my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Don't Mock Me!!!


CLICK BUTTON to join!!


LINK TO SONG


Tra-la-la, twiddly-dee-dee
It gives me a thrill
To wake up in the morning to the mockingbird's trill

Tra-la-la, twiddly-dee-dee
There's peace and goodwill
You're welcome as the flowers on Mockin' Bird Hill


When the sun in the morning
Peeps over the hill,


And kisses the roses 'round my windowsill


Then my heart fills with gladness
When I hear the trill
Of the birds in the treetops on Mockin' Bird Hill




- - -

Photos: Mockingbirds in our back yard...on the power lines
Flowers in yard
Sunrise over the city...on a Sunday Morning
Rose from my windowsill [just under the room with my computer]
Bird in the treetops --County Park near Calallen Texas

12 comments :

  1. so far we haven't had these birds show up at our house. they will do this as they love to do a stop overin our yard. rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post hootin' Anni! Great job again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Anni...that is a happy song and actually I had forgotten it thanks for reminding me!!
    Happy Thursday
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos and a great song to go with it!
    You're so lucky to have mockingbirds in your yard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love this song, Anni. And your photos are perfect. I love the sun photo. Gorgeous.
    -- K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heyyyyy, it's not fair that you still have flowers blooming....pppfffftttt:-)~ That's another bird we don't get here, mocking birds. You got some wonderful shots of them, thank you for sharing them with us.

    I've just come back from running some errands and there were some snowflakes flying around. Apparently we're supposed to have our first little snowfall overnight so we'll see if it happens:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://ann-mythoughtsandphotos.blogspot.com/2010/11/thursday-theme-song-teletubbies.html

    I always wonder why the Mocking bird is called the mocking bird.

    When I was 15, I had to study to Kill a Mocking bird for English. I really loved that book and the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How songs have changed, great words

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sure do know how to put some of the neatest photos to song.
    I love the photos of the mocking birds.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful set of photo's

    ReplyDelete
  11. these image are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/11/17/thursday-poets-rally-week-33-november-18-24/


    Welcome attending poets rally week 33, link in a poem, visit 18 poets, done,
    Poetry awards assigned upon completion.
    Happy Friday!
    Thanks in advance for the attention!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

.