my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Looking through "Ruby" colored glass...


Click button to join
FOLLOW ME TUESDAY linked button on SIDEBAR!!










It's small in size, but BIG on Ruby Red.

[Tiny, 3 inch ruby glass pitcher]












- - -<><><>- - -

Yesterday, it was a drab, gray, gloomy day. I of course didn't care for it, but there was ONE plus in all of it. The weather kept me indoors and I began the house Spring Cleaning as planned. I took everything out of the master bedroom walk-in closet and donated shirts, skirts, dresses and shoes to charity [well, I put it all in a huge Hefty bag for now]. Then put everything back and IN ORDER. LOL In other words, the clothes and shoes are all together in a group, i.e., shirts in one section, blouses in another, etc. etc. I know that won't last long, but it looks VERY organized right now. Then, on I moved to the master bathroom's two rooms. One room is the vanity and cupboard - while the 2nd room is the 'thunder mug' the shower stall and tub with an upper level storage cupboard. Got them both all scrubbed out to a sparkle ---found only one webby corner...and that was in the closet! Oh ya, but I did find something unexpected...some of the wallpaper bordering at the ceiling was coming loose. I had to stop everything, move out a lot of cupboard junk I had strewn all over the carpet to bring in the ladder to repair that. It all looks real good. Am gonna start on the master bedroom today. This is one room I never look forward to doing because there is a 17' ceiling. That means I have to get up on the 20' extension ladder to clean the corners. Ewwww.

17 comments :

  1. Wow i love you blog its awesome nice colors you must have did hard work on your blog. Keep up the good work. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are making me feel veeery guilty. but good for you! nothing like looking at a newly cleaned, repacked cupboard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am already tired when I only read what you have done ! I have no energy for the moment, not enough light ! It's real terrible this winter and the light therapy lamps are all sold out !
    Your ruby picture is beautiful. Such nice reflects in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely piece of ruby red glass. I especially like its tiny size ~ very cute!

    You sure did accomplish a lot! Doesn't an organized area make you feel good. It does me... even if it doesn't last as long as I'd like :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Anni do be careful on the ladder!! Many years ago hubby feel from a 12' ladder cleaning our gutters and I not a fan of heights. Neither of us get on a ladder over 5'! LOL

    I'm proud of your cleaning spree!!
    That is first on my list as to 4/1/11.
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love when my closet gets all organized but it doesn't take me long to distroy it again...☺☺☺ LOVE the ruby red pitcher... I collect red pieces too... get a lot of it up in Cape Cod!
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Annie Sweetie...
    You have reminded me that I need to start Spring cleaning as well. A job I hate to do, but a Gal has to do, what a Gal has to do.

    I have a short day at work today, you may have just inspired me to get my master bath sparkly as well. (Notice I said may.) Ha! Ha!

    Hope you and Bud are doing well and the temps are getting nicer for you. I can't wait to see the beach again. Love those morning shots you always share.

    Love your Valentine header sweetie. It spoke to my heart ths morning. This little gal looks like we did in our twin younger pics.

    Have a glorious Tuesday sweetie. Come see my pansies, they are so delightful and lemons too.

    Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your cleaning - I guess dull days do have a purpose after all!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that vase!
    Good for you on the cleaning. I have the day off and plan to do some of that today, but as you can see, I'm goofing off on the computer yet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cleaning a closet. So am I!!I would say how thrilling but there nothing thrilling about cleaning but I have to say Once it done. I'm so glad.

    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh be careful Anni! Getting up on ladders is NOT a good idea! Hubby and I cleaned out our closet before Christmas ~ 2 van loads full to Salvation Army!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Doesn't Neil look great for being 70? I just love him!

    Great photo! I would come steal that pitcher if it were cobalt blue!!!

    Have a great day cleaning!
    C

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like you have been one busy gal.
    I don't even want to think about cleaning out my walk-in closet.The spring part sounds good however.
    You be safe on the ladder. I try not to do ladders with my bad knees now days.
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree that one should return the visit when someone is kind enough to leave a comment. However, sometimes I have something more personal to say to the commenter that I'd rather not post for the whole world to see. For those times, it's nice to have an email address.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You be careful on that ladder!! I'm not too fond of heights and when I was painting the living room ceiling which is of normal ceiling height, my legs were like rubber. lol I can't even imagine being on a 20' ladder!!! Yikes. It's a lot of work decluttering and cleaning but oh so worth it once it's all done.

    Love your little ruby glass pitcher, it's so darling. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. That Thumbelina sized pitcher would be just perfect for my mom's collection...just sayin'! She's collected pitchers over her lifetime and they have special stories that go with them, and she never just bought in order to buy, they had to 'feel' right, if you know what I mean. So your pitcher would be right because it would match a beautiful set of ruby red glasses which are cheese-spread sized and were a wedding gift from, oh, awhile ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love cleaning - it feels good to have everything sparkle and grime free! At least with just the 2 of us now, it actually stays clean with just a quick touch up. So happy hubby is de-cluttering his office!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. RED IS THE HUE

    A touch of scarlet, a bit of red,
    Ribbons of crimson around your head;
    Everyone looking for color knows
    Red is the hue that defines the rose.

    (Ruby red pitchers too, I suppose!)

    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Scarlet Door

    ReplyDelete

.