my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Oyster, Oyster, who's got the Oyster?



Click either button to Join




Indian Point Park Pier 1
Between the water and the bushes in the foreground, the shift of what looks like sandbar, is an oyster shell 'bed' -of sorts! [when under water, an oyster bed is where they breed...]
[enlarge it to see the full view...960x720 - it's much prettier, bigger! and you'll be able to see a couple of gulls to the far left on the pier - the white specks in the sand are oyster shells, and oyster clumps along with many broken oyster shells also.]

The above photo was taken weeks and weeks ago. I must confess, for the last three weeks and more [since Christmas Eve day] we've had nothing but drab, dreary, cold and wet days. Except for one when the sun popped out for about a couple of hours and then went back into hiding. Yesterday, being stir crazy and suffering from cabin fever [our daily walks consisted of either NONE at all or being a mall walker with all the rest], so Bud and I said "screw it, let's walk on the beach anyway." Well, the temp was in the low 60s and little to no breeze at all, but the moisture in the air laid heavy with fog as we drove over to the island. About an hour into our walk, the clouds thinned out and WE HAD A SUNNY SUNNY DAY!!! I got some terrific pictures that I'll share ---even a surfer was out riding the waves. Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day!!!!

[5 a.m.] I DID JUST NOW POST A NEW POST of three photos ON MY PHOTO BLOG [link]. Stay tuned for more posted here, there, everywhere...

20 comments :

  1. most excellent! see, just do what you want and the world plays along with you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen an oyster bed before - I actually never knew there was such a thing!
    Glad your day was nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there, anni...love the new template. feelin a whole lotta love here:)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Anni you know the sayin' a rainy day at the beach is better than a sunny day at work!!!
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love oysters... When I was a kid my mom made oyster stew often.
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Hootin' Anni!
    I'm loving your photos!
    Hope you're having a great month and that you had a good laugh last week. Guess who is at an all time high disapproval rating.... heeeheeeheee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just posted to Twitter and Facebook!!
    heeeheehee Thnx for the link Hootin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hootin' Anni1/19/2011

    Harriet You're welcome my fellow Dem. 'wink'

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That's a huge oyster bed. The enlarged photo really shows it well! The sun on the water is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
    Blessings,
    ~Holly

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to take a walk.

    ReplyDelete
  11. very scenic^^ hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a nice sunny scene! Thanks for sharing.If you have time, check out my post here www.adventureswithjessica.blogspot.com . I’m trying really hard to increase my number of followers and could use your help! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh 60 to me I would be getting out the sun tan lotion.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are so good at this blog design..... I would love to know how to create such a nice comment section..... good job girl..

    ReplyDelete
  15. We've had similar weather here. So not fun for taking photos in!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pppfffttttt on your warm temps! lol It's -4F here right now so I'm glad to be inside where it's warm:-)

    How cool is that, an oyster bed. Never seen that before. One of the reasons I love coming to visit you, I learn so many new things:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Its been that way here too...all that snow last week and then two dreary rainy days this week.

    Thanks, Anni
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  18. Today we had a bit of sun, too. So welcome, isn't it, after all that gray?

    ReplyDelete
  19. WATER, AH, WATER

    Water as river or puddle or frost;
    Water that’s roaming alone and seems lost;
    Water that looks like sharp daggers of ice;
    Water that’s frozen as small as white rice;
    All of this water, no matter where found
    Will one day seep back far, far underground
    And surface again for fountain and flush—
    Water, ah, water, you make things so lush!


    © 2010 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Roiling River

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice photo, I do not like the taste of Oysters though. Sweet new design:)

    ReplyDelete

.