my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Done! It's all done. Finally....


[CLICK BUTTON TO JOIN]


SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY



As Ricky Ricardo once said "Lucy? You got a lotta 'splainin' to do". Okay, so let me explain a little bit. The first photo I'm adding to the whole picture of the scheme of things in attempting to get the perfect picture. I'm walking up, looking through the camera's viewfinder, readying myself to take a photo of the cabbagehead jellyfish with a most unusual shadow for today....not paying attention to the tide...well, while snapping the shutter I was also running back in order to not get my feet wet. The gulf water temperature is 50 degrees!!! I managed to NOT get wet, but the photo is blurred. Someone once said, if at first you don't succeed suck 'til you get some seed try, try, again. I did. I waited for the tide to wash back out, and got this photo...much better. Shadow and all----





- - -<><><>- - -


SUNDAY'S SUMMARY

...it only took me since last October to get it done!!


I put a contract out on him! LOL....Ummmm, in all reality, I asked Bud to make me a frame again. Of course he obliged if he knew what was good for him. [I'm on a roll!] I had an old wooden frame that would work for my witch watercolor painting that I had planned on refinishing it, but it needed a bit of something to make it more unique. I wanted the old frame to be 3-D this time. So, I needed a piece of plywood to use as backing. Bud started cutting...The reason the board is stained a deck gray already is for the fact that at first it was just a 'square' cut. After looking at it, we both decided it needed 'more dimension'...so, Bud cut zig-zag along the edges.Once that was finished, I added my frame that I painted...a muted night sky purple and added a coat of varnish with sparkles [hopefully the sparkle of stars in the sky during her Halloween Night Flight]. We marked it center, Bud drilled holes through the gray plywood and then marked the purple frame to coincide with the holes he had just drilled. After that, I cleaned the glass and added my painting and put the proper backing on the back of the framed watercolor. And then, outdoors went I with the gray frame back piece, with my handy dandy can of satin gloss spray varnish and prepared to spray the finishing. After an afternoon of drying complete, I added everything; Bud screwed it all together. Once it was all tight and sturdy, I added the proper eye hooks at the back and strung the frame wire. [the photo is kinda blurry, sorry, it was taken in the garage with little lighting, and the flash didn't go off as it should have] She's ready for FLIGHT #1031 in October!!



24 comments :

  1. Wow, what a great shadow shot. The world is full of amazing creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shadow shot for the day is awesome, Annie!! Glad you hung around! Hope you have a great weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That jellyfish picture is pretty cool! The witch picture turned out really nice in the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shots!

    Come and See my Shadow Shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks fantastic Anni .. you're very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anni,

    The jellyfish looks like a crystal!

    Nice job on the Hootin Witch Project.

    Have a great weekend,

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so darn talented!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anni, that witch is beautiful, (but that doesn't sound right). Okay, that frame of the Witch picture is beautiful! I've never seen a Cabbagehead Jellyfish. It sort of looks like a translucent frog carcass. Good job.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  10. If there is an award for the most unusual shadow shot, then it should go to you this week!

    A SEEKER OF SHADOWS

    A seeker of shadows one day
    Asked shadows to come out and play:
    “O shadows, my dears,
    Despite all my fears,
    I hope you will not run away.”


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Shadowy Humility

    ReplyDelete
  11. goodness, I've never seen any jellyfish remotely like that! Ours are the big dome shaped unfriendly looking ones. And you got stars! and the most amazing shadow. Well done. Hope your birthday was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the shadow of the JF!

    My Shadow Shot, hope you can take a peek!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your cabbagehead jellyfish shadow shot! And the story behind the photo made me giggle. Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow! That jellyfish is amazing! Look how the light looks like tiny stars! :) Well done on persevering - certainly paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very unique photo. The first picture may be a bit blurry, but it actually gives a bit of mystery to it. The second photo is Awesome!!! I've never seen a jellyfish like that. It is very cool and the shadows make it even better. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That second shot is much better! Fabulous even!

    http://fredamans.blogspot.com/2011/02/shadow-shot_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not too sure about the jellyfish - but I love your witch!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are such a funny girl *LOL*
    I would like being much better writhing english, but I just enjoy your words :-D

    Have a great week, Anni

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous....and the frame is perfect....I'm in awe of your artistic talent!!
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh that Jelly Fish is ugly.
    But I love what you did with your Witchy Girl.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am picturing you running backwards trying to keep your feet dry and trying to get a good picture. I would have probably fallen in the water and ruined my camera! And sprained my ankle in the process. Good shot!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would never have considered jellyfish as candidates for shadow shots, Anni. Just gorgeous, however. Wonderful shadow!
    -- K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooooh, that frame is exactly what your witch picture needed, it's perfect! You and Bud work so well together:-)

    What a terrific picture of the jellyfish. I've never seen one in real life but I do know that it's not something you want to step on! lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete

.