“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






It was a beautiful day for a stroll....

MellowYellowMondayBadge


I'm participating in Mellow Yellow this week, only 'cause I have a few photos to share that were taken over the weekend when Bud and I attended the Fall Festival in Portland, Texas.






- - -

...and the 'not so yellow'

We took a hayride, and shopped the craft booths and enjoyed the Fall colors along with the beautiful weather....






Bud
sitting on the hay wagon
enjoying the ride










Me...LOL
with the sun in my eyes
As always, among the flowers...









A full-blooded Native American
doing his leather crafting...
The money from his booth was
going to be donated to the
Corpus Christi N A Burial Ground
Bud, bought the photo you see---

We talked with him while he was
working...he is of the Mescalero Tribe





If you'd like to read about the Monument the Native Americans are in the process of raising funds for which they'll build ...READ HERE


MY MACRO MONDAY
IS below this post --ALSO, the newest Halloween Treat----#3....

22 comments :

  1. Love the shot with all the pumpkins on the grengrass. Looks a fun festival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOps should read green grass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cool photos. Looks like a fun time. Hay rides are so fun as I remember. LOL Been a long time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like great fun!!

    blessings

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun festival and perfect weather for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your scarecrows are too friendly, not at all frightening to the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those scare crows!

    Pumpkin Carving for mellow yellow, have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I wish I can see something like that in the Philippines. That is very cool my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Anni
    You and Bud had a fantastic weekend of fun and sun!!! Great pictures too. Looks like there were lots of fall festivals all over the US this past weekend.
    Mom started a crochet project this weekend...it is for my human sis's Christmas....would you believe she put her yarn in a yarn jar so that I would not chase it?
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great yellow photos!
    Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos, I hope can experience pumpkin season someday! I can only pumpkin here in the market :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow dear Anni! Your photos showed you were having great time during the Fall Festival. Thanks for dropping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't gotten out to see the pumpkins yet or to get the obligatory large pot of mums for the front steps. Still clinging to the remnants of summer and even spring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy October! Lovely shots. / Anna

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like to see a native Indian, I don't know here in MI if we have it here I guess they live way up north. You looks gorgeous Anni, and your DH, he seems like he is enjoying the sun and the ride ^_^ Happy weekdays!
    Indian Corn
    Favorite Snack

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a fun day. I love going to festivals.

    ReplyDelete
  18. the pumpkins and the puppets are really great shots! Soo cute;-) have a good one ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I enjoyed all your pumpkin photos. Thank you for the comment on my blog.

    Zoe @ Zoe's World

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your yellow.

    ReplyDelete

.