“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






A cappella...


CLICK HERE to Join

...a meme where you match photos to song lyrics

Song You Tube Link: HERE


Away out here they got a name
For rain and wind and fire
The rain is Tess,





the fire Jo,





And they call the wind Mariah





Song: Mariah...They Call the Wind Mariah [from musical Paint Your Wagon]. Note: I sang this in High School...a cappella with choir. Fun, fun, fun. I have a picture of us as a group, singing this during an assembly. Someday, I'll get my high school books out and scan me singing the song.


PHOTO CREDITS: Two rain photos [one over one of the city's golf courses and the other over Corpus Christi Beach] The fire photos...a floating rose candle flame, and a sunset from our backyard. The wind: Palm tree fronds bending in wind, and ME spreadin' my wings [trying to fly but unsuccessful] in the wind at the air show. LOL

- - -

Today, is Erik's birthday...39th! Whoa....where does the time go?!!!!
Happy Birthday Son
[he begins his two week vacation today....I ask of his safe journey to a foreign land.]

17 comments :

  1. The sunset shot is simply awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Erik!
    I like your pictures today - looks like quite a wind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 39th B-day Erik!!!

    Anni I love this song....just heard it on the radio the other day. Your pictures are perfect for the song too!! Well done!!
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are always beautiful and your song choices perfect! Happy birthday and safe travels to your wonderful son!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those rain photos look like what we had last night and we got 2" of rain and still raining.
    I will not complain about the moisture as we need it with this sandy soil. I just want some warmer days!!
    I love the photo of you spreading your wings. Cute.
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to Erik! Time does fly, especially when we see our children all grown up! I do love your meme, matching lyrics to photos! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always loved this song, Anni, and I know someone whose parents didn't give her a middle name at birth, letting her choose one herself instead, and she chose the name Mariah.
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to Erik! Don't you hate it that every time our kids have a birthday it makes US look older??? lol

    Loved the pictures you used for the song! You really did look like you were about to fly away in that last one! hehe Such a great idea to use a floating candle in a wine glass! I have a vintage wine glass that's on its own and I always wonder what I'm going to do with it...now I know:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anni-would be cool to see your old pictures from school! :) Hey-I remember this song best by The Kingston Trio in the early 60s! Always liked it!



    Junie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, here I am again finally. It's been well over a week. Crazy week we've had!

    Love the pictures to the song. We've had a lot more wind around here this spring than I like at all. Don't like wind!!

    Where is Eric going on his vacation?

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about this post! I truly do love that song!

    J

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look fantastic. Fly fly fly, fly across the ocean to me.

    Thanks for linking me. I have been doing TTH Song early and when I had done that, it was too early.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Erik!

    This is my favorite song from the movie, at least the one I remember best. Great photos to illustrate it Anni, I especially like the second one with the seagull in flight.

    Happy TTS!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Anni ~~ Lovely photos - as usual on your blog. Happy birthday to your son Erik. My baby will be 50 this year, makes one feel old.
    Thank you so much for your comments on my brother's updates - he lies about 1000 miles
    away, but he did well from what my sons told him.
    Thanks also for your comments on My Home at Last
    post. I went for a 2 day procedure and got home 4 weeks later, so I will never do that again.
    Thank you for your messages of well wishes etc. I do thank you dear friend. Much love, Merle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great shots, love all that wind, looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that song!!! Stormy, windy weather over a lot of the country these days. Beautiful sunset--doesn't get any prettier than that! How did our children get that old--- never thought it would happen!!! Have a wonderful weekend. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete

.