my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Two'fer One today---


Click HERE to Join

...a meme where you match photos to song lyrics
PETER COTTONTAIL Link [by Gene Autry] click HERE
EASTER PARADE Link [Bing Crosby] click HERE




Here comes Peter Cottontail
Hoppin' down the bunny trail
Hippity hoppity', Easter's on its way


Bringin' every girl and boy
Baskets full of Easter joy
Things to make your Easter bright and gay


He's got jelly beans for Tommy
Colored eggs for sister Sue
There's an orchid for your mommy
And an Easter bonnet too


Oh! Here comes Peter Cottontail
Hoppin' down the bunny trail
Hippity hoppity, happy Easter Day


- - - -

Never saw you look quite so pretty before
Never saw you dressed quite so lovely what's more
I could hardly wait to keep our date this lovely Easter morning
And my heart beat fast as I came through the door
For...

In your Easter Bonnet, with all the frills upon it
You'll be the grandest lady in the Easter parade


- - -

...yep, Easter's on it's WAY!!!




PETER COTTONTAIL Link [by Gene Autry] click HERE
EASTER PARADE Link [Bing Crosby] click HERE

Photo Credit: All of the above are knick-knacks and decorations placed around our house on tables, mantel, hutch. Easter Baskets [photos 1 & 2], Easter egg Bunny candy dish filled with frosted jelly beans [photo #3], Easter Bunny with Bonnet cookie jar and Easter Egg Salt/Pepper shakers [photo #4]. photos 5, 6, and 7...top to bottom are walking Easter Duck on mantel, Easter Egg Cup Collection on hutch, and silver candle holders holding pink Easter Basket candles...along side with resin Mr. and Mrs. Cottontail on mantel.

21 comments :

  1. What a great collection of Easter bits n pieces you have.

    Have a great Easter Weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hyvää Pääsiäistä Sinulle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang it. I totally forgot that it was Easter this weekend so i suppose I'm going to get rotten eggs in my basket...pffft just what I need. Now on to bigger and better things...this is perfect. I love all the photos and those songs...geez I haven't heard them since well...if I tell ya you'll know how ancient I am so I'm taking the 5th...Send in Judge Judy...I know. Happy Easter and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. now i'm REALLY looking forward to easter, lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are just so darn creative!! Our homes resemble each others. I just LOVE decorating for the holidays. Sadley, I won't be home for Easter, so no decorating by me. So I'll just enjoy yours!!!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I love hearing from you!!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Debbie's Travels

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do such a good job of decorating! I like all your egg cups and that little candy dish is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. chocolate chocolate and more chocolate. Happy Easter.

    I am told that you don't have holidays on Easter Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Easter! We will be singing this song today in daycare! The kids do not know the song, I couldn't believe it! Oh well, today they may hate it after I sing it! HEHE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a great Easter collection Annie!! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute series! This sounds like a complicated and challenging meme!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL Anni two great minds think a like!!! I love all of your knick knacks and Easter decorations!! Your house is hopping with fun.

    I love Gene Autry!! B and I are members of the Western Movie Preservation Society here in Raleigh. The 3rd Thursday of each month we meet and watch western movies. Tonight's movie is Rawhide with Smith Ballew and Lou Gehrig and Marshall of Laredo with Bill Elliott as Red Ryder. Good times.
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the photos, thanks for sharing and the visit. May you have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How Eastery! Those are all such great items in your collection. :)

    Happy Easter!

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww....look at all your precious Easter decorations! So pretty! A wonderful collection indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have not heard those songs in forever.
    You sure do come up with some great ideas girl.
    I hope that you have a Happy Easter.
    I love the egg cup collections. Where do you put all of your holiday when it is over?
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Anni ~~ A HEADS UP about our mutual blogging friend, Merle. She is in the Melbourne (Aus) Hospital ICU. She went for kidney stone zapping but has now encountered other problems.

    Her blog is (easier from your 'Friend list' if you still keep one):
    http://merle-3rdtimelucky.blogspot.com/

    I would have e-mailed you but I realize I don't have your address. Jim
    ..
    BTW, our youngest granddaughter is riding a carousel painted horse on my current blog.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such adorable Easter decorations you have, dear Anni. Love the look on that little yellow chick's face! lol He really seemed to be singing the song:-) Your egg cup collection is terrific and I've been looking for unusual ones for you whenever I go shopping but nothing special has jumped out at me. I'll keep looking though!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. so cute...happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Anni, I love all your Easter decorations. The little duck made me laugh, he is a cutie! Great song choices, I'm going to be humming Here Comes Peter Cottontail all weekend now.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Annie, Love all your Easter decorations--so much fun to decorate for a special day. Two of my favorite songs (ones you don't hear often), so thanks for that treat. Have a wonderful Easter weekend. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a cheery post to bring a smile to my lips! Thank you! I am esp. partial to the egg cup collection, how neat! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

.