“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Sorry 'bout the poo in the powder blue!! But...


[click to join]



CAMERA CRITTERS



...with the camera's zoom it picks up just about anything and everything. While driving back from Padre Island this past Thursday morning ---there is a particular area on the causeway where an osprey is occasionally seen. Thursday it was perched on the street light as I rounded a curve. I pulled over and took the camera out and looked through the windshield and snapped away. So, it's a bit blurred [that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it] ---anyway it will be a bit more clear if you embiggen it. If I woulda pulled up alongside him and opened my window he would have been flying off by the time I focused.




- - -<><><>- - -


WEEKEND FUNNIES

THIS IS TRUE!!!!
In...
Texarkana [on the border of Texas and Arkansas]
    Owners of horses may not ride them at night without tail lights


In...
Houston Texas
    Beer may not be purchased after midnight on a Sunday, but it may be purchased on Monday.


In...
the entire state of Texas
    When two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone.


You know you're in Texas, on a hot summer day, when...
    You see two trees fighting over a dog.


When IN Texas visiting us...
    DO NOT try to tell us how to Bar-B-Q. This could lead to permanent expulsion and revocation of your work visa. Consider yourself just damn lucky that we let you come down here in the first place. Don't push your luck!



...last but not least, this is a serious privacy offense in my opinion. Did you know that each and every driver in the U.S. that has been issued a driver's license in their state can be viewed by ANYone with computer access?!!! You know how I am about privacy issues. This scares the heck outta me. If you click on this link url I've provided you can type in your name and state, the site will search and then you [or anyone] can then see your personal stats [height, weight, birthday and photo ID, etc.] Once it's loaded you can click the option to disable it from being viewed by others! I immediately went and searched for me, it came up but with all those using this site, it may be slow and there is another link to use which I clicked on and it came up a lot quicker that way, and I opted out. Privacy issues these days are few and far between.

Here is the link: THIS IS NOT RIGHT!!!




PS:
Shadow has commented that my blog's background went 'belly up' on the server and all she could see was frogs with the domain registration disabled. So, I moved my images and redid it a bit. Hope that helped!!

20 comments :

  1. if the case of the light,wwhat goes in one has to come out the other one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, I could have written that rule about two trains meeting, etc. That's the way I think! (Not really). Haven't been here in a long time. Glad to visit you. Random quickie photos are real interesting, often prize winners. Nice blog, good content--you always were good about that!
    PEACE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. anni? something up... a 'domain unregisted blah blah' with a frog in an ice cube AAAALLLL over the background, and it's real hard to read your post. do you perhaps know what this is????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sighting of the Osprey, Anni! I enjoyed your funnies this week too. It is scary about people being to view your drivers license and I agree it is not right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shadow I'm not sure about this, but I can see my rose background and header. Maybe there was a glitch in the image hosting at the time you visited? dunno.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That poo is so funny... wow that is not good about the license. I did not see the link to go do that! Oh nevermind I do see it now ☺☺☺
    Have a great day my friend
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very FUNNY!!!! LOL LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey anni, nope, the frogs are still around...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shadow Okay...I hope you can see anything but frogs now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here I was getting all aggravated by the thought of viewing licenses online. You got me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a HOOT! That was pretty funny.. I think that I have seen it before but I fell for it again!

    Have a good weekend......

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh goodness, these rules are funny!

    Love the osprey shot too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool picture! Very funny funnies! And very scary stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, and BTW - thanks again for the kind words - about my brain ability. Helps me!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OOPS!!!! And I've even seen that one before. My bad!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous!

    Camera Critter Post at my page. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anni? I'm gonna smack you for making me fall for that driver's license thingie! LOL Too funny!!

    Also funny are those Texas laws. Really, you have to put tail lights on horses??? I don't know if I should believe you or not! lol

    Great shot of that Osprey...we all know how big street lights are so seeing that Osprey on it makes you realize how big those birds are!!! A normal bird would look teeny on it.

    Love your St. Patrick's Day decor. Hoping to get my background and header changed tomorrow. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anni, Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I'm so pleased you did as I have now followed you back here to your wonderful blog, your pictures, both camera shots and drawings are wonderful, very inspiring!

    This blog feels like a refreshing calmness, probably all the nature shots, I will be following you to see and read more.

    ReplyDelete

.