my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




It's the BEES Knees!!


[click HERE to join]


CAMERA CRITTERS

Camera Critters and Misty Dawn celebrate THREE Years!! Congratulations.


Mason Wasp


- - -

Last week, when it was put to us on suggestions of celebrating three years with Camera Critters, some mentioned to pick our 'favorite' from our own posts on C C. Well, that proved to be more difficult to choose just one than I anticipated. But, from the time I began participating to today, I CHOOSE THIS ONE as MY FAVORITE: THE THINKER

click on link above thumbnail to view larger

- - -<><><>- - -

WEEKEND FUNNIES





Y'all know the vocal group, Bee Gees', right? Well, in case you didn't know this, their #1 song was Stay in the Hive!! :::groan::: In Paul Harvey's words: "Now you know, the rest of the story."

- - -


Dr. Reginald P. Chalmondley-Warner, the world's foremost authority on wasps was walking past an Oxfam shop when an item on display caught his eye. It was a recording of Wasp Sounds. Excitedly he went into the shop and introduced himself to the assistant.

"Hello", he said "I am Dr. Reginald P. Chalmondley-Warner the world's foremost authority on wasps and I an interested in the the LP you have for sale in the window. Would you mind playing the first track for me?"

"Certainly, Sir" replied the assistant, and proceeded to play the requested track.
A puzzled look came over Dr. Reginald P. Chalmondley-Warner's face as he listened.
"I am Dr. Reginald P. Chalmondley-Warner the world's foremost authority on wasps and I'm quite sure something is wrong. That is not a wasp. Would you please play the second track for me?"

The assistant duly put on the second track.
Once again a puzzled look came over Dr. Reginald P. Chalmondley-Warner's face.
"I am Dr. Reginald P. Chalmondley-Warner the world's foremost authority on wasps and now I'm certain that something is wrong. That is most certainly not a wasp. Would you please play the third track for me?"

The assistant obliged him once more.
The look of puzzlement changed to one of annoyance on the Dr.'s face.
"I am Dr. Reginald P. Chalmondley-Warner the world's foremost authority on wasps and I can categorically state that none of those tracks were wasp sounds. Are you trying to make a fool of me young man?"
"Certainly not, Sir, let me check the record again".
"Ooops. My mistake. That was the 'B' side"

15 comments :

  1. works for me. I hope that you are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!!! My mother will love this one too! I'll have to call her and share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hootin'!
    Paul Harvey was always good at adding in the Bose plug. Wonder if they're out of business now.

    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good capture of a scary wasp :)

    http://fotochip.blogspot.com/2011/04/very-windy.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool closeup of the wasp. I enjoyed the post, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny......I like my Peaches with the skin on too..just wash them off with a little warm water and bite in letting the juice run down my chin, catching it with a napkin of course.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photo of the wasp!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your favorite :) and that wasp is something else. :) Paul Harvey...one of a kind :) Have a great Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anni.... How in the world are you doing today? I really rather walk outside too. And Hubby and I will probably do about half and half. There is a nice trail behind the mall that connects to several other trails. Once the EYDD (evil yellow dust of the devil) aka pollen clears up we'll take the trails. The pine pollen is so heavy now we can nearly write out names on the car. LOL

    I had a glass of wine it caused a nightmare..I dreamed about work. Maybe once my officiall retirement reception (April 5) is over I won't dream about work any more.
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful shot although I don't like wasp hehehe!

    My Critters, come and see. Have A LOVELY WEEKEND!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not partial to wasps here - but I can handle them on a photo, lol! Funny story!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funny post, and love the pic of the wasp.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Groan...that was the B side! LOL Thanks for the giggle, I must remember to tell mom this one:-)

    I remember your photo "the thinker", he really does look like he was doing some heavy thinking. lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete

.