my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


One of the top songs from 1949---


Click button to Join

...a meme where you match photos to song lyrics




From PopCultureMadness, I checked this morning for the most popular songs of the year 1949, since I celebrated 62 years yesterday. One I recognized was Les Brown's "I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm"...written by Irving Berlin.


My heart's on fire, the flame grows higher


So I will weather the storm!
What do I care how much it may storm?


Oh, I've got my love to keep me warm...




Photos: Top- Valentine's Day Mantel in our home this year. Middle- my home state and the area I grew up in [this was taken this past winter, by my niece - she still lives up there] ...see? Now you know why I dislike snow as I got older. Can you imagine getting kids ready for school...or getting to work with this. Not to mention getting out of the driveway to the state highways. Bottom- Two tigers in love. On the coffee table this year.
You Tube Song Link


---<><><>---

And on this note, I want to thank everyone for their wonderful birthday wishes left here and in my email inbox. You're tops! I was a bit busy being on the phone most of the morning, so I'll try and catch up with y'all today. Thanks again. The local weathermen warned us it was heading our way!!! Even tho the temperature plummeted in just a short few hours, after my sister and I chatted on the phone a long while [as we talked the two of them were getting MORE snow after the beginning of this front, they got another 18 inches of NEW snow] , by the time I hung up finally, Bud was readying to take me to lunch. When we got up yesterday, the temp outdoors was 67 degrees according to our atomic thermometer...that was around 6 a.m. ---around 11:45 it was a whopping 38 degrees and raining. I thought sure 'nough we'd get to the restaurant and the bridge would be closed by the time we were finished eating, and the only other alternative way [since the Port A's ferry on the island usually shuts down in extreme cases] home would be up through Victoria Texas about 90 miles from here; circling around and intersecting with the interstate heading back south to Corpus. Around 1 pm then, it was 36 degrees and still falling....there was a lot of strong 45-60+ mph winds along with the drizzle and going over the bridge it was hectic to say the least....hard to keep the car on the bridge at that speed of wind, and the bridge being so very high. We got over it, Bud wanted to stop and get my gift he had seen the other day and also bought me a small...small! strawberry cake and some vanilla frozen yogurt for dessert last night. The photos I took at the table [Blackbeard's by the Bay], are somewhat blurry, but I thought I'd share anyway. The shrimp? Delectable!! You just can't beat Gulf shrimp...so big, so so sweet!!! Trust me, next year, I'll go back. Tho, I love my shrimp meals...fried, not grilled or blackened, I do know it's very high in cholesterol, so I make it a special effort to enjoy it on my birthday. Oh and the gift was a really cute dazzling, twisted-double-heart necklace and earrings. I will show it on Valentine's Day; it's a gift for my birthday AND Valentine's Day. [he bought me something else, but I will wait and show that, too, at a later time]

13 comments :

  1. Enjoyed this post, congrats on the nice gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had a nice birthday, but what crazy weather! It's hard to deal with temperature changes that happen so fast!
    It's really cold here again - 7 degrees right now, but it's supposed to get above freezing this weekend. I'm looking forward to that - it's been a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The biggest bunch of Happy Birthday wishes being sent to you from me!

    Oh boy... look at that shrimp! A favorite of mine.

    Can't wait to see that special gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anni great post....so many beautiful big band sounds and vocalist!!!

    I'm one month older than you and next year I think I might join you for a delicious lunch at your favorite spot. Good news is this is the last birthday that I will be a working girl.
    Happy Thursday,
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to make a visit to the gulf one of these days... I have never been there... I love shrimp but not the kind you buy in Wal-Mart. When I lived in Taiwan many years ago we would go to this little place to eat (not cleared by the base) and eat stuffed shrimp! OMG..... I had no idea what they stuffed it with ( and do not care to know) but I can still taste them! YUM!!!!

    I love all the red on your blog..it is my favorite color.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an amazing drop in temperature in a short time! What a crazy year.

    The shrimp looks luscious - as you know from a recent post, it's the only seafood I really like.

    Sounds like you had a great birthday - love the song you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that song! Your decorations are wonderful as well.
    Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday seeing that you had "your love to keep you warm." :)

    Mine's up and on Carletta's Captures

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anni,

    This is a delightful post for Thursday Theme Song! (and this is a new, fun meme to get into!)

    PS-Sorry I missed your B'day! :( I don't get around as much as I once did!


    Junie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!!! You were born the same year as my hubby...the shrimp looks great..

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday despite the nasty weather. I was reading and I thought you were going to tell us you had to stay home.
    I can't wait to see the birthday gift it sounds wonderful.
    have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anni, it sounds like you had a great birthday and didn't let the cold rainy weather spoil it. Those shrimp look delicious, I miss having shrimp fresh from the gulf.

    Looking forward to seeing your birthday/Valentine's Day gift.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still feel like such a ditz that I forgot your birthday...sigh! The days are running by me and I'm not sure where they're going. lol Sounds like you had a lovely day and I think you deserved to eat whatever you wanted on your birthday:-) Can't wait to see what Bud gave you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did you have a birthday? Did I miss it? Well, happy happy and many more!
    "I've got my Love to keep me Warm" is a fine thought this cold February.
    -- K

    ReplyDelete

.