my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



Zoom Zoom...


[click HERE to join]


CAMERA CRITTERS

Note: I also added some exceptional photos [if I say so myself] of hummingbirds from our back yard on my photo blog, Colors of the Wind....HERE
the link will open in a new window/tab.










- - -<><><>- - -


WEEKEND FUNNIES



A farmer, upset with his low yield of eggs, decided to go to town to buy a fresh rooster who could liven things up a bit with his hens. The man at the supply store told him he wished he could help, but all he had was this incredible randy rooster. "But that's just what I need!" the farmer said. The store owner said, "Not this rooster, he's trouble. I've never seen anything so horny." But the farmer insisted and eventually took the rooster home on the condition that he wouldn't ever return it. Once home, the rooster jumped into the hen house and nailed every hen repeatedly until they were all exhausted and nearly dead. Undaunted, the rooster hopped the fence and got in with the ducks, repeating the scene with the hens and wiping out all the ducks. He then leaped another fence and proceeding to nail all the geese. This continued for three days until all the farm birds that were left alive lay gasping. The farmer found the rooster prostrate in the middle the yard, with buzzards circling overhead. "Serves you right." said the farmer, at which point the rooster rose, pointed overhead, winked, and said, "Shhhhhhhhh."

- - -

...and tying in to the joke above, I share this one:

A farmer with lots of chickens posted the following sign. "Free Chickens. Our Coop Runneth Over."

- - -

When I found this one, the first person I thought of was Willie Nelson...didn't he promote 'natural gas'...methane? [maybe it was fuel made from corn] Oh what the heck...I still thought it was funny enough to share:




17 comments :

  1. I visited your photo blog and enjoyed the hummingbird shots.
    I love the jokes today! Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anni, I love your pretty hummingbirds. Great funnies too. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anni you made us smile big time today.
    Beautiful hummer photos and funny stories.
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect photo of the little hummingbird--such a treat when they come around. Love your rooster story--too funny. Have a nice weekend. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stoppin' by from camera critters. - Those are exceptional shots, I agree!
    I need to put a hummingbird on my wish list - never have been able to see one that I could get a photo of! Yours are neat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know whether bio-diesel was Willie's first promoted fuel but he has promoted it--we use it in our cars..Hubs makes it with used veggie or soy oil. It's awesome! We don't pay for gas!

    You're right, the pictures are exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the photos are really adorable!!

    great funny stories, too!

    I love your blog. :)

    happy weekend!
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Anni, you are too funny! Love the hummingbirds here and on your other blog. Good stuff! (And oboy, have I got a TTT coming up next week.)
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I've never seen a hummingbird - such pretty colours and what an amazing sheen on their feathers.

    And that second joke is EXACTLY the kind of pun I would make. I can hear people groaning already :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your humour is great!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your hummingbirds and the funnies!! haven't been around much, spending much time on twit*ter... happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Annie I just love humming birds!! I really like all birds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent shots of hummingbirds. They fascinate me since we don't have them in New Zealand. They're very hard to photograph. BTW both hubby and I chuckled at the rooster joke.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha, love your funnies, especially the cartoon.
    We don't have Hummingbirds here so it is always so good to see creatures from the other side of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent shots of the hummingbirds. I could watch them for hours.

    My Camera Critters is at:

    http://rnsane.blogspot.com/2011/04/camera-critters-160-barcelona-cutie.html#links

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful shots.

    Butterfly and Wasp, have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your little hummers. They haven't gotten here yet, and I LOVE that gas joke. Too bad I don't have a cow!
    Another good game today. Do you get to see them?
    B.

    ReplyDelete

.