my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




The Jolly ol' Elf was good to me....



Santa was really good to me this year!! Except for one thing I received in the mailbox!...Christmas day is now over for, once again, another year. I will be busy 'undecorating' the house in a bit. At least will begin to take things down. It usually takes me 3 to 4 days to pack things away. Oh, and to get back to the 'lighter side' of the season, I received a package in the mail this past month, but there was a note stamped all over stating it's not to be opened 'til Christmas Eve!! No return address on the outside either. I was just itchin' to open the sucker!!! It's the cutest darned gift. It's from a secret Santa. I don't know who to thank for this. I'm venturing to think it's from a family member, tho not sure. Only those who visit my blog know I collect Santas, so it has to be someone close; like family or an online friend. All I DO KNOW is it's just too adorable. It's called "Sunday Drive"; a KSA Collector's Item. The photos aren't all that good, somewhat blurry, but I was elated and grabbed the closest camera to me. The cellphone--------







- - -

Now, I do know where these gifts came from and who gave them to me...

From Mutti, my longtime friend in Denmark sent me this beautiful, BEAUTIFUL crystal decanter and 'shot' glasses. She wrote me that this year I must share with Bud...that's fine by me, Mutti!!! And when I get time to go to the Wine and Liquor Import store in town, I will try and find a bottle of Cherry Heering from Denmark...what else could I fill it with but the Danish Liqueur? Besides, I LOVE Cherry Heering!!! And, my dear friend....I LOVE the gift!! And so does Bud!!! I will have it on my dining room hutch all the time now! "TAK"---from the bottom of my heart.


- - -

From Bud and family:





A blown glass tree ornament of Mary and Jesus









GWTW Scarlent 2010 Figurine
A diamond teddy bear pendant






A pretty porcelain dish of holly and a cardinal







A diamond ring
Jeff Dunham new autobiography







A Santa I don't HAVE!
A Holiday clock.
On the hour it chimes
8 different Christmas Carols.
[not all a once, but one different each hour]




Oh, maybe you're curious to what I didn't like receiving? In the mailbox? I have to report [again!!!] for jury duty January 3rd!! @!!#$!Crapola@!!#$!.

- - -<><><>- - -

And, please forgive me, but I have not had time to do my poinsettia scarf giveaway drawing yet!! Our Christmas company left early this morning. The holiday decorations have not been taken down and packed away yet either. I MUST do both these tasks. Hopefully I can get to it in a day or two. Keep faith....the lucky name WILL be drawn soon!!! [We didn't go traveling either as planned...we all decided to stay home, safe, and not be on the roads with San Antonio and Austin traffic. It was predicted to be at the freezing mark here for two days straight with heavy fog and icy roads...we just didn't want to take the chances of having dangerous road conditions in the Texas Hill Country. Altho, on Christmas Day it wasn't as bad as forecasted, but better to be safe than sorry and in the hospital from a wreck, right? I'm bummed, but that's life. Roll with the punches.]

NOTE: As of 8:10 AFTER I posted this post, I did draw for the Scarf Giveway Winner. See the top of my postings here for the link to view who will receive my gift.


23 comments :

  1. Looks like you were a very good girl this year. Love the little Santa in the car too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie , all your gifts are wonderful!! I love the Santa taking a drive! The diamond ring is outta this world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh it's santa here, your entry for this week ruby tuesday is indeed pretty. Merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOT...What a Christmas you had my friend. I love that clock. Everything looks so exquisite. :) Sounds like someone was a good little girl and not all naughty all year long hmmm. LOL

    Hau’oli Makahiki Hou

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great gifts. I love the Santa car.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Christmas must have been a hoot, Hootin' Anni!

    You truly got some wonderful presents. I love the decanter from Mutti. It's really pretty. and will always have sentimental value for you.

    Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thom That really depends on how you define good/naughty. :::wink:::

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anni! You seem to have been busy! All the best to you, your enjoying all those great gifts, and to another fabulous year of BLOGGING!

    Jan (& Dave)
    Greensboro, NC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely gifts Anni, Oh but Santa know all, and looks like he knows about your love of him! Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a cute santa.
    It looks like you had a great Christmas,beautiful ring.
    I understand how you feel about not getting out on the roads.
    We had ice here for Christmas Eve also.
    Have a great Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely gifts, Anni! Happy Holidays and Happy New Year! Thanks for posting to Ruby Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Santa Sunday Drive - it's just adorable! You got some nice things, but the jury duty's not so great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year my friend......... I pray it brings health and happiness.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks as if Ole Santa was especially proud of you this year, you good little girl, you.
    Amazing gifts and you deserve every single one. :))
    hugs, bj

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for letting me know my Ruby Tuesday connection was not working! I added a new link as I had made a mistake in the first link by not deleting the old one completely.

    (Sorry you have to report for jury duty...not my idea of a good time but still wishing you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!)

    Hugs,
    Coralie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Chrismtasy ruby Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow those are beautiful!! Love that diamond ring too ^_^ Advance Happy New Year!!
    Ruby Red Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You really scored some lovely gifts this year!

    Yes, it was the Rio where we had the rehearsal dinner - in an upstairs event room. I like Armadillo a lot, but haven't been there for a long time.

    Thanks for coming over for a visit today!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a nice surprise and the Santa is really special ! Apparently you also had a very nice Christmas and lots of gifts !
    Our Christmas was special this year for the first time with our little grandson. If you want to see some pictures it's here
    http://gattinawritercramps.blogspot.com/2010/12/what-did-you-do-this-weekend_27.html

    and we are still stuck in the snow ! I hope I can get out today, our car was burried, I tried to shuffle most of the snow away. We are really not equipped for this weather !

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Anni... Looks like you had a marvelous Christmas...I have been gone from the blogging world for a while & I am trying very hard to get back on the bloggin track... I have missed my blogland friends! Have a Very Happy New Year!!!
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats to your scarf winner and to you for getting such special presents. Thumbs down for Jury duty but hey, we serve our country that way too right?

    Have a hootin' holiday! We celebrate a long Christmas in my place until the Three Kings in January. I know, I know, it is a loooooong holiday! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Holidays!!! Looks like you scored big time! Love Mrs. Claus looking at Mr. Claus!! Priceless!

    ReplyDelete

.