Video Link: You Light Up My Life [originally by Debbie Boone]
photo credits: nighttime window with lamp reflection, seagull with sun behind it, sunrise and wave drifts, 'light of my life'...Bud.

So many nights I sit by my window


Waiting for someone to sing me his song
So many dreams I kept deep inside me
Alone in the dark but now
You've come along

You light up my life
You give me hope
To carry on
You light up my days


and fill my nights with song

Rollin' at sea, adrift on the water


Could it be finally I'm turning for home?
Finally, a chance to say hey,
I love You
Never again to be all alone

You light up my life
You give me hope
To carry on
You light up my days
and fill my nights with song

You light up my life
You give me hope
To carry on
You light up my days
and fill my nights with song

It can't be wrong
When it feels so right
'Cause You


You light up my life

15 comments :

  1. Oh Anni, I love this song but I haven't heard it in years. Debbie Boone has a lovely voice.

    Great photos, with a very special one at the end. Love that.

    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice song. 3rd picture is most beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anni that is one of my favorite songs and your pictures are spot on. I really like the last one of your B!!
    Hugs madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet post! I felt like I was watching a beautiful love story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was so sweet Anni... Loved it!!!
    HUGS
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - you took me back to high school, when that song was so popular! I loved it and still do. Nice end, with Bud's picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww what a great picture of Bud, the light of your life:-) Gosh, I remember going to see that movie at the cinema and hearing that song for the first time back in 1977. I thought Didi Conn was so good in it! Stunning pictures to add to the words of the song, Anni. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA...OMG Debbie Boone...I haven't heard this in years and it was one of my all times favorites. And If I remember it stayed atop the charts for a long time and maybe set a record back in the day. Love it and your photos are just the bomb...That last one...OMG Bud is a lucky husband...even though I have to send him smoke signals plenty of times LOL Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos to that song.

    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love that song!
    Derek will do it, and I really hope it is at home! He's up throwing some long ball now, and lets hope he just doesn't come back too soon. He and his family will be very proud when he hits the 3000!
    Georgie is doing better too. I'm so glad for him. It's been a rough year.
    Have a good week-end.
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photo of the one who lights up your life! My memory of this song is so different from your other commenters, however. My teen-age daughters and her friends always made fun of it and sang it as wrong as possible, at the top of their lungs! We nearly split our sides laughing! I couldn't be serious if I wanted to!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anni ... this was the song we chose in 1978 when I got married the first time. I've always loved it. You did a great job ... I love the last picture the best.

    Have a great weekend,

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always loved this song. I remember the movie too.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete

.