my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


A wise man once said....

"....The cure for insomnia is to get more sleep."




Yesterday, I finished refurbishing the free picture frame I found at the antique mall. It looks okay. And luckily, when I went to clean the glass, the glass wasn't scratched or marred in any way. It was so dirty I had qualms about it being so scratched up after cleaning it, that it would have been unusable. Luckily, it was in GREAT shape. Now I need to begin my Wizard of Oz pencil sketch. Once the frame was done, I added a special 'touch' to it...so, the frame MUST be used with the OZ sketch and none other.

I know it's only the middle of August, the 15th already, but when I see all the Halloween stuff coming out on the shelves in the stores around town, I get 'in the mood'!! And, Lisa, a long time online friend for years now reminded me in a comment that it's fast approaching. She and I have always had some fun bewitching and haunting each other's emails throughout our friendship. And of course, I highly anticipate what she does for me, and have loads of fun playing 'tricks' on her for an entire month! This year, I hope we BOO each other's haunts once again. I would've said "I hope we BOO each other's britches off" but that doesn't sound very appropriate.

Anyway, I mentioned a couple of days ago that I am in the infant stages of making a new wreath for the exterior of our house. I haven't decided just how it'll look yet, but I did buy the wreath...it's made of twisted natural rattan. Along with a grouping of orange and yellow flowers and all orange lilies. Also, I bought a pumpkin and a skeleton dressed in frayed gray gunny-sack mesh. Oh, and some dark bloody orange and bright orange metallic ribbon.

Then, there's my 3rd or 4th annual handing out of 'treats' here on my blog. Graphic treats that seem to change as the weeks near to the ultimate Trick 'r' Treat day on October 31st. I need to begin getting some ideas and start making them so they'll be ready for the first day October. While working on those, I'll need to think of some kinda eerie/fun layout for my blog also.

Yet, with all that I'm thinking of right now in terms of the day of witches and goblins, I can't help but think somehow it seems only yesterday that I finally packed all the Christmas 2009 things away. And it's only a little over a month 'til October? Wow...where does time go y'wonder?

I HALLOWEEN

13 comments :

  1. The wise man should have also said Or Carry A Big Stick!!! LOL Okay HA, I love ya to death but my gosh, Halloween already? It's in stores? What the hell happened to Labor Day, 9/11, Columbus Day to name a few. Crap I can't believe that it is almost here. Don't get me wrong, I love all the stuff you do for it but I'm telling you It's only August 15th ROFLMAO!!! DAMN this reminds me The 12 Days of Christmas Hawaiian Style is sneaking up on us. Ooo Only this year is gonna be The 12 Days of Christmas Hawaiian/Washington Style. OMG You know. I vote for let's Boo everyone's britches off ROFLMAO! Have a wonderful Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thom If you knew me...ask Bud...I'd have Halloween year 'round!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, can it be that time? I wonder where the time goes too! I know it is just flying by a bit to fast for me! It was just Christmas, wasn't it?

    Have a great day and enjoy working on your door wreath! I love doing that sort of thing!

    Nancy
    Nancy's Notes

    ReplyDelete
  4. This year seems to have flown by! I'm not ready to think about Halloween - I'm trying to hang onto summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristen told me that the Halloween stuff is out already - unbelievable! I know it excites you.

    I am looking forward to seeing the results of your frame renovation and your sketch. Believe it or not, I have never really watched the entire movie - it scared Kristen the first time when she watched it, and I just never have again. I know - I'm weird! The local community college does a play every summer outside on their campus - I always take the kids. They're been doing take-offs on the theme for the last 3 years and have several more to go. I find them incredibly weird and read my book, but the girls love them - all the kids go running up to get autographs from all the actors when it's over - it's a fun time for them.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. EEEErie fun ahead?! I'm in!

    Trick of BOO! SparkleFarkle~~~~~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anni, Time seems to fly by. I didn't realize it had been over 2 weeks since I blogged. Lately, not much has been happening, so not much to blog about.

    I can't wait until you start handing out your Halloween treats. I have some from the last two years. Yes, my Blogiversary will be in September...2 years.

    I haven't checked my email in some time. I really need to get back to doing it on a daily basis. I am going to blog some photos and show you what I've been up to. Hopefully, later tonight.

    Glad you and Bud are doing well and that you stopped by the Nook to take a look at my hibiscus. That was a baby last year and it has done well. I may post more photos of it soon.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS. Love your new decor. The fairy is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice visitor you have there. Sometimes it tries my patience, but I love trying to capture them with their wings open. This one is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am your newest follower from the blog hop. I hope you stop by and visit my blog, I have a couple of great giveaways going on right now.
    http://shining2save.com

    Have a great day!
    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know, I manage to keep many of the holidays alive all year round by decorating my rooms in "seasons". I did finally, after almost ten years, remove Christmas from the master bedroom and made it just black/white/red. Needed a change. Years ago I bought a good sturdy grapevine wreath and as the seasons change, I just change the faux foliage and the ribbons. Also have a watering can on the table on the front porch and change the foliage in that to match. Easy peasy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think it is too early to think of Halloween or Christmas. If you're like me and you're going to be making something, you might have needed to begin in January...I am always beginning projects but not finishing them...Our annual Cultural Arts contest is the 9th of September...I am trying to figure if I have anything to enter...I know it is getting too late to make anything...but I had wonderful ideas and plans.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete

.