“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






When will they ever learn, when will they ever learn....


and

click either button to join

Thursday Thunks below my theme song




THEME SONG:




Where have all the flowers gone
Long time passing



Where have all the flowers gone
Long time ago.....




- - -


....Where have all the soldiers gone?
Gone to graveyards every one
When will they ever learn?
When will they ever learn?



Song lyrics: Where Have All the Flowers Gone [recorded by Kingston Trio and others]

Photos: [first three] white flowers fiddle-leaf morning glory [seen covering the dunes] Depends on the time of day whether the blossoms are open or non-existent.
Graveyard...I posted this in a slideshow while visiting a cemetery for the history of our area...HERE


- - -<><><>- - -

THURSDAY THUNKS



101. When was the last time you went to the doctor? Do you like your doctor? Last year, yes I like both my cardiologist and my primary care doctors...as far as doctors go, that is.

201. My back is itching, will you scratch it for me? My arm is only so long...probably I can't reach.

301. Do you have nice handwriting? I guess. I've been told that ever since 3rd grade penmanship.

401. We are sending you to either New Zealand or Canada, which one do you choose? I'd prefer New Zealand...more tropical than Canada.

501. Do you sing in the shower? No

601. Have you ever been streaking? If so, how far did you streak and did anyone see you? Ya...from the bathroom vanity room to the bathtub!!!

701. How soon is too soon for Christmas decorations and music playing in the stores? I like having Christmas out early in the stores for crafting. It takes a lot of time to make stuff for decorations and I need them in stores early so I have them done for the holidays.

801. If you celebrated Halloween as a kid what was the costume you wore at 5? I don't think I 'did Halloween' that early...if I did, I can't remember what costume my mom put me in. I'm pretty sure I was too young to be out in the streets---so I'd be home with my parents answering the door and handing out candy.

901. How many cavities have you had in your life? Dunno. Not many.

1001. Berleen and Bud come to Arizona to visit Kimber. Who do you think will decide it's too hot here first? Berleen...women are not as tolerant of heat.

1101. Who do you think will ask TT questions next week? Pro'lly Kimber.

27 comments :

  1. When will they ever learn????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen morning glories grow like that. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent my friend. I haven't heard that song in soooo long. It's wonderful. And the photos are excellent. I especially like that last one. Very well done. :) Have a great Thursday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sad song, beautiful flowers! i've never seen white morning glory's before, i only know the purple one's...

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was in Mid secondary school, the boys joined the Boys brigade, and they learn this song, and I learnt it from them. We girls thought it was so sweet.

    But the other boys who wasn't in the boys brigade were quite silly.

    They would singing behind these boys," The girls pick them."

    Thanks for this meme, I really enjoy thinking during the week. I have the photos of Wizard of Oz and will use them when I can't think of others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Anni,
    I love the K-Trio. I have a double cd of them that I enjoy.

    I would rather be sent to New Zealand too.

    I can't even remember what I wore yesterday much less when I was 5. LOL
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good song and pictures.

    What did you think of NCIS this week?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always loved that song, even though it does have a melancholy feel. Oh, and I don't sing in the shower either. Hubby would move the shower to a concrete room with very thick walls and soundproofing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing - my sentiments exactly on all 3 points! I am so disappointed after waiting all summer. They just don't have the pizazz they've had for 7 seasons, that I just caught up on in the last few months. Sad after all the hype. Maybe they should have quit while they were ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny answer to the streaking question, Anni! The one thing I hate about our bathroom is the huge mirror across from the shower. I'm surprised I haven't cracked it yet since that image is sooo unattractive.

    Love that song, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, great to know that! stay fit and healthy!
    i enjoyed my visit, nice photo of the birds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,
    Happened upon your blog. Just thought that an Aquarian with a blog by the name of Hootin Annie can't be all bad. It's a great fun blog.
    Manzanita
    Wanna buy a duck

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Anni! I just posted, and am hoping it's not too late for Thursday Theme Song!.. It was fun, but uh-oh!.. now I'm running late for the rest of my day!.. See again soon!, and thanks for hosting! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I just LOVED the Kingston Trio. And that song... super! Thanks so much for starting this meme. Can't think of anything I would enjoy more than song lyrics and photos.

    Kay
    Alberta, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great theme song and photos.
    I loved 601!!!
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE your Halloween look! And great answers as always. Your streaking answer had me laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Streakin' Anni!
    Love the Halloween look :)

    Have a great Thursday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/09/the-most-powerful-blacklist-on-earth/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome song and wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your theme song pictures are really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A hauntingly beautiful song, I love the photos. Those morning glories are so pretty.

    I remember in my college days (late Vietnam war era) sitting on the campus lawn with a group of friends and singing this song.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG I have been so waiting for this theme :) Thanks for the treat!!! Want my trick now? LOL oo that sounds well...let's just leave it there :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love where have all the flowers gone! And I love your comment today on my blog - pretending to be a mute - you think fast.

    My email address is skcz at comcast dot com - I would love yours.

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Dear Anni I love the song and the pics... I thank you for being my friend and I have something for you! http://junnethllesis.blogspot.com/2010/10/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your Hallloween header!! Great thunks!! Christmas yarn is just about sold out in my craft stores :( I wanted red sparkly yarn :(

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooooh love your Halloween decor in here:-)How lovely it must be to see the morning glories covering the dunes. I didn't even realize that morning glories grew wild but I guess there's various types. And thanks to you, I now have that song in my head! lol

    Waddya mean you'd rather go to New Zealand than Canada?????? You'd be warm here too...under 2 sweaters, 3 coats, 2 sets of mitts, a toque, 3 scarves....oh ok, I see what you mean. hehe

    Hope you're having a wonderful weekend my friend. I just came in from putting away my faerie statues from my faerie garden as well as other lawn ornaments. It's only 41F but sunny so a perfect day to work outside:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

.