my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




This week....




It's been a long, long time since I've stole Sunday Stealing. Here goes:


41. What are your plans for this weekend? So far of what I can remember: Went grocery shopping, did laundry, painted witch's hands and face for a Halloween project, fried shrimp and made fried rice, went to the farmer's market, will leave early before the crowds to have breakfast at Cracker Barrel, crocheted, watched a DVD [The Maiden Heist...cute!!], worked on a couple of word search puzzles, vacuumed, cleaned Winston's ears, played a game of Trivial Pursuit...washed the car...[see below in my Sunday's summary about it raining!], grilled pastrami and cheese sandwiches and tossed a salad, watched baseball games. Then----come back home and stay home, have Bud grill me a steak on Labor Day for our dinner [medium rare please]...home where it's safe. Too many drunk drivers out there...ever since Friday there have been sirens blaring galore!!

42. Do you think someone might be thinking poorly about you? Why might that be? Dunno, don't care. To both questions.

42. What features don't you have that you would like on your cell? Should be the other way around....what features don't you have that you LIKE not having. And for me, it would be TEXTING...that should be left off for road hazards...our over the freeway flashing signs state: Drive and text...you LOSE. So so right.

43. How many people can comfortably sleep in your bed? I'll never tell...but let me put it this way...it's king sized. Probably dozens of little people. Maybe six or seven 'normal' ones...and a couple of kitty cats on the pillows of course!

44. What are you hoping happens by the end of 2010? Headlines stating that Hootin' Anni won the Mega Million Dollar Jackpot...but I'd have to play then, huh?

45. What was the last video you watched on YouTube? Working on my Thursday ThemeSong entry for the future....A country song this time, but it probably won't be used for a while.

46. Would you ever agree to an open relationship with someone? What do you mean "open" I've had two kids...how open do I need to get?

47. Is there something that you could never give up? My life...without a fight anyway. But I guess eventually all good things come to an end.

48. Would you, (or did you) prefer a small, intimate wedding reception, or a big-scale, over-the-top reception? We had a small one with family and friends....I've never been one to go all out for just one day and spend tons of money when that money could be put toward a down payment on a house. Y'know?

49. What’s bothering you right now? I've got this itch!!! Excuse me while I scratch....THERE, that's better. Shall we move on to the next question?

50. Do you hate anyone? I suppose so...but I won't tell you who in Alaska it is.

51. What were you doing at 12 am last night? Working on this meme.

52. Was this summer a good one? How warm was it where you live? All seasons here are super. I love the summer morning walks on the beach and gardening....We had some days with the heat index of 110...hot enough?

52. Is the last person you kissed before your current situation mad at you? Nope.

53. Can a man and woman be friends without having feelings for each other? Sure...if you mean by this: 'sexual' feelings!!! For instance a teacher you can like...no, not a teen but an adult student/teacher, or your preacher, or perhaps next door neighbor in the 'hood! Lots of situations.

54. Do you think long distance relationships work? If you’ve had one, tell us about it. Of course, love [either a good friend, a lover, or even family] relationships can work. Sometimes these questions are very vague.

55. Do you know why it’s called “Random Boredom“? Recite the alphabet backwards if you're a sufferer of RB!!

56. Do you thing [think?] that it’s always the man’s responsibility to initiate sex? No, what fun would that be?

57....I deleted this one. El sicko.

58. Tell us the best thing about your current or most recent S/O. His 40+ years of trying to please me in so many ways; successfully!

59. Tell us the worst thing about your current or most recent S/O. I've oftentimes told him he reads too much. He has talents he's wasting by reading.

60. Would you write one question in today’s comments sop that we could have our followers allow us to steal their quests? We’ll need at least 15. I did....when I posted in the comment section, I was the first one to ask a ?!!!


...end Sunday Stealing. If you'd like to skip over my Sunday's Summary below you can

COMMENT HERE


- - -<><><>- - -






Another week has passed. Not much is going on right now. Well, it finally rained!! In fact we got heavy rains on a couple of days this past week. But not nearly long enough to bring up the water table as it should be this time of year. We're still in a drought, the ground around our yard near the backyard gate where the turf is never growing because of foot traffic, opening and closing the gate...y'all know how that is...that area has big Texas-sized cracks where it looks like photos from the history books seen from the dust bowl days! I've been closely watching the weather channel for updates on tropical storms and hurricanes...Earl, Fiona, and Gaston. Gaston disappeared off the radar, but there is a tropical depression resurfacing - I will continue to watch....hopefully the sheer high above him will break him down to not become disastrous as he marches onward and westward. Also over this Labor Day weekend, we had a Canadian cold front move in to our area dropping the high temps by some ten degrees and drier air...like the famed Alka Seltzer™---"Oh what a relief it is!"

A long time online friend of mine that I've communicated with for over a decade...living in Denmark, shared some phenomenal photos of the Northern Lights from her area this past season. She states that they are now going into the season of a more 'normal' sun/no sun. The time during the summer when the sun doesn't really set completely before sunrise...yep, she lives that far north on the globe!! Now, it's the 'dark season'. She also knows how I love learning the languages...Anyway, I wanted to share a couple of those beautiful photos.....
.......Nordlys [Norwegian?] one two and three is what she titled them, literally, translated to English, its means "Northern lights". I've seen this super nature's phenomenon in real time only once in my life. It was way up in northern sections of the state of South Dakota one summer when I was searching cemeteries working on some genealogy reasearch. On vacation, we happened to be walking back from a restaurant one evening to our motel room, and I saw them...it was something, but not even close to these beauties she shared with me!! For that, I thank you sweet Mutti.

My afghan is coming along nicely. There is ONE more row of working around the entire craft and it'll be completed when I get all the loose ends weaved in and knotted. I'll probably show the finished piece of work on Friday this week, with photos, for Show N Tell meme. If I get to finishing the last row this week sometime. I usually like to sit and work with this while watching ball games.

Speaking of ball games...Bud "found" something for me that I've been looking for for nearly the six years we've been living here in this rinky-dink town! LOL ---I call it rinky-dink 'cause the clothing stores around here only carry sports stuff that pertains to TEXAS. I know, I know, I can shop online for it and Erik offered to buy me what I wanted in Houston...but I am a firm believer in buying locally to support the taxes for the city and county...otherwise the money I spend goes to other cities for their street repair funds. The economy of 'my city' is way more important to me than material things which I can buy any other place. I'm a stickler when it comes to that aspect. [My Monday Morsels tomorrow will be on the very subject] Anyway, he finally found me a NYY T-shirt with the #2 on the back with Jeter's name!!! I ♥ Derek. :o) He said he found it at Champion Sports. I'm beginning to think he had them special order it. I've only seen Houston Texans, Texas Rangers, Astros, Dallas Cowboys, Texas A&M and Texas Longhorn, and many basketball, soccer and ice hockey apparel in there before now. If he did go to all that trouble, he knows I appreciate it. I squealed with delight and he smiled 'cause I had one I continually wore for years before we relocated here on the coast...but when downsizing in the move, it was so worn out I packed it up for the many boxes for charity instead of saving it...thinking I'd buy a new one once we got resettled.

19 comments :

  1. I can see I'm going to have to get the smoke signals fired up for someone in Alaska...ROFLMAO!!! Me Tarzan. You Jane. I love how you scratched your itch and continued on ROFLMAO. Too funny on 57. You are classic. That was so nice of Bud. Have a great Sunday Tonto!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. numbers 46 & 49 cracked me up! great answers! happy sunday!☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of it were hilarious! Nicely done :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long relations do work but with mutual trust and understanding. My hubby is in Canada and I am in India (still visa under process)... We have been separated by distance from the time we have known each other (Round 2 yrs) but still we are together.

    Great answers!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    I am your newest follower.

    Tarunita

    http://dwivedi2326.blogspot.com/2010/09/sunday-stealing-majorly-personal-meme.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you're done with laundry, I'm jealous. Halloween around the corner already huh... time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so with you on the texting. I live in fear that's how my kids or their friends are going to go. They are so addicted to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Northern light pictures are just stunning! I find myself just fascinated by them! I've seen them only once and would love to see them again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My, your weekend seems to be full!
    Mine is a bit same-same if not for a birthday party to go to... but next time, before I complain about being bored, I'll remember your suggestion to recite the alphabet backwards. Er, you didn't say which alphabet though, greek alphabet? Tee-hee-hee.
    Have a great Labor day weekend, Anni :)

    My Miscellany

    ReplyDelete
  9. I should have deleted 57, and a few others, too.
    Looks great around here :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good answers. Wow, you have a busy weekend, no longer you've got as far as Halloween already. Really liked the open relationship answer. Those northern lights photos were amazing. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're such a positive and creative person. I loved all the plans you have for the weekend and just your general outlook on life. I want to more like you ;) thanks for making me smile today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another good answer to #47, so many things I didn't think of. ^_^ Lol @ #57 I agree! Have a wonderful weekend Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Jeter shirt! Go Yankees Go!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You had me at "who in Alaska it is..." Nice to see you back. Thanks for playing...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ruth/Mutti9/05/2010

    Hello Anni-sweet friend
    As usual wonderful post today, and really funny and clever answers .
    Thank you for posting "my" Northern Lights.
    Many people have never seen them, so it was a rather good idea.
    "Du er den bedste" as always
    Love Mutti
    PS- love the "background" picture

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you took care of that itch. Not scratching can be maddening! Happy Labor Day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow thats a lot you did on weekend... thanks for dropping by

    ReplyDelete
  18. ow can i sleep in your bed? :)

    i always dream i could have a king size bed :D yay

    ReplyDelete

.