my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Clara...the pink hippo----


Click button to Join

...a meme where you match photos to song lyrics




I thought love was only true in fairy tales.



Meant for someone else but not for me.
Love was out to get me; that's the way it seemed.
Disappointment haunted all my dreams.


Then I saw her face,


Now I'm a believer.
Without a trace of doubt in my mind.
I'm in love, I'm a believer, I couldn't leave her if I tried.



I thought love was more or less a given thing.
It seems the more I gave the less I got.
What's the use of trying; all you get is pain.
When I needed sunshine...


I got rain!



Then I saw her face


Now I'm a believer.
Without a trace of doubt in my mind.
I'm in love, I'm a believer, I couldn't leave her if I tried.

Love was out to get me.
That's the way it seemed.
Disappointment haunted all my dreams...

Then I saw her face.


Now I'm a believer.
Without a trace of doubt in my mind.
I'm in love, I'm a believer, I couldn't leave her if I tried.




SONG BY THE MONKEES [I'm a Believer] video LINK

PHOTOS: Top to bottom...book of Grimm's Fairy Tales - Stuffed Pink Hippo [named Clara] - Sunrise on the Beach - After a storm [on the beach] - Clara and Clara.

14 comments :

  1. oh that face!!!! gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun one today! Love Clara - love that song too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU. ARE. SO. LUCKY. TO. LIVE. THERE! I'd love to be stand righting there, feeling the warm [er than here] wind rip through my hair and the spray on my face...deep sigh. Yet that surf looks scary! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I love it I'm up on my feet shaking my booty!!! I loved the Monkeys!!!

    We asked several folks in AK about the yellow tree. We were told it is called Golden Chain. It was in Ketchikan and absolutely beautiful. All of my AK pictures were taken with my first digital...I was a complete novice the camera did all the work. If you have an opportunity to travel to AK GO!!!
    We left May 19-31. Took a 4 day land tour then down to Whitter to board the Dawn Princess for a 7 day cruise down the Inside passage.

    Speaking of traveling YOU ARE FROM Silverton!! We might be picking your brain. ONe of our retirement trips will hopefully
    Golden/Silverton area. Hubby is a BIG train brain.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. M & M No, I'm not from Silverton, but I've been there many-a-summers!! It's still one of my favorite areas of Colorado in the high country. I'll email you about it in a bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anni...
    I believe the email you sent went to my att address. I'll look forward to reading it tonight. I have a yahoo address attached to my blog...
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so funny, Anni! I love that song. One time I won a CD off the radio for knowing that Neil Diamond wrote it. I'm going to have to get my act together and participate in this someday soon ... it looks like so much fun.

    Have a great weekend!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anni, I love your new page, the roses are awesome. Cute share today ... have missed you.

    TTFN ~
    Have a beautiful day ~
    Huggers,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, Clara is adorable! When I saw that face I was a believer. The Monkees were my favorites years ago, I had such a crush on Mickey Dolenz.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your shots of the crashing waves, I can almost hear the roar. It must have been fun to watch the dolphins play and seeing the calves, that's exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am such a fan of the Monkees (Davey Jones was SUCH a cutie!)...and this song bought back fun memories.

    And, seriously, who could resist Clara??!!

    Great choice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL - I love the hippo, Anni, and although it hurts to say it, I liked the song. The Monkees made out alright for a group put together just for a TV show, didn't they?
    A very fun choice for TTS, especially for people our age. LOL again.
    -- K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very clever, dear friend. I am way way behind this week, so haven't been over to read. I know I have missed lots of wisdom and fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww one couldn't help but love Clara's face! lol You do realize I've now got that song stuck in my mind? Aaarrrggghhhh!!! Once again you found the perfect pictures to go with the words of a song:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

.