my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




It rained....40 days and 40 nights...well, not really



Click either button to Join



rain...but for the past couple of weeks, it sure seemed 40 days. I'm sure my visitors are tiring of my 'wet photos' but since the meme this Wednesday is 'watery'.......Y'all know the flooding in Texas lately from the tropical storms. Even way up to the north of the coast some 300+ miles. And I mentioned Sunday we got another huge band of cloud cover and heavy rains. The ground is already saturated...and with just a half hour of another downpour this is what was in our yard after the storm passed----








Uhhhhhhhh, Houston? I don't think we're in a drought any longer in Corpus!! Oh, and PS...I really DO have other shoes besides this pair...but when I photograph being outdoors, this IS my outdoor sandals, I wear 'em all the time when I step out to do yard work. LOL By the way....it rained heavily again this morning about sunrise. Bud and I were headed to the beach for a photo op...rain rain everywhere. And there is a Tropical Storm Karl out there in the Caribbean....heading into Old Mexico...but being a huge size of air mass again, we may get even MORE later in the week or by the weekend no matter if it goes more westwardly or not....it could always decide to come up farther north like Hermine did last week. Oh and around mid afternoon today [Tuesday] there were several tropical funnel clouds reported...they're not the harmful tornadoes as they don't make it to the ground... Not complaining!! We don't have to scoop the intense humidity with a snow shovel. Bud and I will be on the road early in the morning on Wednesday, so this post is not going to be pre-scheduled...I'm just going to post it when I'm finished and hit the sack for the night so I'll be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed when we leave. We'll be gone for the most part of the day, so if you're here...thanks for stopping by!!

26 comments :

  1. wow, that is a lot of water. Hope it dries out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like too much of a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's a lot of rain. Cute feet :). Have a good day tomorrow and be safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay dry, wherever you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish we could get some rain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless your heart. Ever thought of growing rice,lol? We haven't gotten much rain from the storms here at Myrtle Beach but as they say...
    "It ain't over yet."
    Try to stay dry, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a pretty wet yard!
    Have a good time on your adventures today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI! I am a new follower, and I can totally relate to your "wet" pictures. We were that way up here in Indiana for all summer until the first of August. We are adding to our home, and for a while I thought my new garage and sun room were going to turn into one large in-ground pool! We had to clean off the footers THREE times! Now we are so dry that fields are catching fire as we go into an early harvest!

    Please stop by for a visit to the farm at www.walkingtheoff-beatenpath.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have had some really bad storms here the last couple of days.
    Winds this morning blew the roof off of the grain elevator across the street from the office. We also have lots of tree damage around town. This has been one strange year so far.
    Have fun on your day of being out and about.
    Don't forget your umbrella!!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a lot of water!

    http://fredamans.blogspot.com/2010/09/abc-wednesday-i-is-for-wordless-lensday.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is a GREAT picture of your sandal, particularly the part where the white whisps over the water. it is a ghostly illusion and very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, rain...we haven't seen any water from the sky in SO long!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, you certainly don't have to water the grass, now, do you? Saves on your water bill!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that sure is a lot of water. Hope you gets some not so wet days soon :) Happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  15. We were there for the first winds of Hermine -- I was a little thrilled by it. I cannot imagine a big storm - we were on Galveston.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Send us some :)
    PLS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you'll peek at my Wordless Wednesday entry for today -- I had to laugh when I saw yours with the overabundance of rain!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We could definitely use a bit of that moisture! I showed the latest fire - just 8 miles west of us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I wish for rain...it has been weeks since we had enough to even wet the entire deck, just sprinkles mostly...Honey Bear is in Houston this week. Perhaps he is seeing some rain while he's there.
    Have a good trip, wherever you are.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  20. You were playing in that puddle like a big kid, weren't you!!!! lol That is definitely a lot of rain you've been getting...figures, though, it's feast or famine where the rain is concerned. Either you don't get any or you get it all at once. This morning it was only 44F here and I actually had to turn the furnace on, the house was freezing. I'm loving it though:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. You and I need to be next door neighbors. Half of your rain and half of our drought and things should be about normal.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is a lot of rain! Our September weather has returned to the rainy grey days we are famous for but at least here its supposed to rain, and rain, and rain!!
    Good photos!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Annie Sweetie...
    What a beautiful post. You know how I love the rain. It looks so nice and cool. We had another dry 104 degree day, would you trade me? Or better yet how about bottling some and sending it my way. We so need the rain. Everything is so dry. We actually have a lot of folks in the neighborhood that are losing many trees as they just can't keep up with the watering. So sad, as some have been around for a very long time.

    I love your sandals, I would say they look a lot like mine. We have great taste sweetie. Oh and I love that polish color you are wearing on your sweet tootsies.

    Your fairy seems to be quite happy with all the rain. I think she is praising the skies for the fresh drops. I notice that you even have a mother-in-law tongue planted in the ground there. I never thought about trying one of those. Love it, and I may just have to give it a try.

    Oh thank you for the beautiful share sweetie. I so love to come and see what you and Bud are up to. Many hugs and so much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, that is alot of rain.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ahhhh! Looks just like home to me! ;~P
    Greetings from WA state! The We(s)t side!
    Love the rain, but not the tropical storms or funnel clouds!!!

    ReplyDelete

.