“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






...I know what happiness is!!


Click button to Join

...a meme where you match photos to song lyrics






Daylight

See the dew on the sunflower
And a rose that is fading
Roses whither away

Like the sunflower
I yearn to turn my face to the dawn
I am waiting for the day . . .

Midnight

Not a sound from the pavement
Has the moon lost her memory?
She is smiling alone
In the lamplight
The withered leaves collect at my feet
And the wind begins to moan

Memory
All alone in the moonlight
I can smile at the old days
I [she-my mom] was beautiful then

I remember the time I knew what happiness was

Let the memory live again
.....

Look
A new day has begun





FROM THE BROADWAY MUSICAL "CATS" Link to Memory [incredible artwork]

PHOTO CREDIT: Top to bottom: Sunrise over Newport Beach Access Road [sand dunes] - Patented "Tamora Rose" in our yard - Our city skyline at night - My mom in the late 30's - Me, in Hawai'i - "A new day has begun" over the Gulf of Mexico [Mustang Island]


PS....MOM, over at Madi and Mom's place is working her LAST day before calling it quits...permanently. Go over and wish her a happy retirement beginning April 1st. Well, actually her happy days begin this afternoon when she 'punches the clock' for the last time.

15 comments :

  1. OMG HA It's a good thing you had the link in there. I was clueless to this song until the minute it started to play. Then I knew immediately what it was. It's not that I need to know the song because it's the lyrics that the photos go with and you did it perfect. But I love to sing along in my on brain and see the pictures with the lyrics. LOL You did well my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops Crap...mine will be up after midnight my time. I've decided since coming back if a meme is on Thursday, by gosh it's going to post on Thursday or whatever day of the week it is. I can't tell you how many times I read Sunday Stealing and it's still Saturday morning here LOL And believe me I know it aint Sunday where it posted. And I'm just using that as an example. Problem with all of this is my linking up. I'm always late now but oh well. Such is life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O I love Cats The Musical. Beautiful photo representation of the song :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anni thank you for the shout out!!! I really and truly cannot believe I'm retiring. Madi's Dad told me he and Madi had a serious talk this morning and they have a plan.....LOL

    Memory is one of those songs that makes me stop what I'm doing to listen....thank you for sharing it today and reminding me of it.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was great Anni! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love that Sound Track and your Pics even more!!!!!

    Thank you for sharing- YOU!!!

    John

    ReplyDelete
  7. Remember that movie well! Love your special photos! That Tamora rose is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking I didn't know this song, till I heard it. Of course I knew it then! Love the photos. Your wildflower pictures on the previous post are gorgeous too - they make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poignant song and a lovely post.
    Rosie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely, Anni, just lovely!
    -- K

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos and a great song. I think someone else mentioned this above but I didn't remember the song until the track started.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love that song and can listen to it over and over again. In fact, I'm listening to the video for the second time as I type this! lol You found the perfect pictures to go with the words and that picture of you and your mom when you were a little girl...precious!

    Hey, it's 39F here at the moment...impressed? lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photos--the skies are lovely. Those clouds are amazing. Such a nice post--love the words to Memories. Have a great weekend. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, I just had to sing it and let me tell you with my Bronchitis and sinus infection, it wasn't pretty...but no problem, only me and Smokey here....I forgot to say in my last comment: My granddaughter in Midland turns 14 today..another April Fool's Day Birthday....Happy Birthday, Irene!
    You look a lot like your Mom.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete

.