my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Somewhere down in Texas.....


Click button to Join

...a meme where you match photos to song lyrics



I been on the road now dang near all my life:
An' I do love to sing a song.
I can say I've worked hard, put in my time:


Now it's time to go home.
And catch up on my chores:
Watch the sunset from my porch.



I'll be somewhere down in Texas if you're lookin' for me,
Drinkin' in that great wide-open: soakin' up the summer breeze.
Kickin' back an' settled in with my family.
I'll be somewhere down in Texas if you`re lookin' for me.




That's where I got started, where I was born an` bred:
It's the fire inside of me.
I couldn't have imagined this Texas highway led,



Far beyond my wildest dreams.
But I'll turn out the lights tonight,



An' say goodnight, but not goodbye.
I'll be somewhere down in Texas if you`re lookin' for me.







PHOTOS: Top to bottom - Me, working in the office 1966 - Sunset from our back patio in Corpus Christi - The JFK Causeway Intercoastal Highway from Padre Island - Entering Texas Road Sign - and last, one of our living room lamps [Winston on the arm of the sofa]
SONG: I'll Be Somewhere Down in Texas [You Tube Link] - George Strait

17 comments :

  1. ...just perfect anni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. watched from TV newss that it snowed in Texas. I hope your "homecoming" wasn't snowed under.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I love me some George Strait!!!
    What a beautiful picture of you too Anni!!!

    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing that it's even a possibility for you! We've had frigid temps here and they've called off school for two days - hopefully not today, since it's supposed to get back up to 30. But right now it's -4. Being from northern Minnesota, it seems ridiculous to me, but apparently they worry about kids getting frostbite at the bus stop when their parents don't make sure they're dressed properly. Ridiculous! Well, that's enough of my soapbox for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your post i have family and friends in the Dallas Ft worth area. glad you didn't get snow great photos. your words/poem is very good you have a way with words, that a compliment. take care rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard on the news about the cold and snow hitting TX also.
    I loved that photo of JFK hwy.
    I love that song by GS. OH--I just love any song he has out!!!
    Do you live anywhere close to him by chance???
    Have a great day and do stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon No, don't live 'close' to him...tho, the last time I read he had a ranch in San Marcos, Texas just outside [north of] San Antonio...San Antonio is about 125 miles from me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're enjoying +5C this morning! Sorry that you're getting yucky weather your way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting post. Thanks for sharing.

    All the best, Boonie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice tribute to Texas, and I enjoyed those pictures - especially the one of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had the same haircut than you, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful photo of you!
    And the rest match the song perfectly... love the sunset :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this, your new look is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, weren't you cute in 1966? (So was I, come to think of it. LOL)
    The perfect song for you, Anni.
    -- K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Anni, I really enjoyed both of these posts so much. Great job! We were in San Antonio last January and it was so cold; but it was also a fluke. Take care and stay warm,

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. George Strait...yummmmm! lol Loved the photos you used to go with the song. That sunset one is breathtaking, could really get used to seeing that every evening:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a nice song, Anni, and the photos are great. There are plenty of Texas songs and some some ones about my home - Georgia...and lots about my residence for the last 34 years, the San Francisco area. I love it here though, occasionally, I do miss the South, especially in the spring when the dogwoods and azaleas are in bloom.

    ReplyDelete

.