“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Here a chip...there a chip...ol' McAnni has a job, eee, iii, eeee, iiii, oh!!


click HERE to join


MACRO MONDAY




















- - -<><><>- - -


MONDAY MORSELS





I have a lot of patchin' and paintin' to do!! These little yard elves are in dire need of repair work!!







See?----

...But, of course, I love doing this kinda work. Thing is, while adjusting one of the sprinkler heads on our sprinkler system, I notice the disrepair work more so when we cleaned out all the winterkill earlier. And, now it's way too hot to do the needed paint and patch job, as it's a job of work that needs to be done outdoors, on the picnic table. I'll plan on doing it this Fall if all goes well. It'll be something to do, and look forward to doing later in the year when it's a whole heckuva lot cooler!!

20 comments :

  1. I adore anything whimsical, so those sweet little elves are totally for me!

    And, yes. That is a tat on my right foot. (It's actually my take on the yin yang concept.) I have 4. :)

    Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful and "impish" post! You can see the mischief in their eyes! Have a grand day! Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather can really do a number on lawn ornaments. I agree with you ...wait until cooler weather for the repair. Our hot weather is here early...its hazy..hot n humid for the next 3 days...HEAT WAVE! BTW...feel free to grab my verification button...your more than welcome my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the close ups of these little imps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your elves are all so darling:-) I have a few faeries that are in need of a paint job and will try to get at them in the next couple of weeks. I just took them out of storage this past weekend and that's when I noticed some were in need of a little TLC.

    Hope your day is a good one, dear Anni! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What delightful elves! I love that very first shot.

    Thank you for visiting my blog and for your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are impishly cute! I'm sure they will be even cuter when their make-up is restored!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightful little elves you have there~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great little elves - so impish looking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Memorial Day Anni
    I know one thing your artistic eye will have them twice a beautiful when you are finished.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anni, what delightful creatures. I can't wait to see them when you have them repaired and painted. Of course I know you will do a great job.

    Tip: When you get them finished, spray them with clear coat, which can be purchased at Ho*me Depot. Do this every spring and fall after cleaning and they will stay like new.

    Enjoy your day. It's a hot one here as well. About 90F.

    Drop over to my Writing Nook if you have a chance and see what your post from yesterday inspired me to post.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your imps are very cute Anni!

    Happy Macro Monday

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun shots. I like the impishness of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hehehe this makes me smile ^_^

    Macro Monday

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you and your elves took the time to drop by for a visit. I am always glad to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These guys are adorable. I'd like to see them when you're done.
    Lots of rain here, and now way too hot for May!
    Yanks did their job well today!
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such cute little guys. Weather is sure hard on things. I'll bet you have them "spruced up" in no time. Have a nice week. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. They have such lovely faces!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't believe it's so hot already. We're just now starting to get a bit warm. It's supposed to get into the high 80s by the end of the week - too warm too fast for the snow melt to be safe.

    ReplyDelete

.