my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Melts in your mouth....



Join by clicking on Book Blurb Button




BOOK BLURB







This is the 'book cover' from the week's posted photo. Upon viewing this, the challenge for this meme is to write a blurb [the inside cover flap] that will entice the reader to drop down their VISA on the counter and purchase the book and enjoying it. It's to be either fiction or non-fiction. For all the rules, just click the button above; then, participate!!

Here goes---












book title:
*:*:Chocolaterie Confessions:*:*:



    Face it...this publication is for chocolate lovers 'round the globe!! Researchers, taste tests, and volunteers have raved over certain confections from here, from there. In this book you'll relinquish your soul to chocolate. Learn how provocative chocolate can be. From homemade delicacies in small town candy shops, to the large factories of special, renowned, candies!! You'll read about the debut of Black Chocolate on the world market...critics agree...it's knock-your-socks-off ambrosial! Follow through special chapters from: how to make your own, the common myths of the decadent mixture of oils and sweetness, secret recipes revealed, using chocolate at parties. "Taste" the rich, glow of the mahogany brown sensation of superior chocolates. Treat yourself to custom-made chocolate gambling chips for special occasions; a veritable paradise for us sweet-toothed connoisseurs. Dig into recipes, ideas, clues using chocolate to your advantage. Peruse the pages allowing your senses to be tantalized.

[149 - Word Count Tool]

In its entirety, the text is copyrighted by law.
see copyright on sidebar
© 2011



"Orgasmic"!!! ~Geena Kneelie FN Cable

"Sinfully delicious." ~In A. Gartenn from FN Bearfoot Contezza

"You'll read this, and fill out orders 'round the world for MORE CHOCOLATE!" ~Rach L. Wray from Cable FN

"Reminiscent of the classic movie "Chocolat" and Comte de Reynaud!" ~Sun E. Andersen Food Netwerk




FRIDAY FODDER

This week, keeping to the 'book theme', I thought I'd mention the novel I just finished a week ago. One I totally recommend to anyone who loved "Little Women" [by Louisa May Alcott], the classic. THE LOST SUMMER OF LOUISA MAY ALCOTT will have you turning the pages to see just how Louisa chooses her way of life, how she used one summer [tho fictionalized, it's so "real" you think you know her all too well] to make her final decision and life's calling to become an author and nothing else. To be honest, I'm not much of a romance reader, but this work of fiction is so filled with the author's [Kelly O'Connor McNees] imagination of a life long love for Louisa, it's nearly impossible to put down. Following the characters of Little Women, the Lost Summer...brings you back to Jo and Beth and the sisters. Laurie. All the familiar characters. And the highly anticipated ending of this book is NOT disappointing. Very well written. True to Alcott's form in every way. If you liked Little Women, you'll LOVE The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott!!!

14 comments :

  1. After reading your book blurb I am now craving chocolate .... and there is not a morsel to be found.

    I'm not much of a romance reader either but I have always loved Little Women. I'll have to add this one to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anni... I love to read and I'll be checking out that book soon!
    HUGS
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only would I buy this book but I can think of several people who'd want it as a christmas present too - I presume it DOES come with free samples?
    'Orgasmic'? - it's been scientifically proven hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anni--Is this your first time doing a BBF? If yes, I'm so glad. If no, I guess I've missed your previous ones.

    I love the fact that you took this in a nonfiction direction. Being a chocoholic, I would definitely buy this book. Now you just have to write it (ha)!

    I belong to Saturday Writers, a St. Louis/St. Peters group of writers, and we're having the author Kelly O'Connor McNees at our June meeting (the last Saturday in June). Your review of the book makes me think I will probably HAVE to buy the book. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, want it. Also liked the quotes at the end. Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I would buy that book,but I hope that it comes with samples or at least those scratch & sniff patches.LOL
    I loved reading Little Women, so I will have to put this one on my list.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All you ever wanted to know about chocolate and more - excellent;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun book about chocolate, Anni.
    And I'm interested in the novel about LM Alcott, one of my favorites since girlhood.
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I must read that! I love Ms Alcott's stories!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why am I craving a piece of chocoate now? LOL! "Yummy" book blurb this week, and thanks for the heads up about the story-I'm looking for a new read...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now I know how the ice cream in a hot fudge sundae feels! I could feel myself becoming totally immersed in this one. And wanting more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sioux....oh, color me green with jealousy. I would dearly love to meet in person the author of "The Lost Summer.....". Lucky, lucky you. Tell me all about it when you're logged into your email account. Or a blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm already a chocoholic, so are you trying to kill me here?? I actually got up and went in search of chocolate after reading this, so I guess it's safe to say you drew me in!

    Interesting about The Lost summer. I'll have to add it to my list, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Anni - Google ate my first comment! (I think I expounded on my love of dark chocolate M&Ms.) I did read your blurb and commented, so I was surprised to learn you thought I'd missed you. Is this Google thing ever going to get fixed, or will it randomly irritate bloggers forever?? I wonder what other comments have been swallowed into the bowels of Google limbo? *sigh*

    I LOVE this blurb, especially the part about "relinquish your soul to chocolate." I'm already there! LOL You've done a terrific job here of hooking me with all the benefits of this book, and with the description of the chocolate itself. "A veritable paradise," you say...and it really sounds like it. This is a must read! Does it come with samples??

    ReplyDelete

.